The Legend of the Lion King Show

tmp

Mouseketeer
I understand that there are 5 shows each day.
Does anyone know which ones are in English?
Thanks.

The schedule in November last was English shows at 12 noon, 2 and 4.30 pm. French showings were 1 and 5.30 pm.

Others have said if English shows tickets have been distributed then go for French since songs are in English.

Reid

Thanks Reid,

Might try and time lunch at Cafe Hyperion to coincide with a showing so we don't have to queue up for tickets.:teeth:

Tina

Cyrano said:
The schedule in November last was English shows at 12 noon, 2 and 4.30 pm. French showings were 1 and 5.30 pm.

Others have said if English shows tickets have been distributed then go for French since songs are in English.

It was the same schedule in March. If you can't get to an English show, then do go to a French one, as Reid mentions. The show is 90-95% sung, and the songs are always in English. It's the spoken dialect in between that varies. To me, 99% of what made the show great (it really is great!) were the songs and the visual aspects of the show.

Our one regret when we went to the show; especially since we got front row seats, was that we did not take photographs. :guilty:

There is a bit in the show where Scar comes right to the edge and roars - Robyn (then 2) about jumped out of her skin :rolleyes: but was all smiles when Nala and Scar came to see if she was okay at the end of the show.
She keeps asking if the show is still on. :flower:

Reid

Does anyone know how long this will be running for? I am keen like you wouldn't beleive (OK maybe you would!) to see this in February if it's still on.

Karen
sorry don't really know the answer, although for some reason I recall reading about 2006/07.
Given the small venue and the success of the show you would hope park management would keep this going until interest wains :cool1:

Reid

I just got back from DP and they distribute tickets for the show at 11AM and 3PM near videopolis. English is at 12 noon, 2pm and 430PM. I think the show is about 25 minutes long and if you enjoy it you can buy really nice souveneir programmes with photos on a stall by videopolis or in some of the disney shops in the park (for 6 euros). The tickets aren't numbered - it just guarentees your entry so you'd have to get there earlyish to get the seat you want - a good seat for view would be anywhere in the middle i would imagine. There are puppet/animated characters on either side of the stage which pop out from time to time - Pumbaa and Simba.

Best seats, if you can get them is the front row :teeth:
I'd head for middle section on righthand aisle as characters/dancers came down here.

Reid

Thanks for the tip, Reid.:sunny: I'm going to start a little notebook to write all these invaluable tips in, then I'm not scouring the trippies the night before we go!

Oh Elaine, you sound just like Rhiannon and me - we've both got little books full of tips. Well, we're either all incredibly sad or incredibly well organised and masters (mistresses??) of forward planning!!! :rotfl2:

Oops I must be sadder :rolleyes: as well as notebook I printed of a folder of threads with suggestions which I bound at work :rolleyes1

Reid

If the prize is worth it ;) then can I count the Disney colouring books that took me weeks to print and make up :rotfl: :banana:

Reid

Cyrano said:
If the prize is worth it ;) then can I count the Disney colouring books that took me weeks to print and make up :rotfl: :banana:

Reid

:rotfl: Were they for you or the 3 little Cyranos??? :rotfl:

Bet you joined in, though! Whenever my younger DD starts colouring, I always want to do some as well. Mind you, SHE now tells ME not to go outside the lines! :rotfl2:

Reid, I see you are now staying at Davy Crockett Ranch. It looks lovely there. We're hoping to come again in August 2006 (no point having those annual passes and not using them!!!) and are thinking of staying there then. We did think of bringing our car over but Thompson has just started doing cheap flights out of Bournemouth so if they are still doing them next year we will fly with them and then hire a car. Although the majority of the reviews on the Explorer are favourable, at the end of the day it isn't a Disney hotel and doesn't have the characters. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter