The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

yeah that areas around I70 and I83 interchanges always have heavy traffic, most of that route is usually fine the rest of the way.

I am not sure what your departure south looks like, though would say could try to join our happy little caravan. I am planning it out with @MrsPAHunter meeting me at my house off US15 and then heading south for a stop in NC for the night, then Savannah or St. Mary's day 2, and FW day 3.

Someone told me to take 50/301 through delaware then get back on 85 later. I will look at that. He said the west 695 is a mess without the new traffic. Thats about how my plan is also. NC them st marries and finally disney. We are going in early for halloween. I think you two are leaving later.

Mom update. No pulmonary embolism so that is good. Had moderate right side plueral effusion. Decided to do a thorocentisis. Not sure how much fluid was drained yet, but recent chest X-ray shows tiny pneumothorax. I have no idea on discharge date or where to yet. They were talking about an independent rehab unit verses skilled nursing. With the new onset pneumothorax it might be a couple days.

I am tired.

Someone told me to take 50/301 through delaware then get back on 85 later. I will look at that. He said the west 695 is a mess without the new traffic. Thats about how my plan is also. NC them st marries and finally disney. We are going in early for halloween. I think you two are leaving later.
50/301 all the way to Richmond might be a choice, then connect to I295 and head south. Right now plan on staying away from I95 through Richmond, they are doing a lot of overpass/bridge work and have warned everyone to detours and lane closures through Fall 2024 possibly longer with delays.

Just had to share this picture of my father, he passed away last month. I dont think I mentioned it. I do remember saying that being in an assisted living facility was one on the best things that heppened to him, and I will say that again. He was so much better the last few years after being in a place with people and that he could interact with. He is why both me and my brother became firefigters. He was 89 years old and didnt suffer. I just figured it was a cool picture that is kinda of inspiring. Its the iconic hero shot. But this was a real life situation.it inspired me, and maybe will for others. Live your life give it your all. Live for today and neverforget the people that inspire you.
IMG_20240215_214340.jpg

Kris,

I hope your mom continues to improve.

As FYI here in Alabama, 80F this afternoon and finally had to flip the AC on.

Good thing I have an averaged (in arrears) power bill plan that keeps payments level 6 months at a time but with slight increases (of course) twice a year.

ED

Kris,

I hope your mom continues to improve.

As FYI here in Alabama, 80F this afternoon and finally had to flip the AC on.

Good thing I have an averaged (in arrears) power bill plan that keeps payments level 6 months at a time but with slight increases (of course) twice a year.

ED
We still have the heat on up here Ed! I love the one month without AC or Heat that we atually save a few $$$.

We still have the heat on up here Ed! I love the one month without AC or Heat that we atually save a few $$$.

Dude, that was this past March for us ("one month without AC or Heat that we atually save a few $$$").

So we understand.

But Spring Football games are in 2 weeks. :banana:

Ed

PS - and we are preparing to plant the garden in mere days.

Day 78 of the 90 day trip, margaritaville, fort wilderness, santa rosa rv resort, Montgomery south rv park and now racoon mountain and caverns in Tennessee, so far loving it, the new bus is great, only had to take gizmo to the vet twice. He is doing better!
Pulled into the home address today, dogs went crazy, they did great for living in the bus for 90 days, we had a great time, fun stuff, already booked margaritaville for 30, the fort for 30 and sugarloaf key for 30, this snowbird thing is pretty great, home today is pretty cool, 49 dropping to 35, I miss Florida

A little more bedroom remodel this weekend. We had great weather this weekend. 80s, no rain. Saturday was working in the yard. Today was pulling out more plaster and lathe. No big rush as the trash cans will only hold so much plaster.

20240331_125009.jpg

No hidden finds this weekend. I'll be insulating the outside wall after I add an electrical outlet and a plate for an HDMI connection.

j

Yes, for us usually one month here in VA. April and then Mid September through early October. Windows open, use the propane fireplace if the main level gets too chilly in the AM. Otherwise, 95% of the time the heatpumps are set to heat or AC.

Back from the Easter weekend WDCR SCCA hosted US Majors. Seems someone up at national was not looking at the calendar when they set the overall plan for this year and the next 10 years since they proposed this weekend in all of them. I think its clearly going to need to move as staffing in all specialties and car counts where really low. Even the track had some staffing issues due to the holiday weekend and a call outs delayed us as we waited for a medic to arrive to have at least one ALS in operation.

That said I watched some good races in multiple classes and thankfully only had a couple of incidents and very little carnage. As the EV Chief for the weekend that was nice as we where short staffed too and less incidents means less potential for paperwork later.

Not much planned for camping right now at least through July. So much going on with our HS senior and our younger DD gymnastics meets its pretty much booked up other then the few times I will make it to the track. I am still trying to find something for the summer. At least one last trip out before we all go back into school/work modes in August.

PS - and we are preparing to plant the garden in mere days.

I'm using a straw bale method of gardening this summer and went to Home Depot to get various tomato and pepper plants plus some herb plants.

There is a technique to "seasoning" the straw bales to receive plants which I will probably finish later this week and plant the seedlings late this week or over the weekend.

I also set out the cages (me and the previous homeowner) had here at the house and I have enough.

1712011880476.jpeg

Thing is, my driveway is laid out straight east-west and gets the most sun during the summer months. Since my neighborhood is so old and lots rather small, the back yard is blocked by the house (morning sun) and trees in the rear (afternoon sun).

Which simply means I may have to put my thumb slightly on the scale when putting out the Miracle Grow. :rolleyes:

I went out and got plants this morning but they were already somewhat picked over since we had such a warm, beautiful Easter weekend.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter