Test track vs Soarin & FP

lumpy08

Mouseketeer
For those that do the fast pass I need a little help.

The day we go to Epcot we hope to be there around 9am. We have a 10am storytime and 10:45 princess breakfast. What is our best bet to do FP. Should we run over to Soarin and grab a FP and hope we can get onto Test track prior to our 10am storytime? Or should we do the reverse?

Yes, send a runner for FPs for Soarin and then ride TT. You should have plenty of time. Our routine is the same except, we FP Soarin, ride it, then ride TT and we're always done within 1 hour. :)

Agree with the PP - find someone who is willing to bite the bullet and run for Soarin' FPs. Go to TT with the rest of the group.

I was the runner last year, and by the time I got back to TT (this was in June), the family had already ridden TT. We hopped back in line and waited for about 15 minutes for another ride.

By the time we were done, it was around 9:30-9:40 or so...

Get your Sorin FP first.. if worse came to worse, TT does have a singles line you can use to cut your wait time down (that is, if you don't mind being split up)

DEFINITELY get your Fastpasses for Soarin'!!!!!!

Test Track has the Single Rider Line - which we always do - it's always a MUCH shorter wait.:thumbsup2

Do you really need to run to soarin to get fast passes? How quickly do FP run out for Soarin anyway?

Yes, send a runner for FPs for Soarin and then ride TT. You should have plenty of time. Our routine is the same except, we FP Soarin, ride it, then ride TT and we're always done within 1 hour. :)

This always what we do! Excellent plan!!

Do you really need to run to soarin to get fast passes? How quickly do FP run out for Soarin anyway?

"Run" is a strong word - the CM's try to stop it (mostly successfully) anyway. "Hustle" is probably the best word. If you aren't at the vanguard (love that word) during rope drop, you'll probably have to wait a few minutes (5-10) to get a FP.

And the walk back to TT is loooooong - longer than it looks on the map. So in order for my method above to work, you have to "speed walk" pretty good, otherwise the line at TT will be longer than 15-20 minutes when you get back.

And the walk back to TT is loooooong - longer than it looks on the map.

How far does it look on this one? ;)
(Between #5 and #7.)

Epcot-RopeDrop-042908.jpg

wat i do is that i go to soarin and the rest of my family waits in line at test track and i join them in line

In the past I have quickly gone to get Sorin FP while the rest have gone to TT.
Another time we all went to Sorin, got FP, and rode it twice with very little wait time and then went to TT and had a slight wait.

I think this time since soaring is on the other side, we will go stand in line to ride soarin at rope drop. Then go to TT :drive: and grab a fast pass if the line is long, then maybe ride mission space, then ellen. (since they are all on the same side) last time we stood in line for test track rode that then got FP for soarin. So I guess it really doesnt matter. It's Crazy!!!!! :scared1: I think no matter your plan it will be fine.

:tink:

My hubby "hustles" (yes, run is a harsh word) for FPs at Soarin' while I wrangle our kids over to TT. This will be the first time we will need to use Baby swap, so we'll see how it goes. My MIL was with us last time so DH, DD, DS and I were all able to ride TT together. Like I said....this next trip will be new and different (and I can only cross my fingers that my two year old will grow the couple of inches he needs to meet the 40 inch mark - without shoes on! - (he's VERY tall for his age))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter