TDR for the Pooh Sized?

StayAwake

Mouseketeer
I'm hoping to visit TDR in November or December, and so I've started trying to absorb everything I can, but there's one question that I haven't seen addressed yet.

I have already resigned myself to the fact that there's no way I'll be able to find clothes that fit at TDR, and food isn't a worry since I'm an adventurous eater who's excited for all the cool snacks, but I'm curious about rides.

I've seen several things mention the same ride vehicles as Disney Parks in the States. I've never had a problem with anything at Disneyland or World, but I have had issues at other theme parks/amusement parks. Is there anything that seems sized to an average Japanese person that might cause problems for a pooh-sized American?

I haven't been to TDR, but have been to Disney Sea and the ride vehicles seemed to be sized the same as the other Disney Parks. They definitely were not sized smaller for the Japanese.

I am about 5'11", 300 and I was able to fit into everything. All of the ride vehicles have similar seating to the American parks. Splash Mountain's logs are similar to WDW, for two people each row. Me and my friend sat in separate rows for Splash Mountain for comfort, though we probably could have both fit in there.

The only issue anyone might have is with Raging Spirits, which has an over the shoulder harness and they want the harness to come down to a certain point. The first time I rode this, I was about 350 and I still fit. As I was entering, the cast member discreetly pulled me aside and took me to a private area with a sample seat to test if I would fit, and I did. I appreciated that it wasn't completely out in the open.

I haven't been to TDR, but have been to Disney Sea and the ride vehicles seemed to be sized the same as the other Disney Parks. They definitely were not sized smaller for the Japanese.
Thanks! That's great to know. I want to be able to experience as much as possible.

I am about 5'11", 300 and I was able to fit into everything. All of the ride vehicles have similar seating to the American parks. Splash Mountain's logs are similar to WDW, for two people each row. Me and my friend sat in separate rows for Splash Mountain for comfort, though we probably could have both fit in there.

The only issue anyone might have is with Raging Spirits, which has an over the shoulder harness and they want the harness to come down to a certain point. The first time I rode this, I was about 350 and I still fit. As I was entering, the cast member discreetly pulled me aside and took me to a private area with a sample seat to test if I would fit, and I did. I appreciated that it wasn't completely out in the open.

Thanks- that's really helpful. Sounds like Raging Spirits might be an issue for me since I carry a lot of my weight in my chest, but I'm glad to hear that there's a private area to test, instead of having to do the walk of shame in front of others. Rock'n'Rollercoaster over the shoulder harnesses at DHS are OK for me, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. And I've got 9 months to hopefully lose a few pounds/inches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter