Tell Me About Later in the Day Planning..

The VQ expires but the ILL$ may also expire. We don't have a lot of data re: guests who allow their ILL$ to expire as people don't want to risk losing what they paid extra money for.
Are both of those options movable in MDE if we get delayed? I'm reading the sticky also 😊

Last edited:
I don’t think the ILL lets you modify. I know the VQc what you get is what you get and you don’t know when it gets called.

I would get up right before 7 am and purchase G+. I would then get a LL for PP or JC. They tend to get to afternoon the quickest. It may take a few refreshes but you’ll get it quickly. Then I would buy ILL for Tron and 7DMT at times I wanted.

If you’re in the park by 1 pm go for Tron VQ and you’ll get to ride twice.

I would then just continue stacking LL every two hours and go from there.

When you know you’ll be in the park I would book my LL right before then for a ride that has availability as we walk in. That way you can just start rolling them if possible.

We started late at DHS 3 times last trip and used G+ and stacked LL. We would also purchase ILL if we wanted. It was great. We’d walk in with 5-6 some evenings.
The weather is looking to be super hot in a couple weeks when we get there. I would love to hear more about your strategies. When you say you arrived late, what time was it?

If anyone wants to help me plan days I would be happy to hear your thoughts. I'll start with our AK day. Sat 6/22 park hours 8-6 we are at AKL. Trying to decide if I need G+ and ILL. Also trying to decide if we want to arrive a bit later. It will be me and my 22 yr old DD.
Must do's are Safari, Lion King, Everest, Bug, Dino, Animation Station, last class at 4 so have to catch the train by 3-3:15, and we could catch Kali on the way out.
Things I am concerned about: The heat, if we do a later Safari will there be many animals out. Timing the shows, if we can do more of them that would be great 👍
So, what do you think? Would a later arrival work in this park ?

--->
Another question. What time of the day do you feel like the temperature starts dropping. If we arrive at 2-3-4 we are arriving at the worst heat of the day but temps will start dropping by 6-7? We have always been rope drop people but we often miss fireworks and the kid really wants to relax, swim, enjoy the resort and then see the fireworks on our HS and MK days.

Another question. What time of the day do you feel like the temperature starts dropping. If we arrive at 2-3-4 we are arriving at the worst heat of the day but temps will start dropping by 6-7? We have always been rope drop people but we often miss fireworks and the kid really wants to relax, swim, enjoy the resort and then see the fireworks on our HS and MK days.
In the summer temps don’t really drop much in FL. It gets slightly better once the sun goes down between 8 and 9PM but the ‘real feel’ is still often in the high 80’s and low 90’s even then.

The weather is looking to be super hot in a couple weeks when we get there. I would love to hear more about your strategies. When you say you arrived late, what time was it?

We arrived three separate evenings around 4-5pm. During the day we would either hit a park in the AM and do a midday break or do the pool around 11 am and then to the park.

Wait times are so low at the end of the night too. For example one night TSM had a posted 50 minute and was walk on.

We never rope dropped DHS the entire trip and go to do everything we wanted plus more.

We arrived three separate evenings around 4-5pm. During the day we would either hit a park in the AM and do a midday break or do the pool around 11 am and then to the park.

Wait times are so low at the end of the night too. For example one night TSM had a posted 50 minute and was walk on.

We never rope dropped DHS the entire trip and go to do everything we wanted plus more.
I think for our HS day and MK day we are leaning toward sleeping in, hitting the pool at 10-11 and then going in the parks at around 2-3. I will get G+ and ILL and use the the recommendations from this board. It is a different approach than we have used before so I guess we will see. I'm glad to hear it works!

Last edited:

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest