Teresa's WISH Jouranl (Comments Welcomed)

Tera

Do or do not, there is no try
Okay, here goes.....

Hello Fellow W.I.S.H participants...

My name is Teresa and I'm 37 years old and mother of two daughters, 12 years and 9 years. I'm just under 5'4" (easier to put 5'4" on drivers license) and currently weight 208. When I met my DH 14 years ago, I was overweight at 165, but would love to be down that low now. Over the first two years, I put on over 20 pounds and then got pregnant with my first DD. I gained 25 pounds with her and being 9 pounds, I lost 16 of that with her birth. After a couple of years, I started doing step aerobics and lost 15 pounds and several inches. Of course, I got pregnant again and that was the end of that. After a few more years and topping out at 220, I joined a gym and started working out. I got down to 189 last year, but gain some weight back on from summer vacations and just not watching what I was eating.

Anways, I joined Weight Watchers this past Tuesday and am very excited. I've been great all week and with neighbors over last night and some munching going on, I feel I'm still way under my target points for the week. I go to the gym 5 days a week and trying to get my DH to teach me racquetball. My target weight for my height is 130-135, but I would be happy with 140-145. It would be nice to just go into a store, pick a size 12, 10 or whatever off a rack and know it won't be tight.

I'm hoping with each weight-in, I'll post my results and hopefully, post a picture of my before and after when I get close to my goal.

Sorry this is so stinkin' long. DD's & DH are gone and I'm enjoying some much needed peace & quiet!:Pinkbounc

Thanks for listening and hope everyone reaches their goals...............

:wave: Hi Tera,
Welcome to WISH journaling. You will find a lot of friendly and helpful people here :D . It sounds like you have a great plan already in place ::yes:: .

Good luck to you as you continue your journey :Pinkbounc :bounce: !

Thanks Valerie!! I'm really excited about this and I think it's the right diet I need to help me along with the working out. I have my first weight in on Tuesday and just hope the results are there.

Hi Tera!!:wave2:

Welcome to Wish!! You will find lots of nice people you are all looking for a healthier lifestyle.

I am in my second week of WW online and am holding my own.
Lost 5 pounds the first week:D :D

If I can do it anyone can. Having terrible munching attacks today so I am keeping my hands busy on the computer.

Good Luck and stop by my journal sometime....

Have a Disney Day!!::MickeyMo

That's Awesome chrismiss56!!!! I think I would be happy with 2 or 3 pounds myself and thrilled with 5 pounds. I know what you mean about munching today. I've had the same problem, but I've been trying to go for the veggies to help.

Thanks for the support!!

Teresa

Welcome to WISH Teresa! This is such a wonderful place for support! Reading other journals helps keep me motivated. Check out the exercise challenge for September...it's a great motivator! You should sign up. You post a goal of how many minutes you will exercise in September and one of our very nice WISH buddies has been keeping track of our minutes for Aug. She's agreed to do it for September too.

Good luck to you!

Gail

Hi Tera,

Welcome to WISH....Wish is great support for all of your weight loss goals! ;)

Good luck with all of your goals..I will be checking in on you!

Thanks jodistar!! I wish I had done this months ago, but better late than never :D

Thanks Gail! Like I told jodistar, I wish I had done this months ago. I think the support is what I was missing from doing this years ago. I had read the post about the exercise challenge and was planning on signing up. I go to the gym 5 days a week for at least an hour, so that shouldn't be problem. It should keep me more focused.

Hi Teresa,

Welcome to the WISH JOURNALS! You wil find incredible suport here. I contribute any success I have had to the wonderful women I have encountered here. Sounds like you have a great plan. Keep up the great work.
Beth

Okay... first week under my belt and I've lost 3.4 pounds!!!! I wasn't sure if it was really "weight" or water from that TOM, but WHO CARES!!!!! :p

I did my measurements this morning and will be keeping track of those every week

Weight 204.6 (was 208)
Chest 38
Waist 36.5 (down 1 inch from last week)
Hips 47.5 (big butt!)
Upper Arm 14 (down 1/2 inch from last week)

I'm hoping to see those numbers go down, especially on the waist and hips.

The week has been really good, probably because I just started and I'm really modivated at this point. Was a little hard staying away from chocolate with that TOM, but I ate fat free pudding and those 100 calorie snacks (chips ahoy) for the cravings. Fridays are hard since we get together with the neighbors, but I think I did good munching on veggies and having a large salad with dinner (plus a itsy bitsy slice of cake ;) ). I only drank 2 beers, which is very good for me since I LIKE my beer, especially around football season.

I've been forcusing on weight training more than cardio, and do both for about an hour each day. I joined the September Exercise Challenge, so that should keep me into it.

Feeling really great today and hope that I lose a couple more pounds next week. I know it'll slow down, but one or two pounds a week would be great.

Way to go Teresa!!!:Pinkbounc It's so motivating to see the scale and inches going down. I Love beer too! It's so crazy...I'd rather have a beer than some "sissy" drink! LOL!!! 2 is great! Just increase the water the next day to help since beer can dehydrate you. I like those 100 calorie snacks too...as well as the pudding...oh and I also like the jello sugar free jello...only 10 calories! I wasn't sure how I would like it since is was "sugar free" but they are good.

That exercise challenge is such a great motivator. I'm glad you signed up for it!

Keep up the great work!

Gail

Hi Teresa! Welcome to WISH! You have already done so well in your first week! You go girl, you keep that up and you're going to be at your goal in no time!

Thanks Gail! It's weird... I had a couple of beers with the neighbors this afternoon and didn't even taste good. I barely even finished the 2nd one. I wonder if because I more cautious about what I'm eating/drinking, that it just doesn't do it for me. I'll have to try those sugar free jello. I'm more of a pudding gal myself (anything with chocolate) but it might be a nice change.

Thanks Michelle for the encourgement. I just need to remember patience. I think the tough part is coming up with Labor Day weekend coming. I actually dreading the picnics we have scheduled :( because I'm afraid of blowing it. :earseek:

Hi Tera,
Do the best you can at the picnics. That is all anyone can ask. Enjoy the conversation and good times. You might just not notice the food. You may surprise yourself.

Take care,
Beth

Thank you Beth... If I do need to eat, I'm going to try and focus on the veggies and fruit. I bringing a salad, so I'm going to try and load up on that (with a little dressing ;) ) I just need to make good choices and not freak if I do snack more than I had planned.

I LOVE your 50 clippie and can only hope and pray I get that one day:Pinkbounc That's awesome!!!

Thanks again for the support, it's a big help

Teresa

Thanks for all the great posts... you gals are great at keeping me focused.

Well today is the beginning of a new month and a start of a new challenge. I spent the past couple of days reading through some of the other journals and really feeling modivated. Went to the gym this morning and did 60 minutes on the treadmill. I should have worked out with weights, but still TOM, so I wasn't really up for it. Only 1440 minutes to go :hyper: This is the first day that I've munched more than usual. Just here and there, but still feeling a little guilty :rolleyes: Okay, I'm over it *LOL* Just had dinner and I still have 10 points left. I'm thinking pudding for dessert :p

Planning to work out for 100 minutes tomorrow so I can get some weights in. I'm feeling really good overall and looking forward to my weight-in next week. Did I just say that??? :hyper: :hyper:

Good job today, Teresa! Way to get started on the first day of the exercise challenge! Good luck to you in reaching your goals for tomorrow. :)

Good going Teresa! Half way through the month...you'll be all downhill on those minutes! Keep it up! You're doing great! Trim those nails...bowling season is here!

DE - I've been slowly bitting those nails off getting ready for bowling :hyper: It'll be hard on my Saturday league since we do more drinking than we do bowling. I'm going to have to save up some extra points for a few beers :crazy:

Thanks Michelle for the encourgement

Did another 60 minutes today, 30 weights and 30 cardio. I love that cardio machine especially when it tells me I burned off 400 calories!!!! Hoping to do 100 minutes tomorrow since I typically don't get to the gym on the weekends. Taking my oldest DD to the Flea Market, so there will be a little walking. Need to stay away from bad bad food there:earseek:

WOW!!:jumping1: :jumping1:

Your are an exercising machine!! You are inspiring me and tiring me at the same time.

Keep going!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: Don't stop now....

And don't forget your water!!

Have A Disney Day!!::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter