The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

Your odds are much higher getting a first floor room with standard and P/G.
We’ve been lucky enough not to be assigned 1st floor other than studio at CCV
If you could see the boat dock and it was not BW view, then it was pool/garden view, not standard
It was one of few times I booked GV/PV. We were upgraded once for a 2 night stay in same area from standard
They are one of the reasons I always request higher floor with boardwalk view (and have always gotten that request).
others discount it, we generally have good luck with touring plans, especially at BW

Do wish they’d refresh their charts. Those 2 studios you referenced are showing as bookable units

After discussing with the Mr and watching a video online as to the noise level from what appeared to be an upper studio balcony, decided to switch back to P/GV and hope for the quieter lawn/partial water view we did enjoy.

Thanks all for the help

From what you've posted, it sounds to me as though you would like the P/G view villas overlooking the leisure pool. (This would be a request, but one likely to be granted - like the request for end of hall for standard views).

These P/G 'leisure pool view' villas are convenient to the walkway to DHS (if you can use the stairs). IMO, you are more than halfway to DHS when you stay in this area, and are also closer to parking & the bus stop than the Boardwalk view rooms. IF you or your guests like to nap in the afternoons, these villas are MUCH quieter at that time than those overlooking the Luna Park pool. Some of them will have a view of the higher level fireworks from Fantasmic! And BONUS: No issues booking P/G villas at 11 months.

I'm considering adding a night to my upcoming trip in July and a garden/pool view studio has availability for the night I'm looking for. Does anyone know if all of those rooms have been refurbished yet, or will be by mid-July? I'm only interested in that room if I know I will get a murphy bed rather than a pull out couch.

decided to switch back to P/GV and hope for the quieter lawn/partial water view we did enjoy.
For that view, request view of Village Green, with second choice being view of leisure pool - as discussed above, both are quiet locations. (Unless you get the studio directly above the breezeway between Luna Park and the Boardwalk. DS had that studio once and said it was noisy at night due to pedestrian traffic through the breezeway.)

I'm considering adding a night to my upcoming trip in July and a garden/pool view studio has availability for the night I'm looking for. Does anyone know if all of those rooms have been refurbished yet, or will be by mid-July? I'm only interested in that room if I know I will get a murphy bed rather than a pull out couch.
Any room that is assigned at BW now is refurbished. The only non-refurbished ones are those currently being renovated. Regarding the Murphy bed: there have been reports of a few rooms at BW that did not get the Murphy bed because of supply. I am not sure if that has now been resolved.

All the available villas have been refurbished. Recent issues for guests were related to work on the exterior of the Crest o’ the Wave section of the Boardwalk view wing.

All the available villas have been refurbished. Recent issues for guests were related to work on the exterior of the Crest o’ the Wave section of the Boardwalk view wing.
So the rooms past x123 in the standard wing are finished now also? Wonderful!

Hello team BWV. We are trying our first stay at BWV after becoming (fairly new) members to this whole DVC thing :)

Excited for our trip in a few weeks. Trying to do a bit of recon on best practices for rope drop to HS. I'm guessing the safe bet is to just exit the Villas side and walk to HS for the most reliable time to the park (estimated about 12 or so min from a few videos I've watched if done at a somewhat brisk pace). Is the wiser choice to get a boat as long as you are early enough?

We used to be team sleep in, but we are starting to find the value of becoming team rope drop after our recent success at Disneyland Resort. Will also gladly accept any amazing must do things for a first time BWV visit. Definitely already have a reservation at Flying Fish for try #2. It was awesome on our last trip (flew in over from Riviera).

Hello team BWV. We are trying our first stay at BWV after becoming (fairly new) members to this whole DVC thing :)

Excited for our trip in a few weeks. Trying to do a bit of recon on best practices for rope drop to HS. I'm guessing the safe bet is to just exit the Villas side and walk to HS for the most reliable time to the park (estimated about 12 or so min from a few videos I've watched if done at a somewhat brisk pace). Is the wiser choice to get a boat as long as you are early enough?

We used to be team sleep in, but we are starting to find the value of becoming team rope drop after our recent success at Disneyland Resort. Will also gladly accept any amazing must do things for a first time BWV visit. Definitely already have a reservation at Flying Fish for try #2. It was awesome on our last trip (flew in over from Riviera).
Walking for rope drop at HS is the most time efficient way to go. Depending on where your room is located, you can take back stairs out to the walking path to make the walk even shorter.
You might want to try rope drop for Ratatouille one day also. The boat to Epcot is a tiny bit faster than walking if the boat happens to be at the dock and ready to go when you are leaving; otherwise that walk is very short.
Have a wonderful trip. Keep us posted if the you notice that the last hallway of standard view rooms is finally finished with refurbishment or if the Corn Dog stand opens or if you see anything hopeful happening at Cake Bake or the old Big River Grill venue. Hope you love BWV as much as I do!

Trying to do a bit of recon on best practices for rope drop to HS. I'm guessing the safe bet is to just exit the Villas side and walk to HS for the most reliable time to the park (estimated about 12 or so min from a few videos I've watched if done at a somewhat brisk pace). Is the wiser choice to get a boat as long as you are early enough?
I agree with Jean - walking to DHS is the fastest. Here's a map of BWV; Epcot is off to the upper right of the map, while DHS is on the lower left. You can see that walking to the BW boat dock would be going in the wrong direction for DHS, although you can walk over the bridge and catch the boat at the Swan/Dolphin dock (just off the upper left of the map) as an alternative. The S/D boat dock is especially convenient if you have a Boardwalk view villa, because you can exit via the door by the Croquet Lawn, and I think you can enter that way too with your room key/MB.

So again I agree with Jean - exit through the door at the lower left corner of the building, toward the tennis courts (you can walk through air-conditioned hallways to get there), and you'll be halfway to DHS already.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/BoardWalkMap.pdf

One of the main reasons we bought, and stay frequently at BWV, is ability to walk back and forth to HS and Epcot.
Walking for rope drop is GREAT. Lately, we've had rooms WAY at the ends of the halls on that HS side, so easy to access stairwell, and pretty much be right on that walking path in a minute, although stairs aren't as fun after a long day in the parks....but you have control over getting there.
We like to arrive at HS 30-45 mins before EE time, at least, and walking can take 15 mins, give or take a few mins, depending on everyone's pace. Usually in the morning, we're all extra peppy, and it's cooler, not so much in the blazing sun, 100 degrees, at noon, on the walk back.....There's a bathroom when you get close to HS, so that's a good convenience.
We do catch the boat to Epcot, if we walk out and see it waiting, it's quicker than walking, and there's a 'hill' on the way to Epcot that I just hate. (it's not a hill, really, or maybe a Florida hill...just an incline, but makes my knees hurt either way.)

June, 2022, my DD and her friend spent a lot of time in the rec room area, usually nobody else was in there, and they just played some of the games. Pools are all good. We dont' tend to eat anywhere at BWV, with Epcot being so close, food is lacking.
Have a great first stay!!!

Just got back yesterday, and I didn't see any signs of any sections being closed in the Boardwalk view area, or the preferreds across from them. The entire sections around the Luna pool were all being booked - could clearly see occupied rooms all the way around. The very end towards DHS still had some closed sections with std view rooms blocked off and the quiet pool rooms in the wing closest to DHS appeared to still be blocked. Cranes were still present around Crest, but weren't active any of the times I was walking past.

Corn dog stand still closed and no signs of any life around it the entire 5 days I was there. Cake Bake still looks about the same as the photos, though I would occasionally see 2-4 workers in there, not seeming to be doing a whole lot, but obviously working on something. Overall, not much interruption from construction or noise, not much blocked off - the resort felt fairly normal and open, and not like staying at a construction site.

I had Preferred 1-bedroom and had picked some specific room numbers in my request, and didn't get them. I ended up with a 5th floor room on the Luna pool - generally I avoid that view due to the pool noise, but on the 5th floor it was pretty quiet overall - you could hear the pool music or noise during the day just off in the background. I've been on the 2nd floor there and the noise was much louder.

Though it's been mentioned by many already, I'll just re-confirm and state: Had the murphy bed but not the second fold-out under the TV, the coffee maker was the dual pot/k-cup unit, had to bring your own square-bottom filters for the pot side.

Was very very hot - the upside was that crowds were extremely low - lowest I've seen in the parks since June 2019. MK in the afternoon on Saturday had standby times of less than 10 minutes for HM, Pirates, Peoplemover, and Jungle Cruise, Space Mountain was 30 min. At Epcot, big spaces around World Showcase with just 5-10 people strolling through, lots of elbow room, Soarin standby only 20 min., and I had no problems getting ressies at Space before the trip. Animal Kingdom similarly sparse - easy to walk around, most rides 10-15 min max waits on standby - the only things you waited in long lines for was any place serving frozen drinks or iced fountain drinks.

Big thanks to @Skywalker3 @CarolynFH @jekjones1558 for their tips and wisdom.

I have two 2BR rooms for us and some friends we are hosting and I asked MS to put us in this general area -

1718261126925.png

I know room requests aren't always 100% odds but I have hope. We will also have a stroller so we'll likely have to take the lift/elevator. Is the only one near O on the picture?

Also, where is the mug refill station at BW?

Only a few days to go. Getting excited!

Big thanks to @Skywalker3 @CarolynFH @jekjones1558 for their tips and wisdom.

I have two 2BR rooms for us and some friends we are hosting and I asked MS to put us in this general area -

View attachment 867871

I know room requests aren't always 100% odds but I have hope. We will also have a stroller so we'll likely have to take the lift/elevator. Is the only one near O on the picture?

What room category do you have?
The only elevators are near "O" in the graphic. Refill stations are at the main pool ("T") and at the Deli ("F"). You can also get coffee (no soft drinks) at Carousel Coffee in the lobby ("O").

View attachment 867871

Was there earlier this week and my room was 5th floor, facing the pool, roughly by the R on your map above. It was about 220 feet to the elevator. Ice machine/vending room was just 20 feet away which was great.

If you're without the stroller, such as needing something from the store, and don't mind going down stairs, there's a great staircase near the Q which you can take down to the boardwalk very close to the boats and store. From floor 2-3 I'll use the stairs down and up, but on the 5th floor I only use the stairs to go down - there's enough walking in the parks to not want to go UP 5 flights.

I have a one bedroom P/G view for 9 nights in October.
Do the one bedrooms overlook "Village Green" area?

Thank you.

I have a one bedroom P/G view for 9 nights in October.
Do the one bedrooms overlook "Village Green" area?

Thank you.
I believe there is one and is a dedicated (not lock off eligible).

Shannon Ford has a great YouTube video series that goes through the rooms at all of the deluxe resorts and villas.

facebook twitter