The new DVC Riviera Resort??

The biggest drawing point for Riviera will be the Gondolas. Maybe not at first, but after a while, when people realize what they have. And, it WILL be deluxe, and I think it looks better than BLT.

I am concerned about the pool. If that is the only pool for 300+ DVC units, it seems like people soup in the making.

It does look like an hotel you could find on the French riviera, Nice or Montecarlo. I agree that the building in itself is quite plain, if not boring, but the overall look seems right.

Aerial photos show another hole in the ground being prepped. It's around the wing from this one.
Man, I hope so.

I'm already vaguely concerned about the "two person studio" rumor. While that's totally a norm in timeshares, it hasn't at Disney, and I am now envisioning the inevitable sales ploys. Like every other resort, they'll sell the active regardless of if it's a good fit for people (CCV for families of 5 who don't realize they will always need a 2BR; Poly for people who didn't realize it's all studios for practical booking, and, yeah, bad on them for not researching but still), and then show them the AKV Value and the BWV/BLT Standard point charts with the "you can ALWAYS book something else at 7 months!" song.

Unless the 2-up units are super-desirable, they have the potential to be the next "7 month point flood."

I am concerned about the pool. If that is the only pool for 300+ DVC units, it seems like people soup in the making.

Wouldn't it make pool-hopping a nice selling feature? May be DVC will now limit it to a "direct purchase-only" feature!

LAX

If you look at recent aerial photos of the resort you can see there's a much larger feature pool on a peninsula on the lakefront. No renderings of that area yet.

Wouldn't it make pool-hopping a nice selling feature? May be DVC will now limit it to a "direct purchase-only" feature!

LAX
They cannot limit pool hopping as a direct/resale benefit, because the pools are paid for via dues. They cannot restrict anything covered in dues like that.

A pool is everyone or no one. They CAN restrict a pool from pool hopping, but only to everyone.

Have there been any rumors about Club level rooms?

I doubt it will happen. Disney have avoided it at VGF and BLT, both of which would have been easy to do. Disney do not want to commit to that for 50 years.

The biggest drawing point for Riviera will be the Gondolas. Maybe not at first, but after a while, when people realize what they have. And, it WILL be deluxe, and I think it looks better than BLT.

I don't know if the gondolas will be a big benefit. Unless CMs leave some open at Caribbean Beach, they will be full when they get to the Rivera Resort, or make guests fill in where there is room as that doesn't look like a station where guests must get off the gondola.. The same problem that happens in the morning at GF with the monorail. The monorail comes by, but is full with nobody getting off.

I don't know if the gondolas will be a big benefit. Unless CMs leave some open at Caribbean Beach, they will be full when they get to the Rivera Resort, or make guests fill in where there is room as that doesn't look like a station where guests must get off the gondola.. The same problem that happens in the morning at GF with the monorail. The monorail comes by, but is full with nobody getting off.

While that is a potential issue, I do not see it being as bad as GF. That stop comes after the TTC, and the Magic Kingdom gets as many, if not more, annual visitors than Epcot and HS combined. Three hotels vs. The TTC is not an even comparison.
Plus, if it does become an issue, they can just reserve every 4th car for Riviera people.

I doubt it will happen. Disney have avoided it at VGF and BLT, both of which would have been easy to do. Disney do not want to commit to that for 50 years.

That is what I figured since they had not done it again. It could take some of the pressure off the club level rooms at AKV if they did it though.

That is what I figured since they had not done it again. It could take some of the pressure off the club level rooms at AKV if they did it though.
I frankly don't think they care. Reunion Station was a (lame) attempt at it, but I think any additional attempts will be similar - no point involvement.

While that is a potential issue, I do not see it being as bad as GF. That stop comes after the TTC, and the Magic Kingdom gets as many, if not more, annual visitors than Epcot and HS combined. Three hotels vs. The TTC is not an even comparison.
Plus, if it does become an issue, they can just reserve every 4th car for Riviera people.
I guess my question then, is why don’t they leave an empty car on the resort monorail for monorail hotel guests, then? Or why don’t they limit the TTC people to the express monorail during MK opening/closing jams? They could - but they don’t.
In addition to the potential crowds at park opening w/ the Gondolas causing Riviera guests to be at the mercy of the CMs whims w/ loading protocol, I’m concerned about the stroller/ECV loading at the Riveira station - all the other stations have 2 loading areas w/ one being for ECVs/strollers. Riveira only has one - so ECVs/strollers will have to load at the same speed as the fast line at the other stations, I guess.

I guess my question then, is why don’t they leave an empty car on the resort monorail for monorail hotel guests, then? Or why don’t they limit the TTC people to the express monorail during MK opening/closing jams? They could - but they don’t.
In addition to the potential crowds at park opening w/ the Gondolas causing Riviera guests to be at the mercy of the CMs whims w/ loading protocol, I’m concerned about the stroller/ECV loading at the Riveira station - all the other stations have 2 loading areas w/ one being for ECVs/strollers. Riveira only has one - so ECVs/strollers will have to load at the same speed as the fast line at the other stations, I guess.
I was wondering the same thing about why they do not have monorail cars dedicated to monorail resort guests. It is infuriating when the monorails are jam packed with folks from the ticket center and I cannot leave my resort! Or get back to my resort! Nightmare.

I can't speak for them, only guess. My guesses include that monorail cars are never officially called "full" by Disney, so they can play dumb about how not knowing that more people couldn't fit. Also, the GF has a private boat that goes to MK, so they may want to encourage people to take that in order to maximize the amount of people going that way.
Gondolas are smaller and more frequent, so holding onto one of those would take a lot less effort. Kind of like skipping a doom buggy on haunted mansion instead of a whole train on everest.

I think the final product and reaction to it will be interesting. The reality is DVC doesn't have a history of building over the top resorts and this is a resort on the grounds of a moderate so expectations of it being a destination unto itself are unrealistic. In addition the gondola will serve 2 parks along with a value, moderate and deluxe. Capacity, temperature and wait time complaints are inevitable. I expect middle of the road on all sides which will make most people unhappy in some area or another.

I can't speak for them, only guess. My guesses include that monorail cars are never officially called "full" by Disney, so they can play dumb about how not knowing that more people couldn't fit. Also, the GF has a private boat that goes to MK, so they may want to encourage people to take that in order to maximize the amount of people going that way.
Gondolas are smaller and more frequent, so holding onto one of those would take a lot less effort. Kind of like skipping a doom buggy on haunted mansion instead of a whole train on everest.

This is why I wish they would figure out a way for people to walk from GF to MK, the walk is shorter than the walk from BW to HS. Darn that canal!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!