Temporarily out of the Disneyland loop because of…

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
COVID. Folks, I haven’t posted in a bit. I went to see some old friends in Phoenix recently and very quickly came down with this nasty little virus (I tested positive on Tuesday afternoon). I’m triple-vaxxed but despite that, it was still horrible. Indeed, I’ve never been so sick in my life. However, I’m beginning to recover and should be non-contagious by tomorrow morning (according to my doctor - 48 hours without a fever (without the aid of ibuprofen or other such drugs) is what’s indicative of non-contagious, at least with COVID).

Anyway, I hope you’re all well. I plan to return to DL on Wednesday.

So sorry!! Glad you're on the mend and hope you have a great trip back to DLR Wednesday!

Oh boy, sorry to hear!

But please, before you head back to Disneyland, take a rapid test to make sure it's negative.

You can continue to be contagious up to 10 days after testing positive and fever is NOT an accurate indicator of contagiousness at ALL.

When my husband had breakthrough Covid, he never even had a fever, but he didn't get a negative rapid test until day 10.

Oh boy, sorry to hear!

But please, before you head back to Disneyland, take a rapid test to make sure it's negative.

You can continue to be contagious up to 10 days after testing positive and fever is NOT an accurate indicator of contagiousness at ALL.

When my husband had breakthrough Covid, he never even had a fever, but he didn't get a negative rapid test until day 10.
This was true for my daughter recently. So many in her dorm were testing positive for Covid that the admins at CalPoly had them all test and the vast majority were positive. She and her roommate had tested themselves 2 days earlier (negative), and had no symptoms, but both tested positive immediately that day and were still testing positive a week later. They're going to test again tomorrow.

COVID. Folks, I haven’t posted in a bit. I went to see some old friends in Phoenix recently and very quickly came down with this nasty little virus (I tested positive on Tuesday afternoon). I’m triple-vaxxed but despite that, it was still horrible. Indeed, I’ve never been so sick in my life. However, I’m beginning to recover and should be non-contagious by tomorrow morning (according to my doctor - 48 hours without a fever (without the aid of ibuprofen or other such drugs) is what’s indicative of non-contagious, at least with COVID).

Anyway, I hope you’re all well. I plan to return to DL on Wednesday.

Oh no! I hope you are getting better quickly. We all had it about three weeks ago. I'm still testing positive even though I've been fine for over two weeks. Some people test positive for quite some time even long after being contagious. I'm going to test again in a few days to see.

My husband and I each have one lingering thing, we get winded easily. It's been a weird thing to get used to and we hope it goes away soon.

I look forward to your reports, it's how I get past my missing DL sadness! Feel better soon!

Oh no! I hope you are getting better quickly. We all had it about three weeks ago. I'm still testing positive even though I've been fine for over two weeks. Some people test positive for quite some time even long after being contagious. I'm going to test again in a few days to see.

My husband and I each have one lingering thing, we get winded easily. It's been a weird thing to get used to and we hope it goes away soon.

I look forward to your reports, it's how I get past my missing DL sadness! Feel better soon!

Are you testing positive via rapid tests still? If so, you are still contagious. That's how rapid tests work...they detect when there is enough virus in your nose to be contagious. If it's PCR tests, that is an expected occurrence, and can continue for several weeks after active infection.

My husband still has lingering shortness of breath from his illness last August. He is currently undergoing numerous pulmonary testing and imaging to try and determine the cause...but the pulmonologist thinks it's long Covid. He noticed it right after he was done being sick. He never had shortness of breath while he was sick.

wow, sorry to hear this ! Hoping you are fully recovered soon ! (so we can see more of your pictures and hear more of your reports.... hahaha)

I agree with DLGal and others. Make sure you rapid test before returning to public life. PCR tests are best to find out if you have it and you can test positive for a long time, the antigen tests show if you still have a viral load that can be contagious. Teachers and students have to test negative via a rapid test to return to the classroom. Same with our workplace.

Sorry to hear this Rob! I hope you are feeling better soon. I too am recovering from a recent breakthrough infection myself. Mine felt like I had a really bad cold for a few days. I'm very lucky and thankful it wasn't worse and I attribute that to being fully vaxed and boostered. I finally tested negative today and I was able to give my husband a hug for first time in 10 days. I hope you get to Disneyland soon, I miss your reports. Actually, before I saw this post I was wondering about you and if you'd been able to get to Disneyland lately.

Thanks everyone. Brief update: I’m largely recovered but still have a bit of fatigue and headache. I’m now on day ten of being sick and have been fever-free since last Thursday morning. Here’s something crazy. I’m a pretty thin guy. My usual weight is about 143, which is what I weighed as a senior in high school. From last Monday to Saturday (a span of six days) I lost… 19 pounds due to COVID! I’ve never had anything like that kind of dramatic weight loss. Everyone was surprised, including, of course, my doctor. I’m trying to put the weight back on but am still down by 14 pounds. I don’t have a big appetite yet. My doctor speculated that most of the loss was due to dehydration. Working on it but I’m still often tired and find it hard to eat very much. I joked yesterday that my doctor would likely prescribe a $50 McDonald’s gift certificate ;-).

WOW ! 19 lbs in 6 days, that is extreme, yikes.

Hope you feel better soon.
Slow and steady .......
Sending Pixie Dust ✨✨✨✨✨

WOW ! 19 lbs in 6 days, that is extreme, yikes.

Hope you feel better soon.
Slow and steady .......
Sending Pixie Dust ✨✨✨✨✨
Seconded! I’ve never experienced anything even close to that. I don’t have fluctuations more than a few pounds either way. I’ve been right around the same weight since I’ve been 16/17. Crazy!

I’m a little better today but will almost require a two-hour afternoon nap… which doesn’t bother me in the least :-).

From last Monday to Saturday (a span of six days) I lost… 19 pounds due to COVID! I’ve never had anything like that kind of dramatic weight loss. Everyone was surprised, including, of course, my doctor. I’m trying to put the weight back on but am still down by 14 pounds. I don’t have a big appetite yet. My doctor speculated that most of the loss was due to dehydration. Working on it but I’m still often tired and find it hard to eat very much. I joked yesterday that my doctor would likely prescribe a $50 McDonald’s gift certificate ;-).
Totally get it. I lost 20 lbs in 4 days. It was dehydration and took about 2 weeks, but sadly it all came back. It took too much strength to eat or drink for about 4-5 days. One day, my entire food intake was 1 bite of a turkey sandwich. It was all I could do. It was too much work to chew. So my daughter started dropping off GoGurts so I could lay down and swallow. (My other daughter was also Covid Positive but not as bad as me and would bring stuff to me as I could not get upright for more than 2-3 mins tops.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter