• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about the Club Level at RPR

4greatboys

DIS Veteran
We are think about paying the extra to stay club level. Just wondering what some others thought about it and what type of snacks they had. Thanks :D

We stayed there in July and are planning to do so again this July. Boys 13 and 17 definitely got their money's worth witht the food and snack offerings. In the morning there was a variety of sliced fruits, cereals, bagels, 3 or 4 kinds of bread for toast, and wonderful hot iced cinn. rolls. About 4 or 5 pm, they put out afternoon snacks such as raw veggies/dip, nachos, and some type of hot dish that varies from day to day. In the evening they have dessert time (we never made it back in time for this, but they did save great cookies for my kids every time they went in!) There are also juices in the am, as well as coffee and tea(Earl Grey 10 types!) coke/sprite--little 8 oz? bottles,and water all day (in fact, they encouraged us to take the bottles of water with us to the parks) From about 5-7 is "happy hour" when they put out Coronas, Budweisers, and wine (other drinks can be made for a price) The lounge area itself is huge with 3 big screen tvs. They have kids movies that they will put in on one and adults can watch the one at the other end of the room. There are tables/chairs and couches.....and plenty of newspapers, etc. to read. My family got spoiled there and insists on doing club level again this time. If you plan a rest break in the afternoon--usually storm in afternoon anyway, you can take advantage of the food and kind of use it as a quick meal. I really believe it saved us $$ by doing club.

Thanks for the great report. I cant wait to stay there. We are doing a big family trip so we will be in 3 rooms. This is our 2nd stay at RPR resort and I really like it there. The lounges always help us save money as the boys are always ready for snacks and drinks.

Edited to add: I just made ressies there June 4-7 with the passholder rate of $209 per night.

I really like the club lounge at RPR much better than at HRH. Eclpz314 did an excellent job of explaining about the offering and the lounge. Ask away if you have any more questions about RPR club level.

Thanks RyGuy.........now, if only the $319 rate for club in July would come down I'd be happier. We're still planning to extend our stay to 10 days but the fan rate doesn't seem to be affecting the club rates this year for July. I just hope none of the other benefits change. We also got our cabana last July for $45 instead of $75 for the entire day. I think that was because of club level also? I was only a Loew's blue member at the time. If so, that's another huge savings to think about!

Eclpz314 did you check passholder rates? Those were the best I found for our trip. Ent rate was like $160 Fri & Sat then down to about $149 Sunday. Fan club rate was $157 all nights. Garden room AP $146.
Thanks RyGuy--do you remember the lounge hours?

Breakfast is from 7am-10am

Beer, wine, evening offerings is from 5pm-7pm

Dessert is from 8pm-9:30pm

The actual lounge is open all day so you can pop in for sodas and water.

Thanks RyGuy. Thats great. We stayed concierge at YC in 2002 and we loved it but you cant get it any time of the day you can only get in when they are having breakfast, snacks etc. Thats really nice that you can get drinks anytime at the RPR lounge.

4GreatBoys, what site or who did you call to get those club rates? I've checked the Loew's site and fan club site but it's always $319 for July 17-26. The cutoff seems to be somewhere near the end of June. Also, with the AP rate are there any blackout dates that affect your trip? When we were there in July I was talking to someone who had just checked in for the weekend and then found out her AP for entrance to the parks was blacked out for the weekend. Her family had driven half a day to get there. This is only my 2nd time planning a trip down there........the first one seemed easier because we didn't even know about the onsite hotels until starting to plan last April. I just went with that US vacation site for that one. I know I paid $35/night to upgrade to club. This time I'll pay $35/night to upgrade to a suite. Add that to the $319/night and I'm choking. (but still planning to it! lol)

We got the passes with no black out dates since we are never really sure when we will be taking our trip. I got that Fan Club rate on the Lowes site. I just typed in Fan club in the promotional area and $157 came up. Then I called and put a hold on the rooms but we were really waiting for passholder rates to come out.
When you call for rates tell them you are looking for AP, Fan club, and Ent rates so you can find the cheapest one. The guy even looked for discounts based on what state we lived in.

Thanks, that gives me a few more options to try.

For a little later in July, FAN is $319 for Club and AAA is $255.

Thanks for the info 4Boys! I am now looking at an ap rate of $230 instead of $319 per night for rpr club! On with the planning!!! In fact, since we'll be staying 10 nights, anual passes for all 4 of us will work out cheaper than any other way I've tried. Now the temptation will be there to fit in another trip before they expire.

Eclpz314--that is great! We love our AP's. You get lots of great discounts on meals and other things. And saving over $1000 for 10 nights is awesome. Be sure to get the Preferred pass with no blackout dates. I'd hate you to be there and then it be a blackout time. Chrck the fan club site and see if they have some discounts on the passes. Last year we got ours buy 1 get 1 half price.

Thanks again for that info. Maybe I should watch the fan club site for a while to see if they show a special some time soon. Do you know if all of the discounts are public? or do you have already be an AP holder to access them? If so I might just buy one for now to get the member # and wait with the others. My, my, more to plan! lol Oh, I WAS wondering if the preferred ap really had no blackout dates. Thanks for clarifying that too.

Eclpz314 I found out about that discount last year on these boards. So between the boards and checking the fan club site you should have it covered. You dont need the AP when you make your ressie but you would probably need to produce it at check in. They may let you show it later if you have to go to the park and get it, Im not sure. We bought ours last Feb for our Oct trip and I picked them up at the Ce Ticket machines in front of the parks. Your AP comes with a list of discounts but to be honest I just briefly skimmed it. When I go to the resturants and shops I just ask if I get an AP discount and they usually say yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter