Tent camping in June....

Leader of the Club

My Disney Princess only wears BLACK!
I just realized that we have about fourteen days in June, the 15-27th, where we (mom, dad and 2 kids) have NO committments and we will have valid annual passes to the happiest place on earth.

What loop would be best for us?

What kind of site do we need?

Do we need to get a screen room for the "kitchen"?

Can we rent a propane tank or will we need to bring ours?

Where can we get ice for the coolers? How much is it?

How about rain? Will we get soaked in a tent in June?

I know it will be HOT in June for tent camping.

Are there ever any AP or code discounts on campsites?

Is there anything else I need to know? (we are spring and fall campers, primarily in Ohio.)

thanks!

:wave2:

OK, here goes:

What loop would be best for us?
Any loop will work. I have seen tents on every loop from the partial hook ups to the preferred. The partial hook up loops (1500 & 2000) have larger tent pads so you may want to stick with them.

What kind of site do we need?
See previous answer

Do we need to get a screen room for the "kitchen"?
I would probably suggest it. June is wet and will probably have a few bugs around.

Can we rent a propane tank or will we need to bring ours?
You will need to bring yours.

Where can we get ice for the coolers? How much is it?
Ice is available at every comfort station, but is expensive ($2 per 7lb bag). I would suggest a trip to Publix for ice and groceries.

How about rain? Will we get soaked in a tent in June?
In a word, yes. June is the wettest mont on average, so assume you will get wet.

Orlando averages by Weather.com

I know it will be HOT in June for tent camping.

You are correct, but the rain will cool you off :teeth:

I know I have posted this many times before, but in regards to your question of will we get wet in our tent in June??

If you set up properly, there is no reason for you to get wet "in" your tent!!

Step #1 - Seam Seal your tent very well!!

Step #2 - Spray the cloth material of your tent with a water repellant such as Scotch Guard or some other product.

Step #3 - Cut TWO pieces of 6 or 8 mil plastic 1 inch smaller than the bottom of your tent. Place one underneath your tent and one inside your tent.

Step #4 - Purchase a piece of the 1/2 mil painters plastic large enough to go under your tent. Place that down first, then lay your ground cloth on top of that. The sandy pad gets NASTY when it gets wet and you can just throw this away at the end of your trip and protect your permanent groundcloth.

Step#5 - (Actually this should be step #1) Make sure your rainfly of your tent extends over the door and window a bit. This way you can leave your screens open even during the rain. This is extremely important when it is hot and muggy to allow maximum airflow.

Step #6 - Bring two dining shelters and at least one screen room. Place one dining shelter at the entrance of your tent so that you can place your chairs under there, hang your ponchos from it, and just generally get in and out of your tent without getting wet. For extra protection place you second dining shelter over your tent. Place the screen room over the picnic table.

Step #7 - Depending on the size of your tent, I would leave your the bulk of your luggage in your vehicle, and just bring your bedding and necessities into the tent. I use those Rubbermaid drawers to pack for Ft. Wilderness trips and leave them setting upright in the back seat of my truck. I then have a day pack with my toiletries and change of clothes. After taking my evening shower, I swap out the dirty clothes I just took off and place the next days clothes in the day pack. That way when the quick urge to run to the comfort station arises in the morning, I just grab that day pack, and off I go. I then go ahead and get dressed while at the comfort station. Then I start the laundry from the previous day or so and relax for a bit before heading for the parks.

Step #8 - Definitely have some type of fan running in your tent at all times!!! That time of year you may need an air conditioner. Many other posters can tell you how they have rigged up a tent air conditioner.

I hope this helps!!!

Carol

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest