The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im so glad theres so many around chatting tonight !
We got some bad news about an "aunt" of mine today.
Shes my grandmother's cousin and is one of the ladies helping me on my job search. We just found out she has cancer and the doctor gave her 2 weeks..so please keep aunt lois in your prayers or good thoughts if you can

done, Jen

:wizard: :wizard: It must have been the day for cancer diagnosis. One of my mother's employees was diagnosed with Leukemia today. They will run a more conclusive test tomorrow. We're not sure how long they're giving her yet. She has lived a long healthy life to this point and she is 80 years old. I'm sure she never expected that diagnosis at her age.

so sad in any event. :(

That's cool, I knew the Haunted Mansion was closing for renovation but that was the first I saw of that sign.

The really neat thing about them doing the sign like that is before the Haunted Mansion opened they had a sign up for a while about how they were out and about collecting haunts and taking applications to fill the Haunted Mansion. It was at DL but the building for the Haunted Mansion was built and sat vacant several years before it was opened and the sign was up for a long time.

The one sign looked like this
almost_sold_out_300dpi.gif

That is very cool, Becky! I liked the renovation sign that Jen posted too. Very ingenious, I think.

I am glad it will be open when we are there in October. My girls and I are already in denial that Spaceship Earth will still be closed when we go. It is our ritual to start our trips with a ride on that attraction. I am holding out hope that either they will have the renovations completed before November 2, or that they might be in soft openings by mid to late October.

4.gif

TERRY & HAL

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

38 years and still countin!!!!

I'm an offical scraplifter now!!!

and I am stealin' it right from you, Stephanie! HAVE A HAPPY DAY, TERRY & HAL! Congrats!! :love:

I have a burning question and I knew that the place to come looking for the answer was here...

I love the look of acrylic nails, but have no need or time to have them done. Does anyone know if there is a way to get that soft, semi-transparent look without having the nail tips done? Is there a special polish that they use? I have very strong nails and have to keep them fairly short because I am playing the piano 8+ hours a day. I would love to be able to replicate that look at home. Any answers for me, DDA beauty mavens??? :goodvibes

Morning DDA!

Elin - No idea...I'm lucky I even have nails! And they are starting to annoy the heck out of me because they are getting too long and I'm starting to have a hard time getting my contacts out.

Jen - :grouphug: for Aunt Lois and both families.

Terry - Happy Anniversary!

I know I'm forgetting some people - but I'm still thinking about all of you!

Good morning, DDA!

Robyn - I hope you got some sleep! If Molly is naughty today just send her over to me and she can duke it out with Brother!:rotfl2:

Janet - I think the first dress would be really pretty with some sort of wrap. Or maybe the shop can suggest something similar with a little bit of a sleeve?

Vicki - Good to see you posting! I hope all continues to go well at work!

Jen - Good thoughts for Aunt Lois!:wizard:

Deb - Good luck getting it all done!

Elin - I never have my nails done so I don't have any advice. Sorry!

We are going to attempt to have a pool day today. We'l see how long the kids want to be out. None of our friends are around since everyone is at camp, so it will just be us and maybe one other nanny with the baby she takes care of.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

12 more days of work.

70 days until Disney!!

Thanks, Deb, and you are so right. I thought my world was coming to an end, and it did for awhile. But like the song says.....If you're going through h*** keep on going....which is what I had to do. Now I've met someone wonderful who treats me good. So I'm going to ride the wave and see where it takes us. Last night he and I were talking and I made the comment about how my children are always asking if he is coming over and that they have taken to him quite well. His response was 'maybe it's because they see that I make their mom happy.' Ok, I know that is sappy, but it made me realize that even my kids must see the difference in me. Sorry to go on and on, but I just wanted to share that.

:banana: :cool1: :dance3: :banana: :cool1: :dance3:

What a guy! Definitely sounds like a keeper. It makes me so happy to see how much things have improved for you over the last year. I know that we are all so proud of you for how you have fought and triumphed over such a rough patch. Even happier to see you reaping the rewards! Most admirably, it is the perspective with which you keep it all. Your kids (and you) will benefit from your level-headedness and, most of all, love and devotion, for many years to come. I hope you can make the WDW trip work!

Really? Would you mind/are you able to put it on a CD and send it to me? I would send you cd's and pay for shipping!

I'll give it a try! And if I can't get it to work I'm sure that Phil can.

I have a burning question and I knew that the place to come looking for the answer was here...

I love the look of acrylic nails, but have no need or time to have them done. Does anyone know if there is a way to get that soft, semi-transparent look without having the nail tips done? Is there a special polish that they use? I have very strong nails and have to keep them fairly short because I am playing the piano 8+ hours a day. I would love to be able to replicate that look at home. Any answers for me, DDA beauty mavens??? :goodvibes

My nails grow long and are very strong, but I just don't have time to fuss with them. Occasional polish is all that I managed. Can you believe that I have NEVER had a manicure or pedicure ? That's going to change. I scheduled an appointment with my cousin (my hairdresser) for the day before our trip. She's going to do a manicure, pedicure, haircuts and whatever other pampering I can think of. Hopefully it will be a nice day and she can work on my by my parents pool while the kids swim.:banana: :cool1:

I'm going to whip up Mom's tie dye shirt then we're off to Kohls to see what we need for an additional 30% off :cool1: Talk to you later.

Deb

I have my toes done once or twice a summer. Right now I still have "winter feet" so I need to get in and have them done soon! I'll have them done again right before we leave for Disney. I usually don't have my fingers done because by the 2nd or 3rd day the polish is all cracked and I am too lazy to repaint them.

Deb, have fun at Kohl's! Nordstrom's half-yearly sale started yesterday but I am TRYING not to go! DS was complaining yesterday that he "only" has 3 swimsuits. He has 5, but one is still way too big. I am not rushing out to buy more.;)

I have been thinking that I would pay off our trip with the gift card I have been loading, then when I get my comp time check and my first few paychecks from my new job I will load the card back up with spending money. I had a few minutes this morning so...

Our trip is paid in full now!!:dance3:

Here a couple of quick pictures of the tie dye shirts

the boys
June2007039.jpg

Chris and Mine
June2007038.jpg

and I am stealin' it right from you, Stephanie! HAVE A HAPPY DAY, TERRY & HAL! Congrats!! :love:
Happy Anniversary, Terry and Hal! Here's to many more years of happiness together!

I used to get my nails done all the time, but quit when I had babies (too hard to do all those little buttons!). Now it's just too much money and time to invest every 2 weeks or so. Anyway, get yourself a good nail buffer and some good clear nail polish. They even have do-it-at-home French manicure kits that give you a nice white nail. I haven't tried this but my girlfriend does it.

:banana: :cool1: :dance3: :banana: :cool1: :dance3:

What a guy! Definitely sounds like a keeper. It makes me so happy to see how much things have improved for you over the last year. I know that we are all so proud of you for how you have fought and triumphed over such a rough patch. Even happier to see you reaping the rewards! Most admirably, it is the perspective with which you keep it all. Your kids (and you) will benefit from your level-headedness and, most of all, love and devotion, for many years to come. I hope you can make the WDW trip work!
Thanks, Tia. You're so sweet! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter