The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

We did it this morning! We are staying at The Villas (Discovery Tower). Got to security a little after 6:30am and were about 15-20 people back. Security told us the old entrance by the sorcerer’s hat will be for hotel guests only when it’s finished. We were 2nd in our line (4 lines open) and were through in 5 minutes or less. We are in line again to go back after a break and the line is longer and slower. It’s been about 10 minutes and we have 4 more people in front of us. When we left around 5pm the line was super long. Hope that helps!
This is super helpful! Thank you! We are planning my in being in line by about 6:35 this weekend so hopefully that is early enough! Did they happen to mention when the Disneyland hotel only entrance would be open? Seems like the could have just kept that one the way it was for hotel guests

This is super helpful! Thank you! We are planning my in being in line by about 6:35 this weekend so hopefully that is early enough! Did they happen to mention when the Disneyland hotel only entrance would be open? Seems like the could have just kept that one the way it was for hotel guests
From one of the YouTubers i follow, it sounded like they are redoing the sidewalk in that area to match the rest of the new area coming in. He did indicate it looked like they were moving fast in that area and there were some new planters installed…so fingers crossed it’s sooner than later.

We did it this morning! We are staying at The Villas (Discovery Tower). Got to security a little after 6:30am and were about 15-20 people back. Security told us the old entrance by the sorcerer’s hat will be for hotel guests only when it’s finished. We were 2nd in our line (4 lines open) and were through in 5 minutes or less. We are in line again to go back after a break and the line is longer and slower. It’s been about 10 minutes and we have 4 more people in front of us. When we left around 5pm the line was super long. Hope that helps!
That works for us as we are early risers anyways. Will make sure to be in line by 630ish.

Got to security a little after 6:30am and were about 15-20 people back. Security told us the old entrance by the sorcerer’s hat will be for hotel guests only when it’s finished. We were 2nd in our line (4 lines open) and were through in 5 minutes or less.
If you went directly to the gate from there, how were the lines by the time you got to the gate?

The family in front of us said that they would be back in December and he said “oh definitely by then”. That’s all I heard of that 😂. The new security entrance will be for the people parking in the Simba lot and it sounds like Pixar Place guests.

If you went directly to the gate from there, how were the lines by the time you got to the gate?
We were the 2nd family at the far left gate at DL. GCH guests were just starting to go through when we passed their entrance and Harbor just opened when we got there. EE was at DCA this morning but we opted to start at DL since this was my step-daughter’s first trip and we wanted to start her with the Main Street view!

We stayed in DH a few weeks ago. We were in Frontier tower, and that was pretty close to the new security station. When I went to DL on a non-early entry day, I left the hotel about 45 minutes before rope drop. The line was pretty long, but I got through security, walked through DD, got to the gate and stood in a very short line, made an unscheduled stop at Starbucks and got to the castle for rope drop with a few minutes to spare. I was by myself, so that probably accounted for an easier time.

I have nothing to compare it to, but it seemed like a pretty streamlined process.

Would you rather stay in a Villa Studio at DLH or in a regular room at GCH? The rooms at VDLH look so new and bright, but GCH seems to be so much more convenient. What are your thoughts?

I think it would depend on your party. Our last trip we had friends who were staying in DLH Villa so we got to check it out. The tower was certainly new, bright and definitely had a wow factor to include the room but our friends felt that the studio room was very small compared to regular DLH rooms it it certainly seemed small to us.

You certainly can’t beat the GCH location and with the current discount it seems like GCH rooms are not much more than a DLH Villa depending on room type at GCH.

Would you rather stay in a Villa Studio at DLH or in a regular room at GCH? The rooms at VDLH look so new and bright, but GCH seems to be so much more convenient. What are your thoughts?
That's a tough one. We stayed in a 1 bedroom Villa in January and loved it. I am a big fan of their color scheme. It felt very vibrant and energetic.

I am not sure if things have changed recently, but I wasn't a fan of how we had to access the Discovery tower. On the map, it appeared that we could cut through next to the convention center area, but it was blocked off, so we had to use the somewhat congested walkways to get to our tower. Not a huge deal, but it got old after a while. They were having some sort of finance convention when we were there and there were always groups of people walking near Trader Sam's we had to navigate through.

I think it boils down to whether you want the more Craftsman lodge like experience, or the bright fun colors at VDH. GCH feels a bit more luxurious and resort like overall, and I do love having a balcony (unless you are in a garden studio villa, VDH won't have an in-room balcony). For those reasons, I think the slight edge goes to GCH. But really, both are wonderful and you can't go wrong with either choice.

That's such a tough choice. Those new villas look so nice and are SO tempting. But the convenience of GCH is amazing it has a very nice resort feel. We've stayed at DLH a few times and I love it but after GCH we'll probably stay there in future.

Thank you @OneThree, @Pluto468 and @StarlitNight05 for your input.

I also feel that it is a tough decision, just read some reviews and I think we will be more happy with GCH. I already thought about a DTD view before at GCH, maybe that is what we should book now rather than overthinking :-)
I just mentioned this to someone yesterday on another thread, and forgive me if it was you!, but I like to let people know that booking a DTD view at GCH generally means the longest walks in the hotel. It doesn't seem so bad on paper, but we did that when our kids were little and it felt like a VERY long trek from DTD to our room. Just a friendly FYI!

Not sure this question belongs in this thread, but here goes:

Anyone know what the hours are for the DLH parking lot? I've tried looking online but am not seeing it, and don't really feel like calling them again. My family and I will be visiting the parks on July 2 and staying at DLH that night. I confirmed with them yesterday that we are eligible for Early Entry on July 2, but I need to check in at the hotel first.

The Cast Member on the phone mentioned that the parking lot opens at 7 am... but that's just the standard lots right? In order to check in and get to the parks in order to take advantage of EE, I imagine we will need to arrive earlier than 7 am?

I just mentioned this to someone yesterday on another thread, and forgive me if it was you!, but I like to let people know that booking a DTD view at GCH generally means the longest walks in the hotel. It doesn't seem so bad on paper, but we did that when our kids were little and it felt like a VERY long trek from DTD to our room. Just a friendly FYI!

Yes, it was my question about the DTD view you replied to! ;-)

I looked at that hotel map and the walk to/from a room in the wing that is closer to the tram loading looks indeed very long. But I will prefer this to the walk to the VDLH. I am now very excited about my decision for GCH

Not sure this question belongs in this thread, but here goes:

Anyone know what the hours are for the DLH parking lot? I've tried looking online but am not seeing it, and don't really feel like calling them again. My family and I will be visiting the parks on July 2 and staying at DLH that night. I confirmed with them yesterday that we are eligible for Early Entry on July 2, but I need to check in at the hotel first.

The Cast Member on the phone mentioned that the parking lot opens at 7 am... but that's just the standard lots right? In order to check in and get to the parks in order to take advantage of EE, I imagine we will need to arrive earlier than 7 am?
The hotel parking lot is always open.

If anyone is going anytime in July, can you let us know if you see both slides open at the pool? The big slide is supposed to reopen "this summer." We'll be there August 1-7 and hoping it'll be open.

I watched a video recently of someone who was staying at the villas at GCH and I was absolutely shocked at how run down the room was particularly given how expensive it is to stay there. There were chips off the table and chairs and dresser and the whole thing looked years old. I opted for the villas at the DH because they are so much brighter and new and I do love the new layout of a pull down bed to give you more room during the daytime (we always go back to our room for an afternoon break). I know the GCH villas are getting a make over soon which seems desperately needed but until that is done it is DH Villas for me even if I have to walk further to the parks.

I had this same dilemma and ultimately decided to book a standard view room at GCH over the villa at DLH. We go in August and I’m so excited about the decision we made!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter