The Dad Bag - Looking for the best Bag for The World

metadog

Earning My Ears
Hi Guys! I have a JanSport Day Pack that I have been using for over 20 years. I have never met it’s match in durability and utility. I have used other bags, but keep coming back to this guy. It has been there for every stage of our Disney trips: honeymoon, pre-kid, the diaper zone, the out-of-diaper-but-change-of-clothes-needed, and beyond. But, as you can imagine, after 20 years, it is looking it’s age and I need to move on. JanSport doesn’t sell one like this any more.

We do a lot of amusement parks (Disney, Universal, Bush Gardens, etc) and beach trips. Hot weather, rain, sweaty back… I carry cameras (point & shoot as well as the new monster DSLR), ponchos, kids needs, water, pain killers, etc.

I want good quality (a Swiss Gear bag shredded to bits on me one summer) and I would like it to look cool. I have a great bag from Oakley, but it is HUGE! Not quite a day bag. It is also black and gets REALLY hot, inside and out.

Is it even possible to cut down on the "sweaty back syndrome?"

Can you make any suggestions?

Thanks!
-Mike

I use a pack from Eddie Bauer and it seems to work well. I know they have difrent types for your needs from a soft side style to the more structured type. I can not remember what model I have but it has a place for a Camelback and a laptop sleeve plus thee difrent packing conpartments. It also has a mesh pocket on the frount and padded back. I really like it and it seems to be holding up great. The pack has gone on 7 disney trips and countless local trips over its 4 year life. I just finished using it for a 11 day work asignment at the local Music festival, it baked in the sun everyday and slamed in a locker everynight.

I use a backpack for work to carry my laptop and other various items. I travel a lot and beat the tar out of bags. It also winds up being electronic storage and a park bag on vacations. I've had good luck with Ogio bags, they come in various sizes and seem to be extremely durable. I did have one rip and they replaced it quickly with no questions asked. I've been using my current bag daily since 2009 with no issues.

this is the backpack I have. I haven't had any issues with quality but it looks like a few reviewers had issues with it. http://www.amazon.com/OGIO-Metro-Ba..._link_2?ie=UTF8&pageNumber=2&showViewpoints=0 the other gripe with it is that its main pocket isn't subdivided. I actually like that when I'm using it as a park bag. It makes it easier to shove 4 coats and a dslr in it.

I use my children as pack mules so I don't need to carry a bag.:lmao::lmao:

Seriously, I have a swiss army bag that hold most of our stuff, Including the camera. I'll try to post a pick when I get home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter