The good news is...

mbb

<font color=green>Wishin' & Clappin' & always Beli
-that although my mom was in a car accident last week, and broke her neck,-she's home, wearing a collar/brace, and will be until March or so...:( But she's walking, and it could have been lots worse...

Funny how some things turn out to be blessings in disguise...she has arthritis so badly in her back, it prevented the vertebrae from breaking on both sides, and sustained a "stable fracture"...so no need for surgery either:)

So we need some advice regarding our trip in January...:)

We'll be taking her wheelchair anyway, and obviously, riding Buzz may still be out...lots of rest, and time by the pool/spa...any other tips or things we should know?

Her neurosurgeon said she doesn't have to cancel anything - yet...keep your fingers crossed that all will remain OK::yes::

:sunny:

Sorry about the accident but glad to hear your Mother is doing okay. PD for your trip.

I don't have time for a long post, but wanted to send some pixie dust (who knew that arthritis was good??).

Anyway, there are still lots of things she can ride. The park maps have a red triangle icon by the rides with warnings.
You can also check in the disABILTITIES FAQs thread. There is a link to the official Disney Disability pages/Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities. They don't have a lot of detail, but do have info about which rides are gentle vs the rough ones.

MBB, what a blessing in disguise! I am glad to read your mother is doing ok under the circumstances. Plan on a relaxing vacation rather than a go, go, go vacation. Take in the sights & sounds of the world around you.

Thanks all, for the p&pd:)

We're planning on doing just as you suggested, JudithM...although, gotta admit, "commando touring" has *never* been our style...we're on VACATION!!::yes::

Mom is just happy that she can still go...and get to see her other grandchildren dance down MainStreet for the first time...it's all good:)

mbb said:
Thanks all, for the p&pd:)

We're planning on doing just as you suggested, JudithM...although, gotta admit, "commando touring" has *never* been our style...we're on VACATION!!::yes::

Mom is just happy that she can still go...and get to see her other grandchildren dance down MainStreet for the first time...it's all good:)

I suspect that watching those grandchildren at the MK will be good medicine for Grandma!

Also, I see you are staying at OKW. Be sure there is something in your reservation that says you need a first floor room or elevator building for medical reasons. I have that request in my reservations for a few years now & have not had any problems.

Thanks for the reminder!!
I'm off to call MS right now, and add that to our room requests.
Thanks again, Judith!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter