Thanks, but no thanks!

Fee to check into our room early next month at The Opryland Resort in Nashville. 😆 I'll pass!
View attachment 873744
That does seem a little high, but really, I don’t see that as being any different than hotels that allow late checkout for a fee. Most of the fees for late checkout that I have seen have been under $50 though, with some as low as $20, which sounds reasonable.

Ridiculous, if you arrive early, you can go to the mall or park there and walk over and still have access to the hotel. I do recommend familiarizing yourself with a map of the property. I have been going there since a todddler (local), and I still get lost in there almost every trip. One time after wandering around for over two hours, I finally found an exit door that went outside and took it not caring where I ended up as long as I got out. Part of what makes it so tricky is that the hallways are blocked off by walls on certain floors, so you can’t go through where you think you can except on specific levels. Stupid design.

That does seem a little high, but really, I don’t see that as being any different than hotels that allow late checkout for a fee. Most of the fees for late checkout that I have seen have been under $50 though, with some as low as $20, which sounds reasonable.
Ya, if it had been like maybe $40-$50, I might had considered it.

Not worth it even for that when there’s so much free entertainment in walking distance to keep you busy until room is ready.

Ridiculous, if you arrive early, you can go to the mall or park there and walk over and still have access to the hotel. I do recommend familiarizing yourself with a map of the property. I have been going there since a todddler (local), and I still get lost in there almost every trip. One time after wandering around for over two hours, I finally found an exit door that went outside and took it not caring where I ended up as long as I got out. Part of what makes it so tricky is that the hallways are blocked off by walls on certain floors, so you can’t go through where you think you can except on specific levels. Stupid design.
Would your car be safe parked at the mall overnight? Wouldn't get towed or vandalized? We were suppose to have gone a couple years back to this resort, but something came up and we cancelled. But this year is a go.

Would floor 2 be the easiest floor to navigate?

Cars - I wouldn't leave it overnight, but it’s super easy to move it between the two.

Floors - Yep, it’s a confusing mess. I’d call and ask. Sorry, I only remember my frustration with this, not which floors. There’s also different sections, so that factors in.

I see you want to visit the water park. That makes more sense why they are charging extra for early entry. I thought it was just to get in the room.

If you just want to swim, I’d drive across the street to Two Rivers. It’s just a glorified pool but much cheaper.

Admission Prices​

• Adult admission (13 years and older): $12
  • Child admission (3 years to 12 years): $10
  • Senior admission (62 years or older): $8
  • Military admission (with Military ID): $8
  • Child admission (2 years and under): Free
  • Spectator admission: Everyone entering Wave Country must pay the appropriate admission fee listed above
Rates are half-price for children Tuesday through Friday, 3:00-5:00 p.m. Not applicable on holidays.

Cars - I wouldn't leave it overnight, but it’s super easy to move it between the two.

Floors - Yep, it’s a confusing mess. I’d call and ask. Sorry, I only remember my frustration with this, not which floors. There’s also different sections, so that factors in.

I see you want to visit the water park. That makes more sense why they are charging extra for early entry. I thought it was just to get in the room..

If you just want to swim, I’d drive across the street to Two Rivers. It’s just a glorified pool but much cheaper.

Admission Prices​

• Adult admission (13 years and older): $12
  • Child admission (3 years to 12 years): $10
  • Senior admission (62 years or older): $8
  • Military admission (with Military ID): $8
  • Child admission (2 years and under): Free
  • Spectator admission: Everyone entering Wave Country must pay the appropriate admission fee listed above
Rates are half-price for children Tuesday through Friday, 3:00-5:00 p.m. Not applicable on holidays.
I can get into Soundwaves at 10 am regardless if I were to pay the $100 fee. I booked a Soundwaves package. That $100 is just to get into the room early.

Yep, then I don’t see the point. Surely they will hold luggage like all fancy hotels do. I’d check in and then go swim or walk over to the mall.

There’s a path between the hotel and mall which comes out on the movie theater side (but think Disney level walking of right next door). Through hotel, across outside path, then, you’ve got to cross the parking lot and go around the mall building a little ways. Probably 5-10 minutes walk from start of outside part.

There's an IMAX theater and a few restaurants on that side of the mall. A lot of the stores in the mall are outlets too, so there are a ton of big name brands. If you need shoes Off Broadway is amazing. (Sadly complete other side of mall from hotel.) We call Off Broadway shoe heaven. It’s huge. The shoes just go on and on.

Ba k to the hotel, make sure to ask about the fountain show at the hotel when you check in. I’m not sure if they still do that or not. It used to be this huge thing set to music, but with construction, it has moved and changed over the years. Still worth a watch as it’s free if it’s still going on. I remember loving it as a kid.

Also, not sure if you know, but there’s a boat and river inside a 4.5 acres garden area you can pay to ride. That’s how large this place is. That’s only the one section.

Yep, then I don’t see the point. Surely they will hold luggage like all fancy hotels do. I’d check in and then go swim or walk over to the mall.

There’s a path between the hotel and mall which comes out on the movie theater side (but think Disney level walking of right next door). Through hotel, across outside path, then, you’ve got to cross the parking lot and go around the mall building a little ways. Probably 5-10 minutes walk from start of outside part.

There's an IMAX theater and a few restaurants on that side of the mall. A lot of the stores in the mall are outlets too, so there are a ton of big name brands. If you need shoes Off Broadway is amazing. (Sadly complete other side of mall from hotel.) We call Off Broadway shoe heaven. It’s huge. The shoes just go on and on.

Ba k to the hotel, make sure to ask about the fountain show at the hotel when you check in. I’m not sure if they still do that or not. It used to be this huge thing set to music, but with construction, it has moved and changed over the years. Still worth a watch as it’s free if it’s still going on. I remember loving it as a kid.

Also, not sure if you know, but there’s a boat and river inside a 4.5 acres garden area you can pay to ride. That’s how large this place is. That’s only the one section.
Thanks for the reply. It's like a 3 hour drive from home to Nashville. Stay is in less than one month. If we had more time, we would make an extra trip before the reservation to check the place out first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest