The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

There was definitely some misunderstanding or miscommunication. I have STAYED in the newly renovated 1-bedroom garden/pool view twice with the murphy bed...in two different locations, so I can verify for sure that there are garden/pool view with murphy beds - should be all of them.

Question for the BWV experts. We have a 1 bedroom villa garden/pool view booked for 6 nights in early September. I went on the MDE chat this evening to request a room with a Murphy bed, since I am reading that a few 1 bedrooms still have the sofa beds. I’ll be sleeping on the Murphy bed. I find the Murphy beds easier on my back. I have lower back issues. The cast member said she added the request, but that none of the rooms in this category have Murphy beds. Is the cast member misinformed or am I missing something?
Definitely misinformed. I believe the only room, that I saw, that did not have one was the model room on the 1st floor. We are big YouTube Disney video watchers, so I highly recommend looking up 1 bedroom villas at Boardwalk and you’ll see they have Murphy beds. Enjoy!

It looks like they just opened up a bunch of inventory for early June. I assume as the result of wrapping up some of the refurbs. Maybe this information helps someone who was moved!

Is it true that it’s common to see snakes on the walkway from BWV to Hollywood Studios?
Maybe, but I have never seen even one and we have ben visiting 1- 2 times per year at various times for more than 20 years. Almost all of those visits have been at BWV and we usually walk to and from DHS. Haven't seen any alligators, either, even though signs say they may be around. Someone else could have encountered one of them, though. I just don't think it's "common".

Is it true that it’s common to see snakes on the walkway from BWV to Hollywood Studios?
I've made that walk 1,000 times and never saw any but i did encounter a large (3, 3 &1/2 footer) black snake at the small BClub villa exit gate heading towards the IGateway....Glad i saw him 1st....

Being up at Disney fairly frequently, about 25-30 days a year, I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen snakes on property. Of course, it's Florida, so they're around - but snakes don't really like being caught out in the open so generally avoid being conspicuous - unless it's brutally cold out and they feel the only chance they have to survive is to lie out on some concrete or pavement...in those cases, they're lethargic and trying to warm up.

And though Florida does have 3-4 species of snake that are poisonous, they're rarely the ones seen - the vast majority of snakes you might see at Disney will be harmless - brown water snakes, banded water snakes, red-bellied snakes, corn snakes, racers, and glass or ribbon snakes. Most are small - the brown water snakes, corn snakes, and red-bellieds can get up over 3 feet, but again, those don't like being out in the open.

On the DHS/Boardwalk path, I've never run into a snake. I've seen them on the Fort Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge path, on the Saratoga Springs to Disney Springs path that runs through the woods (not the one that runs along the lake), and on the French Quarter to Riverside path. Note all of these are longer paths and not as heavily trafficked.

I've been a BWV owner for 22 years, I have never seen a snake on that path. I saw one in 2015 walking from the Poly studios to the TTC, but that is the only snake I have ever seen on property. He was quite small.

BoardWalk Villas Refurbishment Update - June 2024

Finishing touches are still being completed on the wholesale interior and exterior refurbishment which began in 2023 at Disney's BoardWalk Villas.

Disneys BoardWalk Villas Refurb 2024 June 3

Work was limited to daytime hours and the overall disruption was minimal. However, it was difficult to enjoy coffee on the balcony one morning. Even the room we occupied was still in need of some coats of exterior paint around the balcony door frame before the project could be considered complete.

Disneys BoardWalk Villas Refurb 2024 June 1

Work in this area prompted a closure to the Disney Vacation Club preview room. Nearby the former home to Big River Grille sits empty with no signs of a new tenant forthcoming.

Disneys BoardWalk Villas Refurb 2024 June 4

The last series of room interiors are being renovated, about a dozen villas on floors 1-4 in the wing closest to Disney's Hollywood Studios. On each floor, a door with signage similar to the above blocks guests from accessing the active construction area.

Click link for full story.

Finishing touches are still being completed on the wholesale interior and exterior refurbishment which began in 2023 at Disney's BoardWalk Villas.

Work was limited to daytime hours and the overall disruption was minimal. However, it was difficult to enjoy coffee on the balcony one morning. Even the room we occupied was still in need of some coats of exterior paint around the balcony door frame before the project could be considered complete.

Work in this area prompted a closure to the Disney Vacation Club preview room. Nearby the former home to Big River Grille sits empty with no signs of a new tenant forthcoming.

The last series of room interiors are being renovated, about a dozen villas on floors 1-4 in the wing closest to Disney's Hollywood Studios. On each floor, a door with signage similar to the above blocks guests from accessing the active construction area.

Thanks for the update. I am anxious to see the first photos of the x123 room renovations when this wing is finally done. I'm not sure where the Murphy bed could fit.

Any movement on Cake Bake?

I'll be there in 3 more days - had hopes the Corn Dog stand at least would be open...any sign that it might be opening in the next few days?

:o To ask this question, as BWV was our first purchase a long time ago. It’s admittedly, subjective; as to which studio to book, between G/P or BW view.

Recently, due to being shut out one too many times on the standard studios there, we recently added on and I’m now rather perplexed as to deciding which category.

I’m sitting on the boardwalk view but, when looking at room finder was a bit dismayed to see that they do have 1st floor unit(s). I just can’t, would be far too noisy and would hate to keep curtain shut due to passers by. Yes, I’m aware that’s a problem of my own making there, I’m sure others would love it.

In the past had a garden view over the lawn, could see the boat dock from standard studio. Really nice location. Not sure how many units of that type, in that particular section. Would be thrilled with one of them.

Also, didn’t find the main pool location particularly noisy in the evening the couple of times we did land there over the years. Nice to have a view of Swolfin statuary.

Never landed in the quiet pool area.

TBH, since we rent a car; always requested the standard studios located near end of the long hallway. Most don’t like it, so it’s often granted. The steps are good cardio lol. Like how it’s close to parking lot which adds up over the course of a trip.

Any thots?

:o To ask this question, as BWV was our first purchase a long time ago. It’s admittedly, subjective; as to which studio to book, between G/P or BW view.

Recently, due to being shut out one too many times on the standard studios there, we recently added on and I’m now rather perplexed as to deciding which category.

I’m sitting on the boardwalk view but, when looking at room finder was a bit dismayed to see that they do have 1st floor unit(s). I just can’t, would be far too noisy and would hate to keep curtain shut due to passers by. Yes, I’m aware that’s a problem of my own making there, I’m sure others would love it.

In the past had a garden view over the lawn, could see the boat dock from standard studio. Really nice location. Not sure how many units of that type, in that particular section. Would be thrilled with one of them.

Also, didn’t find the main pool location particularly noisy in the evening the couple of times we did land there over the years. Nice to have a view of Swolfin statuary.

TBH, since we rent a car; always requested the standard studios located near end of the long hallway. Most don’t like it, so it’s often granted. The steps are good cardio lol. Like how it’s close to parking lot which adds up over the course of a trip.

Any thots?
I try to save points with a standard view if I can get it. If I have to settle for a P/G view I sorta feel cheated spending the same points as a BW view. I wouldn’t like having a first floor room for privacy reasons, but the odds are so against it that I’m willing to gamble and book a BW view. Your odds are much higher getting a first floor room with standard and P/G.

Any thots?
If you could see the boat dock and it was not BW view, then it was pool/garden view, not standard. That whole section of rooms overlooking Village Green is pool/garden studios, floors 2, 3, 4, and 5. They also are close to the elevators. Some of the standard view rooms along the driveway entrance have a view of high fireworks at Epcot and, as you mentioned, there is that door at the end of the standard view wing that is close to the parking lot and the bus stop.
I really think all of the studios at BW are nice for different reasons. The standards are such a bargain and so hard to get, even at 11 months, so isn’t it good to know that the other studio options are great.

Any thots?
For boardwalk view, there is one 2BR lock-off and one dedicated 1BR on the first floor, next to the DVC preview center on the first floor of the Crest o' the Wave section of the boardwalk view rooms. There are no other boardwalk view rooms on the first floor. Those rooms were actually part of the preview center, as the rooms to be viewed by potential buyers, before BWV reached sell-out stage. They are one of the reasons I always request higher floor with boardwalk view (and have always gotten that request).

New DISboards Posts

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest