The *NEW* Coronado Springs FAQ Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, that makes me feel better. Our ADR is for 5pm as well, as I am going to MVMCP that night. I figured, well at least, I"m hoping to be done by 6 in order to get to the park for 7. Hopefully if we are there early, then it won't be as crowded as it possibly could be later on!

Buzz....about how far from CSR is MK? (Thanks!)
It's about a 10 min. ride to MK

OH! I'm so glad to "hear" the Maya Grill chatter! I booked an ADR there for our first night, and THEN I read the reviews. I was concerned too, but I am so glad to read the positive comments. :thumbsup2

Well, I must report that I am now VERY excited in general about our 1st stay at CSR (only 60 more days to go)! I was the one who was worried because I was not going to be able to stay at the WL, but not anymore. I am completely psyched about this, and am looking forward to our stay now more than ever. :)

we are trying Maya Grill for breakfast- any thoughts??

We just ate at Maya Grill for breakfast on Sunday. I wish I could say I enjoyed it but we did not think it was very good. We went late at about 10:30 so maybe it was because it was close to the end of breakfast. The waffles were hard, not alittle hard very hard and they put new ones out and they were hard aso. The milk in the white pitchers for the cereal was warm. The potatoes were cold. The french toast was ok. We went to Chef Mikey's for breakfast and Kona cafe twice and the Crystal Palace and they were much, much better. Sorry, but that was my findings.
PammyPoppins

We just ate at Maya Grill for breakfast on Sunday. I wish I could say I enjoyed it but we did not think it was very good. We went late at about 10:30 so maybe it was because it was close to the end of breakfast. The waffles were hard, not alittle hard very hard and they put new ones out and they were hard aso. The milk in the white pitchers for the cereal was warm. The potatoes were cold. The french toast was ok. We went to Chef Mikey's for breakfast and Kona cafe twice and the Crystal Palace and they were much, much better. Sorry, but that was my findings.
PammyPoppins
That's a good point Pam. I bet going later is worse plus the Maya Grill doesn't get a lot of foot traffic so between the two things going later in the AM is probably not the best. I was there at 8:00am and everything was great. I love the fresh fruit area and the breakfast burritos the best.

That's a good point Pam. I bet going later is worse plus the Maya Grill doesn't get a lot of foot traffic so between the two things going later in the AM is probably not the best. I was there at 8:00am and everything was great. I love the fresh fruit area and the breakfast burritos the best.

gotta admit- Chef Mickey's for breakfast is my all time favorite. I keep calling back to ressies hoping someone has cancelled their breakfast time- no such luck. Oh well- trying new things is always good!!

Hi everyone!

I am going on my first trip to CS in December and I can't wait! A friend of ours is a CM and has gotten us the room for 8 nights for the same price as the Pop would be for the same amount of time! I really wanted to go to the Pop for the kids as I thought they would love it, but he said "have the room for you, the parks are for the kids" And I totally agree. Althought the parks are for us too:) It will still be nice to get away from the park theme for the few hours we will spend there and I am so happy to hear that it is quiet. Buzz's site is awesome and this place looks so gorgeous and I can't wait to try the Pepper Market. The kids will love the pool as long at it is warm enough for it, although I am hoping for cooler weather this go round.

I do have a question though... Why do you feel it necessary to tip housekeeping every night? Anytime I have ever been to a hotel, we left a tip only on the last night you are there. I can't afford to tip every night,and honestly, usually put the "do not disturb" sign on the door so they won't come in. I'm not too trusting of anyone and I don't like the fact that someone is in my room possibly going through my things, ya know?

Anyway, thanks to you all for all the great info and tips. I am so glad I found this place!

I like to tip each day because you may have the same person clean your room for 5 days in a row and then your last day happens to be that persons day off, so the whole tip goes to someone that has maybe only cleaned it once. Just my opinion though.

I have one worry about staying at CSR, and it the size of the resort and was wondering if they were pretty accomidating about room request. My husband has bad knees and I was going to request a room close to the El Centro and the bus stop.We are trying not to rent or bring along our scooter this year since it such a hassel , last time we left the rented scooter in the room and rented from the parks a couple of days and it was so much easier but we stayed at POFQ and were right next to the building and bus stop so there was no problem. If anyone has ay other ideas or suggestions please let me know. Oh yes and the request I was going to make was the building closest to El Centro and the ground floor.
Thanks

We just got back the other day from CSR and it was okay. We checked in at 0700 EST and got a room right away. I had requested Cabanas 9a or 9b. I also wanted a corner room, but didn't request it b/c I didn't want to seem to picky. We got 9b and a corner room:dance3: . Imagine my surprise when I realized it. The room was just as I had imagined it from the pictures. However our sink was not together. The faucet part of it was off and laying on the counter. Not a big deal considering it was almost 0730 at that time. :rotfl: We called maintenance and they were very apologetic and fixed it right away. The grounds were beautiful and we were right outside of the quiet pool so it was nice to be able to walk down the stairs and get into the pool. We swam in the Dig Site a couple of times and it was great also. I loved the slide. The only down side we had this trip was housekeeping. They made our beds and gave us clean towels however they never did not change our ice bucket or glasses, Even after we had asked them to do it. We had to do it ourselves. We also barely got any shampoos or conditioners. I know that you can have that problem at any resort but this is the first time we had had a problem with housekeeping ever and we were a little disappointed. Also one day we came back from the park at almost 3 in the afternoon and our room was not clean. I called housekeeping and informed them and they told me that they had until 4 in the afternoon. I can understand that, however in the days following they were waking us up at 8 and 9 in the morning. I thought they had a set schedule, but I guess not. Also most of the time they wouldn't even knock on the door. They would just walk right in. Imagine our surprise when we were getting ready for bed and they just come right in. It was a good resort, however not the best I've stayed in.:)

I have one worry about staying at CSR, and it the size of the resort and was wondering if they were pretty accommodating about room request. My husband has bad knees and I was going to request a room close to the El Centro and the bus stop.We are trying not to rent or bring along our scooter this year since it such a hassle , last time we left the rented scooter in the room and rented from the parks a couple of days and it was so much easier but we stayed at POFQ and were right next to the building and bus stop so there was no problem. If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions please let me know. Oh yes and the request I was going to make was the building closest to El Centro and the ground floor.
Thanks
CSR is a large resort, there isn't a preferred section, amd room requests are not guaranteed. Many things can factor in like your arrival time and how crowded the resort will be. You may try for a medical reason, not sure how that works.

I LOVE the look of this resort and am thinking of switching my ressie to here, but I am really concerned about the size. It is not my idea of fun to get back exhausted from the parks and walk 10 minutes to my room. How often does the blue golf cart shuttle run around? We would want to be near the dig site and El Centro - what is the best location to ask for? And how far of a walk is it to El Centro?

I LOVE the look of this resort and am thinking of switching my ressie to here, but I am really concerned about the size. It is not my idea of fun to get back exhausted from the parks and walk 10 minutes to my room. How often does the blue golf cart shuttle run around? We would want to be near the dig site and El Centro - what is the best location to ask for? And how far of a walk is it to El Centro?
First off, the resort has 4 bus stops. Each village has its own so you can get close to your room upon return from the parks. If you want to stop at the main building before heading to your room, you can wait outside the back of the main building for a shuttle (golf cart) or hop back on the bus to get to the back of the resort to your bus stop. CSR is a large resort and some walking will be involved.

subbing. I'm trying to find a good moderate resort to stay in when I take my In-Laws on their first trip to WDW in Dec '08. Would you recoment a Jr. Suite or just get two rooms that are joining?

Subscribing. Just switched my ressie from POFQ to CSR :woohoo: Thanks for the excellent info and gorgeous pics, especially Buzz2001 for his great website! :goodvibes

I have a question about CSR:

What are the hours for the fitness center? I am interested in exercising during my upcoming trip. I am dieting and exercising right now- although all of the walking that I will be doing might be enough, lol. Also what kind of equipment do they carry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter