"The Box" has arrived... (w/pics)

iteachlit

DIS Veteran
Our DVC welcome kit arrived Thursday via FedEx. I know quite a few of you are waiting for the welcome kit or wondering what you "get" when you join. Like a true nerd, I decided to take a few pictures of what comes in the big box from DVC. If you don't want to see, look away!

The welcome kit arrives in a standard FedEx package.

DSC01805.JPG

The box contains three items. From left to right, the "Unlock the Secret" box, a DVC canvas tote, and a documents folder.

DSC01807.JPG

Let's start with the tote. It's a fairly large bag, and seems to be of nice quality. The logo is embroidered. Inside there's a zippered pouch, a cell phone/iPod pocket, and umbrella pouch, and a key clip. Of course, what would you expect for $16,000? :rotfl2:

DSC01806.JPG

Gee, do you think that this folder is IMPORTANT? What's inside?

DSC01809.JPG

Inside you'll find temporary membership cards, web site login information, lots of documents to be signed, and the FedEx return envelope.

DSC01816.JPG

Now for the big box...

DSC01810.JPG

Once the door is opened, you will find three separate folders.

DSC01811.JPG

The first folder contains a copy of the agreement for your records, as well as a copy of the FedEx label for the return shipment.

DSC01812.JPG

The next folder has a privacy agreement, condo association manuals, and some literature from HUD about purchasing real estate.

DSC01813.JPG

The final folder has the New Member Handbook and the Vacation Planner. The NMH has two pages dedicated for each DVC resort, as well as an overview of the general process of making the trip home. The VP uses many of the images found in the Dreams book given on the tour. It includes all of the points charts and many details not found in the NMH.

DSC01814.JPG

So there you have it. BTW, our guide told us to call quality assurance within 48 hours of receiving the package. I did that, only to get a voice mail system asking me to leave my name, membership number, and phone number. I did so, and told QA that I received the documents. They called back about 45 minutes later (I was out) and left a message on our machine. It turns out that we didn't really need to have them walk us through anything. I think they just want to know that we actually received the welcome kit.

Let me know if you have any questions.

How long did it take for you to get this "big box". I plan on giving my guide our deposit tomorrow, (via credit card). When can I expect this box!?:yay: I am so excited!
Congrats!

How long did it take for you to get this "big box". I plan on giving my guide our deposit tomorrow, (via credit card). When can I expect this box!?:yay: I am so excited!
Congrats!

We were/are excited, too! We finalized everything Sunday afternoon. Our guide told us that the package would arrive by the end of the week (we're in PA). It arrived Thursday. My guess is that it probably didn't ship until Tuesday, as it was late in the DVC day Sunday.

You should have it in just a few days! Yay!

I wish they'd change the tote bag. I have 10 of them from all my add-ons. Here's hoping the switch to something different...

I wish they'd change the tote bag. I have 10 of them from all my add-ons. Here's hoping the switch to something different...

I'd "eBay" those extra bags! Too bad they don't have other options for those who add on. Of course, at least they still give you something.

I'd "eBay" those extra bags! Too bad they don't have other options for those who add on. Of course, at least they still give you something.

How did you get this bag? We were sent a black one that just said "Walt Disney World" when we joined in April. We'd much rather have the DVC tote...

How did you get this bag? We were sent a black one that just said "Walt Disney World" when we joined in April. We'd much rather have the DVC tote...

We just bought 160 points at SSR. The bag was included "free." Perhaps they were out of DVC bags when you bought?

That is a bummer. We really like our DVC bag. Hopefully you can get your hands on one some way.

We just did another add on at AKL. We got the new bag (our 4th) They took off the "I know a secret" phrase. We like it better. I guess they figured out that with a DVC kiosk every 50 feet at WDW and DLR, it's not much of a secret anymore.

Hmm, my bag is tan and brown (where yours is tan and blue) and mine has Mickey (in shadow form) with his his hands on his hips and it says Walt Disney World underneath. I'd like to have the DVC one, man, all I want is a DVC BC villas pin, can't find one anywhere!

Someone posted on another thread that you don't get the tote when buying resale. I guess I will find out when/if my resale ever closes.

I only got the "big box" and tote when I did my add on thru Disney. Did not get the fringe benefits when I bought my original resale.

We'd love one of those bags if you just have them laying around...

Seriously, we just thought that everyone got the black bag with Mickey and the 4 park logos that said "Walt Disney World" on them. We had no idea that we should have gotten a DVC tote. I showed DW, and now she is wanting one, so I guess that I will contact my guide tomorrow and see if he can hook us up with the correct tote...

We did not. I received a small packet with a few of the larger brochures (explaing the point and resorts), but that was it. Whatever the other smaller brochures are (condo association info, etc.), we did not recieve either.

Do you get the "big box" even if you buy resale???:confused3

iteachlit-
You are such a HUGE nerd!! :grouphug: Welcome home and welcome to the family!! (You will find we are all nerds! :banana: )

We have purchased thru Disney, and have purchased resale. We had received the Welcome Home Kit (and bag) with every Disney purchase (we did that on site), but never received any kind of kit or info (other than our new member cards) from Disney for our resale. It would seem to me that they had originally given this to the original owners, and have no great need to give another for the "resale" purchase people.

Can there be any doubt as to the evil genius of the Disney Marketing Machine? Here we have yet another customer so giddily excited about the sales paperwork that they are compeled to take pictures of it!!! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter