• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thank you Southwest

you would have needed the birth certif to pass through security also

Yeah we've never needed either of our children's birth certificates and have flown multiple times with both of them. The only time we needed it was to go to Mexico and we had a passport for her.

quick question, can you only re-book the same flight?? I just saw where our SW 7:05am flight out of BWI went way, way up, but the 6:35am is $30 cheaper per person that what I paid.

This is a TSA requirement and not a SW and applies only to lap babies.

Adult passengers (18 and over) are required to show a U.S. federal or state-issued photo ID in order to be allowed to go through the checkpoint and onto their flight.

If the airline asked for proof of the childs DOB then it was the airlines policy or procedure that such a request was made.

Adult passengers (18 and over) are required to show a U.S. federal or state-issued photo ID in order to be allowed to go through the checkpoint and onto their flight.

If the airline asked for proof of the childs DOB then it was the airlines policy or procedure that such a request was made.

For tickeyed passengers (kids) this is true but for unticketed passengers (lap child under the age of 2) you must provide a BC to get them on.

Indianapolis flights are $308 round trip. :sad2: Time to play the waiting game.

We fly from IND and anything around $300 RT to MCO seems to be the best we can do. I looked back at our 2008 trip, and we flew for about $160 each roundtrip, but those days seem to be over. Once in awhile, the Airtran/SW fares fall to $120-ish one way, but anymore that is rare, especially for the direct flights.

I went ahead and booked our December flights yesterday. The direct flights were better timing for us on the outbound using Airtran and SW was better coming home. Plus, we'll save about $60 on baggage fees returning with SW.

Traveling with an infant on your lap (at no additional charge) the infant will not need a boarding pass; however, you will need to obtain a Boarding Verification Document (BVD) for the infant. The BVD will allow the infant to board the aircraft. BVDs are available at the Southwest Airlines ticket counter on the day of travel. In order to complete your BVD, the Customer Service Agent will need to verify that your infant has not reached his/her second birthday, so be sure to bring along a copy of your infant's birth certificate.

This info above is direct from Southwest Air. As I previously stated it is an airline policy. In order for anyone to pass through the checkpoint, they must have a Boarding Pass or BVD. (Except On Duty Crew and SIDA Authorized) If you have a BVD then you are under 18 and are not required to present Government Issued Photo Identification.

I just booked our fares to California for November 3rd.

We used a little over 22,000 points and paid $20 for the 9/11 charge.

Now I just need to book the return trip home.

We fly from IND and anything around $300 RT to MCO seems to be the best we can do. I looked back at our 2008 trip, and we flew for about $160 each roundtrip, but those days seem to be over. Once in awhile, the Airtran/SW fares fall to $120-ish one way, but anymore that is rare, especially for the direct flights.

I went ahead and booked our December flights yesterday. The direct flights were better timing for us on the outbound using Airtran and SW was better coming home. Plus, we'll save about $60 on baggage fees returning with SW.

The last two times we went, I found $100 prices, once in December and once in October. One of those I had bought at $129 but it went down to $100. I'll keep an eye on them since it is so far out.

The last two times we went, I found $100 prices, once in December and once in October. One of those I had bought at $129 but it went down to $100. I'll keep an eye on them since it is so far out.

careful, yyou can always get a credit, traveling oct 25-28, NY to MCO.....SW opened at 109 each way and is now at 128outbound and 284 for the flight i need home......from 218 to 412, can't see it coming down so forced to go to LGA for a 220rt on delta

Wooo hoooo! My flights just dropped. This is the least I've ever paid Den-MCO.

Early bird gets the low fares!

:banana:

We just booked our early Dec. trip on Southwest. When they extended the dates I think last Friday or Monday the rates were off the charts. We booked last night the same flights non-stop from Indy round trip for two for just $616.50. That is less than half what they came out as, glad we decided to wait. Now as a previous posted noted, don't look back but I understand on Southwest, if they do lower the rates we can get a credit....smjj :goodvibes:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter