The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

Congratulations!! I cobbled together a stay over MDW this year between waitlisting and stalking, and it was our first stay at BWV. We loved it and I'm sure you will too!

Honestly I was in complete shock that the waitlist came through! It was a 6-night waitlist 🥳 The bonus is that I'm treating my best friend of over 25 years to this trip. She hasn't been to Disney since before Animal Kingdom Park opened!

Our home resort was AKL and I was honestly worried sick about her sleeping on the pull-out couch mattress at Jambo. The icing on the cake is that both of us are originally from New Jersey, and in college we used to do shore trips together. Neither of us live in NJ now, so it's extra special to stay at an (arguably) Jersey Shore themed resort.

The park she's most excited about visiting is EPCOT so I'm over the moon about this!

Honestly I was in complete shock that the waitlist came through! It was a 6-night waitlist 🥳 The bonus is that I'm treating my best friend of over 25 years to this trip. She hasn't been to Disney since before Animal Kingdom Park opened!

Our home resort was AKL and I was honestly worried sick about her sleeping on the pull-out couch mattress at Jambo. The icing on the cake is that both of us are originally from New Jersey, and in college we used to do shore trips together. Neither of us live in NJ now, so it's extra special to stay at an (arguably) Jersey Shore themed resort.

The park she's most excited about visiting is EPCOT so I'm over the moon about this!
I love your excitement! We booked a 1 bedroom for next March and we are super excited too - first time staying in the Epcot area. We also were specifically looking for a murphy bed option and I am thrilled to be able to check out BWV. 💙

a 6 night waitlist is an AMAZING score!!! you all will have an amazing trip!!! The Murphy beds are so comfortable, in my opinion. World of difference compared to the pull-out couch mattresses.

a 6 night waitlist is an AMAZING score!!! you all will have an amazing trip!!! The Murphy beds are so comfortable, in my opinion. World of difference compared to the pull-out couch mattresses.
My poor husband is patiently enduring my yammering about what incredibly good luck we have and how amazing this vacation is going to be. He's lovely and has not complained at all--I can just hear myself chattering about it non-stop from excitement.

I usually book our DVC vacations so he doesn't have a clear idea of how difficult it is to get BWV at the 7 month mark for the late Nov/early Dec timeframe. I was legitimately resigned to the idea that we'd likely only get to stay at BWV for maybe 2-3 nights as part of a split stay. I feels like I've won the lottery!

Looking so forward to checking in, about 29 hours from now. Should get to Boardwalk around 3pm - check in - if the room's available, I'll head right up, unpack, go to the store for some food supplies, head down to the Boardwalk and maybe grab a corn dog as I won't have had breakfast or lunch...just need something to hold me off until dinner around 8:30pm. My friend is driving down from N Georgia and she should probably be arriving around 6-6:30pm, then we're off to Disney Springs for dinner at Raglan Road, a little late night wandering around the Springs afterwards, then settle in.

It's been 3 months since I've been at Boardwalk, and that almost feels too long. I'll be there again in December, but then in February I'm booked at the new Ft. Wilderness Cabins - plus I haven't booked June/july yet, but may end up at Wilderness Lodge, Cabins, or Saratoga, so I may not get back to Boardwalk until next September after that. Maybe Cake Bake will be open by then!

Same! We are there at the end of April/early May.
My understanding is it was projected to open by the end of this year (edit: website says "winter 2024")...but obviously before that it was supposed to open by the end of 2023 so...🌈who knows!🌈

Well there's definitely work going on at Cake Bake. Several lift buckets with 4+ workers visible, on the exterior. Noises in the interior. It does look a little farther along than the last time I saw it in June.

And I had a dragon dog at Blue Ribbon - very tasty indeed - the dog itself is nicely prepared and cooked, definitely tastes hand-battered and fresh compared to run-of-the-mill corn dogs in the parks - the panko made it nice and crispy, and the two sauces were both very good.

I'm sitting in Belle Vue Lounge now, just waiting for my room to be ready - so figured I'd pop on and give a few updates since I just came from a quick bite and walk down the Boardwalk.

Well there's definitely work going on at Cake Bake. Several lift buckets with 4+ workers visible, on the exterior. Noises in the interior. It does look a little farther along than the last time I saw it in June.

And I had a dragon dog at Blue Ribbon - very tasty indeed - the dog itself is nicely prepared and cooked, definitely tastes hand-battered and fresh compared to run-of-the-mill corn dogs in the parks - the panko made it nice and crispy, and the two sauces were both very good.

I'm sitting in Belle Vue Lounge now, just waiting for my room to be ready - so figured I'd pop on and give a few updates since I just came from a quick bite and walk down the Boardwalk.
Appreciate the on the ground report!

The Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s Boardwalk Nearing Completion

Construction of The Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s Boardwalk is finally nearing completion. Crews have been installing lighting fixtures, signs, and other details.

Construction site enclosed by white panels with signs for The Cake Bake Shop that say Coming Soon. The area is located along a boardwalk with some people walking by.

In March 2024, we reported that The Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s Boardwalk started hiring for multiple positions. In May, the golden “The Cake Bake” signs were installed above the entrances. In our previous construction update, more roofing and walls were completed.

On our latest visit, we noticed that lighting fixtures were installed and had power, twinkly lights surrounding The Cake Bake Shop wordmark on the main entrance signs, and more details.

On the first floor, large lighting fixtures are affixed to the exterior walls in between the windows. The lights look like oversized lanterns.

A boardwalk with construction walls featuring artwork and signage. Several people walk along the boardwalk in front of large, colonial-style buildings under a cloudy sky.
The plastic that was protecting the signs has now been removed, revealing the bright gold letters and filigree. There have also been five white lights installed at each entrance point above the signs.

A white building with an ornate gold sign reading The Cake Bake Shop and another sign below it reading Restaurant. Four light fixtures are mounted above the top sign.

Here is a closer look at the restaurant entrance sign. Other than a few spots of spackle on the facade, the exterior has been painted entirely white. Around the The Cake Bake Shop sign are tiny holes housing twinkling lights. Earlier, we saw crews testing these lights. This certainly adds a whimsical touch to the otherwise flat design.

A white, two-story building with a sign that reads Cake Bake Shop is under construction, surrounded by a white fence with images of desserts and a smiling woman.

It does appear that the roofing has been completed. Our reporter noted being able to see lights on inside the restaurant. We also have been told that there are already lockers in place for future employees backstage.

A restaurant called Cake Bake with white fencing around the entryway and promotional images of desserts and people displayed on the temporary barriers. The building behind is large and white with multiple windows.

There are small white speakers installed just below the overhang. These speakers will likely play ambient music like most of the other spots on Disney’s BoardWalk.

A building with a section under construction, surrounded by trees and a paved walkway. Several people are walking nearby, and the sky is cloudy.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest