I hope all in the path of the hurricane/TS stay safe. :grouphug:

Last edited:

🍁🍂 are changing.
57°
Mostly Cloudy
Day 64° • Night 49°
Northern New England. :)

I hope all in the path of the hurricane/TS stay safe. :grouphug:

ISWYDT! (BTW, we should be fine in A-L-A).

Bama Ed

PS - I left about 2 weeks ago to go to the Wil' Wil' West. And came back to notice all my hummingbirds are no longer coming to their feeders. Have they started their migration to Central America? As @Giraffe_Zen intimated, is fall coming?

PPS - Fall is coming? It's happening, isn't it?

giphy.gif

Just an update. Looks to be jogging a little to the left, so moving northwest at the moment. Still a big one so I'm sure we'll see wind and rain. The weather guessers here (Tampa) are saying all of central Florida will get something. Still, all guesses till this evening.
1000003699.jpg1000003701.jpg
1000003700.jpg

There's a hospital in Tampa I've been working with that said they have cancelled cases for tomorrow, but currently aren't expecting it to be "real" bad. "Bad" may be relative to areas that are used to it.

j

Denise,

Hopefully things aren't too bad with the flooding. I know Nashville and your part of the state can be pretty susceptible.

Kris (@garneska )- Hopefully you are making it through the worst. You don't have to worry about flooding on the um-teenth floor, but the wind looks impressive. Hang on Whisky!

j

So I checked the local news for the weekend forecast.

1727445332925.png

Which it has been here since Sunday. Before this makes it here we already got 3" of rain the last 72 hours. Think we will see another 2-4 from the remenents of this.

I feel for Ashville, NC and west as they are getting the brunt of the rains that dont flood the areas south of them.

We made it through. It was not too bad. I did not notice thunder and lightening, so whisky was ok. She did not bother us last night. We even managed to get her out in the rain. My condo does smell like wet dog though. I think the worst of it rolled through about 6:30 to 7:30 this morning. I was at the gym and bert was with whisky. She did whine some this morning. Took her out at 8:15 and it was light raining.

We are now clear of rain.

So.....we survived the initial tail whip of the hurricane with lots of wind and moderate rain. Several areas without power, my neighborhood not being one until about 7:30 this morning and we heard the transformer blow. No power for us now. Several counties in our area of the state have been put under a state of emergency by Govenor Beshear. I believe the last number I heard was 31,000 without power in the Kentucky Power service area.
Today may be the day for water issues as the storm is spinning back lots of rain our way.
Screenshot_20240928_082347_The Weather Channel.jpg

Hey Don (@Stratman50th ), better buckle in.

1728254501430.png

there is a "wind" coming your way.

I know this happens almost annually and I know you are probably ready but nevertheless, Milton looks like he's gonna come up I4.

Hope he runs into the same slow traffic (and weakens) that normally occurs on I4 on days that end in "Y". :banana:

Bama Ed

PS - also, @proudmomof4 , I know you said you are on the Tampa side of FL. You take care of your 4. I am a dad of 3 (all grown) but you never ever stop being a caring parent. ::yes::

Hey Don (@Stratman50th ), better buckle in.

View attachment 901176

there is a "wind" coming your way.

I know this happens almost annually and I know you are probably ready but nevertheless, Milton looks like he's gonna come up I4.

Hope he runs into the same slow traffic (and weakens) that normally occurs on I4 on days that end in "Y". :banana:

Bama Ed

PS - also, @proudmomof4 , I know you said you are on the Tampa side of FL. You take care of your 4. I am a dad of 3 (all grown) but you never ever stop being a caring parent. ::yes::
@bama_ed, thanks. We are very concerned with this one and taking it very seriously. My 4 are also all grown up, I only have 1 left at home, but he pays rent, lol.

We rode out Helene at the Fort (we were already there), we came back to Tampa to find damage to the soffits in several areas of our house. DH fixed things up, we’re just hoping it all holds through Milton.

DH has already been told he will be activated during Milton, he works for St Pete police. DS and I are trying to decide if we should evacuate with the dogs and head North.

Hoping everyone stays safe!

They're all serious but yeah @bama_ed I think this one's going to be bad. My daughter lives east of Orlando and we told her to pack up her stuff and come over Tuesday night. We'll move out to the bus when the power goes out. I'm trusting the welded steel construction to keep us safe. 140mph roof and block construction of the house.
Dynomax.jpg

I figure as an engineer you'd appreciate the construction.
@proudmomof4 sounds like you're west of us, we're in Polk City. With this storm CAT 3 or 4 ir doesnt matter much where on the west side you are, its gonna be big. Hang in there and be safe!
Don

Don and Proud Mom and anyone at the Fort right now.

Stay safe! This one looks like a nasty one, even if it decreases in strength before landfall.

As one of the weather people I follow down there says. Hide from the wind, run from the water.

j

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest