The *NEW* Coronado Springs FAQ Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buzz:
I was just looking at your picture of the murphy bed- is it really that low to the ground. I am asking because this would be the bed that my moms would be sleeping and she may experience difficulty in getting up from it because of the short height. Can you give me some insight??

Buzz:
I was just looking at your picture of the murphy bed- is it really that low to the ground. I am asking because this would be the bed that my moms would be sleeping and she may experience difficulty in getting up from it because of the short height. Can you give me some insight??

bumping up hopefully to get an answer

Well Buzz...I think you got me in trouble my DH!:rotfl: I was originally booked at CSR (Pop Century first, but that doesn't count!), then I upgraded to AKL Standard View. Couldn't wait to get there, but it WAS just a standard view...then I started remembering how beautiful your pictures were. So today, I switched back to CSR Water View. Now to tell DH what I've done. :eek:

I added another day to my ressie, we are now going 11/29-12/5. I did this because airfare is so much cheaper to fly to orlando on thursday than our original date on friday, 11/30. We are taking a late flight, leaving buffalo at 6:20pm- flying nonstop with Southwest. We will be arriving at CSR around 10pm- that is kind of late. I hope to still get the building that I requested- Cabana 9B even though I am arriving so late- any thoughts anyone?? I have Cabana 9B marked on my ressie so this may help.

Buzz:
I've never stayed in a jr suite but the bed does look as low as the picture seems. It's only one mattress high.

Well Buzz...I think you got me in trouble my DH!:rotfl: I was originally booked at CSR (Pop Century first, but that doesn't count!), then I upgraded to AKL Standard View. Couldn't wait to get there, but it WAS just a standard view...then I started remembering how beautiful your pictures were. So today, I switched back to CSR Water View. Now to tell DH what I've done. :eek:
Now you did it...:angel:

Buzz, I just want to say Thank You for all the valuble information you provide about the CSR. In fact it was your web site and wonderful pictures that convinced my family to give up their deluxe habit and try a moderate. We will be arriving at CSR in a few weeks and I have a question for you. Do you think faxing a room request to CSR before our arrival helps? What I'd like to snag are connecting rooms for me and DH and our DD/DSL and DGD. I know request are never quarenteed but do you think a fax helps?

BTW I had already requested the Casitas when I made the reservation months ago. I picked that area because of your pictures! Do they have connecting rooms in all the villages? Do you think it would be best to just prioritize our request to connecting rooms wherever?

Thanks for your help!

I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone can answer for me please. First, if I request a certain area or building, what are the chances of getting it? I still believe getting to the resort earlier in the day helps your chances. Second, what is the opinion on the water view rooms? Not worth the extra money because the rooms don't have a private balcony. Is it worth the upcharge? no, not IMO Finally, what are some recommendations for areas or buildings?

I have a family of 4 (DW-29 again, DS-11 and DD-8), staying the end of next March. We would like something relatively quiet that is still close to the pool and food areas. I've been looking at the pictures on Buzz's website and the facilities look fabulous. The Cabanas look ideal, but will this fit the parameters that I'm looking for? Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
Here are some good building choices.

Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge. (Most convenient location and most preferred)

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building. (Closest to the Pool)

Cabana 8b and 9a are in between the 2 above. 9a has a quiet pool (and is the old smoking optional building).

Ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views but you will have to walk or ride the internal shuttle to get to the pool.

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building. Close to bus stop 2.

Buzz, I just want to say Thank You for all the valuble information you provide about the CSR. In fact it was your web site and wonderful pictures that convinced my family to give up their deluxe habit and try a moderate. We will be arriving at CSR in a few weeks and I have a question for you. Do you think faxing a room request to CSR before our arrival helps? What I'd like to snag are connecting rooms for me and DH and our DD/DSL and DGD. I know request are never quarenteed but do you think a fax helps?

BTW I had already requested the Casitas when I made the reservation months ago. I picked that area because of your pictures! Do they have connecting rooms in all the villages? Do you think it would be best to just prioritize our request to connecting rooms wherever?

Thanks for your help!
Thanks for the feedback! I believe faxing does help and I also believe getting to the resort earlier in the day does as well. 50% of the rooms at CSR are adjoining (door between).

I added another day to my ressie, we are now going 11/29-12/5. .... I hope to still get the building that I requested- Cabana 9B even though I am arriving so late- any thoughts anyone?? I have Cabana 9B marked on my ressie so this may help.

Our trips cross! We'll be at CSR 11/25-12/2 (before boarding the Wonder--yes, you can be jealous!) ;)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on getting your requests with the late arrival. Having it on your ressie should help, but if someone comes along and fusses about their location before you arrive, your room could be given away. As they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Here are some good building choices. ....

Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views but you will have to walk or ride the internal shuttle to get to the pool.

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building. Close to bus stop 2.

Okay Buzz, be honest. Do you have any thoughts on Casita 4 at all? Have I made a mistake by requesting this particular Casita? Also, can you give me your thoughts on std vs. water views in this area. We're std. now, but if I'm missing out on something, I'll see if a water view is still available. Here's what's important to me during our stay: Being near a bus stop, being near a laundry room :laundy:, and being near the fitness center (my feet may never cross the threshold of this facility, but for now my intentions are good). FYI: We'll have our own car.
:thanks:

Okay Buzz, be honest. Do you have any thoughts on Casita 4 at all? Have I made a mistake by requesting this particular Casita? Also, can you give me your thoughts on std vs. water views in this area. We're std. now, but if I'm missing out on something, I'll see if a water view is still available. Here's what's important to me during our stay: Being near a bus stop, being near a laundry room :laundy:, and being near the fitness center (my feet may never cross the threshold of this facility, but for now my intentions are good). FYI: We'll have our own car.
:thanks:

I can give some input on this.....

I stayed @ CSR 8/24-8/26 (before sadly having to move to POR) and we had Casitas 4....room
47b7d723b3127ccebac8bacf409c00000026108BZuWzNu3bC

We paid for waterview but recieved a view that looked like this:
47b7d723b3127ccebac8bc2e407e00000026108BZuWzNu3bC

And the pole you see in that photo---we couldn't see around it FROM the room but once outside the door you could see:
47b7d723b3127ccebac8b2d1408600000026108BZuWzNu3bC

We were just steps from the pool and practically connected to the fitness center.

Here is the fitness center and we were just to the right of the picture taken
47b7d723b3127ccebac828e5c1cf00000026108BZuWzNu3bC

While we didn't have a true waterview room (better then a parking lot) we LOVED this location. I was in 6A last year---UGH that was horrible. Faced the parking lot and El Centro was a million miles away...

Not so much in Casitas 4...We had maybe a 3-4 minute walk to everything---even to get over to the Dig Site. Bus stop directly behind our building. Very enjoyable location and the quiet pool by the fitness center seemed pretty dead everytime we used it or passed it.
Looking like this usually
47b7d723b3127ccebac8a62cc14100000026108BZuWzNu3bC

I will request this building for all future stays @ CSR.

47b7d723b3127ccebac8b08a40dc00000026108BZuWzNu3bC

I LOVE CSR!!!!!

47b7d723b3127ccebac83030402600000026108BZuWzNu3bC

47b7d723b3127ccebac82598001c00000026108BZuWzNu3bC

I can give some input on this.....

I stayed @ CSR 8/24-8/26 (before sadly having to move to POR) and we had Casitas 4....room
47b7d723b3127ccebac8bacf409c00000026108BZuWzNu3bC

We paid for waterview but recieved a view that looked like this:
47b7d723b3127ccebac8bc2e407e00000026108BZuWzNu3bC

And the pole you see in that photo---we couldn't see around it FROM the room but once outside the door you could see:
47b7d723b3127ccebac8b2d1408600000026108BZuWzNu3bC

We were just steps from the pool and practically connected to the fitness center.

Here is the fitness center and we were just to the right of the picture taken
47b7d723b3127ccebac828e5c1cf00000026108BZuWzNu3bC

While we didn't have a true waterview room (better then a parking lot) we LOVED this location. I was in 6A last year---UGH that was horrible. Faced the parking lot and El Centro was a million miles away...

Not so much in Casitas 4...We had maybe a 3-4 minute walk to everything---even to get over to the Dig Site. Bus stop directly behind our building. Very enjoyable location and the quiet pool by the fitness center seemed pretty dead everytime we used it or passed it.
Looking like this usually
47b7d723b3127ccebac8a62cc14100000026108BZuWzNu3bC

I will request this building for all future stays @ CSR.

47b7d723b3127ccebac8b08a40dc00000026108BZuWzNu3bC

I LOVE CSR!!!!!

47b7d723b3127ccebac83030402600000026108BZuWzNu3bC

47b7d723b3127ccebac82598001c00000026108BZuWzNu3bC

awesome pictures!!

Buzz when we stayed at CSR I was talking to a man at the pool who seemed to know a lot about the resort he said he has stayed there 5 times (it was'nt you was it) and he told me they would be doing over the Pepper Market and once the inside bar opened up they would close up the outside one by ElCentro. I've read that the PM isn't run by Disney maybe their contract is up and disney is taking it over? Have you heard anything about the PM closing? Thanks, Linda :)

Buzz when we stayed at CSR I was talking to a man at the pool who seemed to know a lot about the resort he said he has stayed there 5 times (it was'nt you was it) and he told me they would be doing over the Pepper Market and once the inside bar opened up they would close up the outside one by ElCentro. I've read that the PM isn't run by Disney maybe their contract is up and disney is taking it over? Have you heard anything about the PM closing? Thanks, Linda :)
No, it wasn't me. I've been there 9 times. The PM is run by an outside contractor. That's why they don't have the new mugs. I didn't know that the outside lounge is only temporary though or that the PM was going to be rehabbed/ redone.

Buzza quick question......me DH and 2DD 5 &7 will be staying somewhere in the cabanas or casista 4 since they are close to the buses(will have our car by why drive the parks when there is really no need to:rolleyes1 )......are the room big enough to put down a queen air bed.:idea: .......doubles are small for DH and I to share since we are used to the king at home for several years now and sharing with the bed hog kiddies not the best option for a restful nights sleep........:confused: so is a queen air bed good or should be size down to a double and have the kiddies share it??.......... thanks in advance for your advice.......:banana:

Buzza quick question......me DH and 2DD 5 &7 will be staying somewhere in the cabanas or casista 4 since they are close to the buses(will have our car by why drive the parks when there is really no need to:rolleyes1 )......are the room big enough to put down a queen air bed.:idea: .......doubles are small for DH and I to share since we are used to the king at home for several years now and sharing with the bed hog kiddies not the best option for a restful nights sleep........:confused: so is a queen air bed good or should be size down to a double and have the kiddies share it??.......... thanks in advance for your advice.......:banana:
I've enver down it but I've read that some guests have used it and put it by the door. You may just have to move the table to the other side of the armoire.

We brought a twin size (self inflating) air mattress with us on our trip and it was a little tight we moved one bed over to the wall and put the air mattress in the middle we thought about moving the table and chairs on the other side of the armoire but then my DS could'nt watch the TV before going to sleep, my ds14 was happy to have his own bed, although this is not the perfect set-up we prefer to stay onsite and we really enjoyed our stay at CSR and we will do this again on our next trip. :) Linda

Does anyone have any experience at the spa? I'm thinking about a massage while I'm there.

I have had a massage every year we have stayed at CSR. Although they may not be Mario Tricoci (the big spa in our area) or as nicely set up as the one at the Grand Floridian, I have always enjoyed it. I usually do it a little past the midway point of our trip and it helps me survive all the walking the rest of the trip. The one I had last week was quite good...I got the 50 minute aromatherapy massage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter