• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

THe GREATEST SHOWMAN - movie

mmouse37

DCL Diva!!
Anyone see this? I saw it last week and my DD wanted to go see it so I went with her again today. I liked it even more the second time. Such great songs. The whole cast was great.

MJ

I saw it. I enjoyed it, but it wasn’t my favorite. I thought the plot was a little weak. Not a bad plot, but it didn’t feel fully fleshed out. I felt it was more of a cliff notes versions of a plot. I think I just needed to have been more invested in the characters. For some reason, I just couldn’t really get behind routing for any of them. Maybe the young lovers, but even that subplot felt like an afterthought to me.

I did enjoy the music, if a bit repetitive, and there was some very nice film choreography as well that I enjoyed. Costumes, makeup, sets, were all wonderful.

My Dd was it and loved it. She wants to see it again and thinks I need to see it.

There’s 6 movies out right now that I want to watch. This being one of them. Actually one of the top ones. Last month didn’t have a good month for movies only watched 2 movies. Was on vacation for 2 weeks. I will be tearing up movie pass this month.

We loved it! After the disappointment of La La Land, I was ready to be letdown but was pleasantly surprised. I rarely go the movie theater but am glad I saw this one on the big screen.

My son and I went to see it for our traditional Christmas day movie. I was really torn because there were a number I wanted to see but a singing and dancing Hugh Jackman won. We enjoyed it. I knew it had gotten some pretty bad reviews but everyone like him so I wasn't sure before we went. I read some reviews that said it was horrible because it gloried Barnum, who wasn't a very nice man. It's entertainment not a biography.

We loved it! After the disappointment of La La Land, I was ready to be letdown but was pleasantly surprised. I rarely go the movie theater but am glad I saw this one on the big screen.

La la land previews looked very bad.

Saw it yesterday an I loved it not sure why it got bad reviews. The music an dancing were great an I enjoyed the plot I felt like it was well balanced

I was very happily surprised by Zach Efron and Zendaya......I think they both put in wonderful performances and I was never really a Zach fan and knew very little of Zendaya .

I also was shocked to find out that the Jenny Lind character who is played by Rebecca Ferguson did not sing "Never Enough" but a contestant who was kicked off the Voice Season 3 did. Her name is Loren Allred and she was fabulous.

People clapped at the end of the movie which I have not heard in quite awhile. I think Beauty and the Beast was the last movie I heard people clap.

La La Land while OK was nowhere near as entertaining to me as this movie.

MJ

DD and I saw it. She liked it, didn't love it. I really really really liked it. I will buy it when it comes out. I actually prefer it to LaLa Land, it was much happier.

I saw it this weekend with DD18. We liked it. I am not a huge musical movie fan, but it was entertaining. I especially liked the chorus singing and dancing. There were only five other people in the theater, so no one applauded, but I really wanted to.

DD17 just came home from seeing it. According to her, meh. She felt the same about LaLa Land.

Loved this movie, as did my husband, teen daughter, and tween sons. A rare feat indeed, as we have different tastes. My daughter bought the soundtrack and my husband downloaded it onto his phone, as well, and has been playing it a lot. Beautiful choreography, great music, and fun (if historically inaccurate) story.

I loved it!! Saw it with friends yesterday, and went with my husband today. It's one of my favorite movies from this year. The choreography and musicality was fabulous!

Saw it with DH today and we both loved it. There was applause and cheering at the end by the audience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter