The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

Can I add Genie each morning for specific parks? Or do I have to add it ahead of time?
You can add Genie+ on a day by day basis. You don't pick a specific park. Either you book it for a specific day, or not. You need a park reservation to any of the 4 parks in order to book. If you have park hopper tickets, you can book rides in any park after 2pm. You just need to tap into your first park before you can park hop.

Curious if people think HS EE or Epcot morning EE/HS evening stack will work better during busy spring break week. I was planning on HS morning, but leaning toward flipping it and doing EPCOT morning/HS evening with stacked passes based on posts above. Curious if HS waits drop in the evening as park close approaches? I’m worried that if we do HS in the am, standby lines will start high because it’s a busy week and we may be better off with our passes in the evening- we may not get a lot done either way, but trying to plan.

I apologize if this question has been answered elsewhere.

Does the limit of 2 ILL per day apply if you are park hopping? For example can I buy an ILL at Epcot for the morning and two ILL at HS for afternoon?

I apologize if this question has been answered elsewhere.

Does the limit of 2 ILL per day apply if you are park hopping? For example can I buy an ILL at Epcot for the morning and two ILL at HS for afternoon?
Only 2 ILL can be purchased per day, regardless of parks. You could book 1 in Epcot and 1 in HS, that's all.

Apologies if this isn't the right thread but it is a strategy question.

What would be the best strategy for HS in the morning if you are NOT staying on site and can't book ILL until 9? I'm trying to decide which LL to grab at 7, and once I get in the park where we should head to first. The caveat is that my party doesn't think they will make it much past 5-6 so I think we may have to wait in the RoTR line (since most of the return times will be after that), but should we wait for Rise at Rope drop (9am), or is the better strategy to hit up ToT and RnRC?

You are eligible for LL 3 when you double-tap into LL 2 at 10am. It doesn't matter when you use LL 1. LL 1 has no relevance to eligibility any more.

(Minor quibble with your example.: :)
You are unlikely to have LL 2 for 10am time because even if the park opened at 8am, your booking time for second LL would at 10am, and the LL time is not likely to be immediate.)
Thanks!

Quick question: I have read that people missed out on booked a LL or G+ at 7am, but more dropped later and they were able to book then. Is there a system (timing) to the dropping? I used to know the exact moment that more FP+ would drop for specific rides, so wondering if it's anything similar?

Quick question: I have read that people missed out on booked a LL or G+ at 7am, but more dropped later and they were able to book then. Is there a system (timing) to the dropping? I used to know the exact moment that more FP+ would drop for specific rides, so wondering if it's anything similar?

The 7:10-7:15 am time range. My theory is that 7am bookings are held for 10 minutes until the booking is completed, and some of them don't get completed (for whatever reason).

What would be the best strategy for HS in the morning if you are NOT staying on site and can't book ILL until 9? I'm trying to decide which LL to grab at 7, and once I get in the park where we should head to first. The caveat is that my party doesn't think they will make it much past 5-6 so I think we may have to wait in the RoTR line (since most of the return times will be after that), but should we wait for Rise at Rope drop (9am), or is the better strategy to hit up ToT and RnRC?

I would do ToT and RnRC first to have minimal waits for them.

The RoTR wait is going to be bad whenever you do it.

Staying offsite, you will almost 100% not be getting an individual lightning lane pass for RotR, but you probably could for MMRR.

RotR is really difficult to plan for in advance though as it's unpredictable when it'll be working or down. But if you're wanting to do mfsr as well, id book that pass first at 7am, then do RotR either before or after that ride.

If I’m on at 7 am for a ROTR ILL how likely am I to get a time before 1 pm?

On our first full day I have us RDing DHS and hopping to AK after a midday break. I am thinking of swapping that out and doing DHS in the PM because I’m seeing how fast ROTR goes. We have another day where we do AK then DHS So I would just swap the two days. We have another afternoon and evening at DHS but my DD is going to be itching to hit GE first since we’ve never been.

Last edited:
If I’m on at 7 am for a ROTR ILL how likely am I to get a time before 1 pm?

On our first full day I have us RDing DHS and hopping to AK after a midday break. I am thinking of swapping that out and doing DHS in the PM because I’m seeing how fast ROTR goes. We have another day where we do AK then DHS So I would just swap the two days. We have another afternoon and evening at DHS but my DD is going to be itching to hit GE first since we’ve never been.

Pin ROTR to the top of your Tip Board.

When you see the time change from 6:59 to 7:00, click Individual LIghtning Lane Purchase, then click again on whatever time it shows, and then you will be asked to pay (be sure to note what time it says now because it will be probably be later than the time that showed previously). I think it will hold that time for you until you complete your payment.

I think your odds of getting a time before 1pm will probably be about 50/50. Depends on how busy a day it is. I think your odds of getting any time at all will be very good.

At 7am should I buy RotR or get LL for Slinky, does anyone know the best strategy?

Definitely SDD first. If you do RotR first, SDD will then be gone (although it could reappear between 7:10 and 7:15, so you might hold off on making any other G+ selection until you feel sure that SDD is all gone).

If you can have two (or more) people doing this (one doing SDD, while other does RotR at the same time), that is the best plan.

Question on this strategy. On our HS day, we’ll be blocked off from 6-8 pm for ADRs and such. So can we replicate a stack earlier, maybe 3-6? Or is this really only successful because it’s the end of the day?
Looking at when things ran out, I don’t think this strategy would work during a 3-6 time frame. Maybe if there were super low crowds that day? Every time the next 120 minutes passed, the next ride we chose to book was definitely past 6pm for the offered return window.

Looking at when things ran out, I don’t think this strategy would work during a 3-6 time frame. Maybe if there were super low crowds that day? Every time the next 120 minutes passed, the next ride we chose to book was definitely past 6pm for the offered return window.
Oh darn that stinks. So hmm maybe the 7 am drop plus early entry will be our best bet to get things done. Then hope for the best next available G+??

So does the last genie+ pass book 8-8:45 pm (like fast pass used to?). So no grace period after that?

We had Splash booked 7:45-8:45 and were able to get on few seconds before it turned 9; but didn’t have anything booked after that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter