The large number of new Aulani resale contracts??

Another wave of Aulani contracts showed up this morning from the usual brokers. So confused. The likely outcome will be to crash the Aulani resale market, which most hurts the same people who are posting dozens and dozens of resale contracts there.

These types of effects tend to be temporary. A few months ago the market for Poly resales dried up as everyone was snapping resales when PIT being in the "same association" rumor was about to be confirmed. Prices spiked at the time but came back down as things settled down. I suspect the same will happen here - if resale prices fall due to greater supply, they'll recover once things settle down... For those looking to add on (or those who move opportunistically), it may be a good time to make a move. I actually just did... :-)

These types of effects tend to be temporary. A few months ago the market for Poly resales dried up as everyone was snapping resales when PIT being in the "same association" rumor was about to be confirmed. Prices spiked at the time but came back down as things settled down. I suspect the same will happen here - if resale prices fall due to greater supply, they'll recover once things settle down... For those looking to add on (or those who move opportunistically), it may be a good time to make a move. I actually just did... :-)
Congrats!! I'll be on the lookout for your name in the ROFR thread.

I completely agree with this. I sorta suspect that in about a month will be a great buying time for AUL.

you should have a thing in your signature where the mugs are filled differently depending on how many points you have at those resorts :D

Me wondering if you were one of the ones who stood outside the store
Ha! When I worked at Abercrombie it was when I was in college in Los Angeles…. specifically the store at Century City….where they had actual professional models working. I was in the back dealing with inventory….

If we are going in the WAAAY back machine then you can see me in the two photos below…. definitely NOT front of the house Abercrombie material.

Attachments

• IMG_0715.jpeg
    IMG_0715.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0540.jpeg
    IMG_0540.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 31
Right. At a certain point in time the $30pp AKJ value studio rental becomes a good option compared to what else is left.

Shoot, we sold a BWV Mon and Tues night at near $39pp in May. $702 for us and broker tacked another $116 to the reservation, so it was bought at $408/nt. A few months out it still beat all the other comparable options. Swolphin more expensive, BC/RIV sold out, Values and Moderates not considerably cheaper for giving up location, nearby amenities, and access to EP and MK EEH.
@Genie+ how do you get $39pp with broker? I thought broker only pays somewhere around $18 per point for booking with home resort advantage?

I honestly want my own bot to book my vacations so I can sleep in. lol. Not going to lie, I have considered learning how to do this to book my BLT standard 1 or 2 bedroom since it seems those get walked. Don’t worry I am not going to…but the extra sleep is awfully lucrative.
Ha same, but mainly because I never book far enough in advance and always end up stalking the site for nights people drop. Thankfully I have a desk job that allows me to refresh and check when I remember.

Ha same, but mainly because I never book far enough in advance and always end up stalking the site for nights people drop. Thankfully I have a desk job that allows me to refresh and check when I remember.
Lucky! Most of the time I can’t get time to book while at work. I wish I could!

@Genie+ how do you get $39pp with broker? I thought broker only pays somewhere around $18 per point for booking with home resort advantage?
There’s a few brokers online that specialize in confirmed reservations. You enter the price per point you want, then they add their brokers fees on top of that price. I asked for $38.88 per point. Brokers added another $6.44pp on top of that. It still sold.

I received $700 total for 18pts, and the broker got an $116 for posting my two 9pt nights at BWV. Buyer paid $408/nt.

I booked these about 10 months out but didn’t bother putting them up for rental until just under 5 months out.

Could be a game changer for me if they also do cruise swaps with confirmed reservations. You don’t have to tell me more. I will go look it up. :)

This brings up a good point about why we may be seeing a more robust rental market than in the past.

People may be choosing to rent more to swap for things like this since it’s getting easier and easier to do.

If Disney is out pricing owners who now go less often but aren’t interested in selling, renting to do other vacations is an easy thing to do.

With the brokers now acting as travel agents, owners get it all done with one simplified transaction.

There’s a few brokers online that specialize in confirmed reservations. You enter the price per point you want, then they add their brokers fees on top of that price. I asked for $38.88 per point. Brokers added another $6.44pp on top of that. It still sold.

I received $700 total for 18pts, and the broker got an $116 for posting my two 9pt nights at BWV. Buyer paid $408/nt.

I booked these about 10 months out but didn’t bother putting them up for rental until just under 5 months out.
hmmm I tried to find but I could not. Is it because I need to create an account maybe?

hmmm I tried to find but I could not. Is it because I need to create an account maybe?

I just took a look and the one I used didn’t require account. It just asked a few quick questions about the date, $pp, how many nights, room, conf#. Then asked for my contact details. Check a few boxes regarding terms and sign.

This site is super simple for owners and renters doing confirmed reservations.

They did call the next morning making sure I understood the price was high. Lol they probably wanted me to lower so they could pad more fees.

Buyers can just buy online. Once they paid we were contacted to put names on reservation. Our 75% payment came soon, the last 25% after checkout date.

I understand these points but at end of day if they are posting akv value that high others could undercut them with just standard rooms and someone looking at prices wouldn’t go higher. Now it’s possible the confirmed reservations in general just go for more but in past I believe math for other studios were even better from Disney price to point perspective. I haven’t checked in years but something like September poly I recall being much better price per point even then akv value. Akv value is good from absolute point perspective and value is much better then standard for studio akv but in general akv doenst have that great of a point to cost ratio compared to rack rates from what I recall.
Again, I think you're looking at this too much from the standpoint of an Owner, and not enough from the standpoint of someone who sees this suggestion to rent from one of these brokers in a facebook group, or is told to do so by their friends, who have done it. All they see is a deal and a good one at that...they don't realize they are paying more per point than someone else for a lesser room. They probably don't even realize it's a lesser room than a standard view in terms of size as most rooms on Disney's consumer site are classified based on location (heck, there are owners that don't know the differences between these rooms as that questions comes up quite a bit about the difference between a value and a standard room). In this case, the Value room, while smaller still has a pretty good chance of being in a better location (pool view/savannah view) than a standard studio though.

Just for the heck of it, I wanted to see if I could pinpoint what you were talking about though. It took awhile to find an AKV value studio available on the consumer site, that was in the same range as Rentals on that brokers site. I found one available on consumer site for August 6th and thankfully the rental broker has more than a few value studios around that date as well as Polynesian standard views. These were the numbers I found.

Disney Consumer Site AKL-Value = $464 pre-tax and $522 post tax
Rental Broker Rate for same room = $297 and $309 after adding processing fees (A rate cut of $213 or a 41% discount on Disney Rack Rate...with the broker selling for $33 a point in this instance).

Disney Consumer Site Polynesian Standard View = $698 pre-tax and $785 post tax
Rental Broker Rate for same room = $540 and $563 with processing fees (Rate cut of $222 or a 28% discount on Disney Rack Rate...with the broker selling for $27 a point in this instance).

Just to add some price comparisons from the consumer site as well to compare against the AKL-Value:

Pop Century - $241 ($68 price difference between AKL, which is a deluxe resort, with better pools, a bigger room and a chance at a Savannah View).
AOA Little Mermaid - $294 ($15 price difference)
Coronado Springs - $323 (AKL is cheaper by $14)
Port Orleans French Quarter - $345 (AKL is cheaper by $36).

If another broker wants to rate cut them, I guess they could, but their prices when you really look at them and compare them with rack rates, are way more than fair and already a pretty substantial discount. The fact they are pricing the value the same as a room like AOA Little Mermaid, says to me there isn't that much wiggle room to further undercut that price.

Last edited:
Again, I think you're looking at this too much from the standpoint of an Owner, and not enough from the standpoint of someone who sees this suggestion to rent from one of these brokers in a facebook group, or is told to do so by their friends, who have done it. All they see is a deal and a good one at that...they don't realize they are paying more per point than someone else for a lesser room. They probably don't even realize it's a lesser room than a standard view in terms of size as most rooms on Disney's consumer site are classified based on location (heck, there are owners that don't know the differences between these rooms as that questions comes up quite a bit about the difference between a value and a standard room). In this case, the Value room, while smaller still has a pretty good chance of being in a better location (pool view/savannah view) than a standard studio though.

Just for the heck of it, I wanted to see if I could pinpoint what you were talking about though. It took awhile to find an AKV value studio available on the consumer site, that was in the same range as Rentals on that brokers site. I found one available on consumer site for August 6th and thankfully the rental broker has more than a few value studios around that date as well as Polynesian standard views. These were the numbers I found.

Disney Consumer Site AKL-Value = $464 pre-tax and $522 post tax
Rental Broker Rate for same room = $297 and $309 after adding processing fees (A rate cut of $213 or a 41% discount on Disney Rack Rate...with the broker selling for $33 a point in this instance).

Disney Consumer Site Polynesian Standard View = $698 pre-tax and $785 post tax
Rental Broker Rate for same room = $540 and $563 with processing fees (Rate cut of $222 or a 28% discount on Disney Rack Rate...with the broker selling for $27 a point in this instance).

Just to add some price comparisons from the consumer site as well to compare against the AKL-Value:

Pop Century - $241 ($68 price difference between AKL, which is a deluxe resort, with better pools, a bigger room and a chance at a Savannah View).
AOA Little Mermaid - $294 ($15 price difference)
Coronado Springs - $323 (AKL is cheaper by $14)
Port Orleans French Quarter - $345 (AKL is cheaper by $36).

If another broker wants to rate cut them, I guess they could, but their prices when you really look at them and compare them with rack rates, are way more than fair and already a pretty substantial discount. The fact they are pricing the value the same as a room like AOA Little Mermaid, says to me there isn't that much wiggle room to further undercut that price.
This makes sense to me. From the numbers you posted the akv value room gets $33 a point but the poly also is getting $27 a point. It makes sense to me that the akv value room would have premium but didn’t make sense it would go from $15-$20 for sap to $30-$40 for value room. I guess to me this just shows the real premium is around getting the confirmed reservations in studio at right dates more so than room category.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest