TDBank Penny Arcade Class Action Settlement

Marionnette

Children see magic because they look for it
Those in the Philly area might recall a dust up from a few years ago where the coin counting machines at TDBank were shortchanging customers. The ensuing litigation resulted in TDBank pulling all of their Penny Arcades out of service.

Fast forward to this morning. I was checking my checking account online and I noticed a credit for PENNY ARCADE CLASS ACTION. The amount was $2.28!!!! Not even enough for a Mickey Bar!

Last edited:
U know there is a website.. links all the class action lawsuits..
class action rebates . Com. ..I think

I got $1.00 (even) in our joint checking account and $1.73 into Paypal. Have to ask DH if he got anything in his account. We'll have to combine it all to 'splurge' on something big. :rotfl2:

Me daughter got 88 cents, my other 4 kids got nothing. I’d rather have the coin counter back, even if it wasn’t perfect.

I got a check for 68 cents.

They should have a system for these class actions where any awards under say $2, are pooled and donated to charity.

I would be fine with that. Or at least have the option of you choosing that. If they put my 39 cents with your 68 cents and mjkacmom's DD's 88 cents--after a few thousand people like us, Heifer International or Give Kids the World or whatever could have a nice donation.

Well in my case I know the bank made out on the settlement. I deposited coins that were pre-counted, and several times the machine undercounted them and by more than a few cents. One time alone was over $10. The first time I thought maybe I had miscounted, but after that was careful to insure my figures were accurate. I called it out to the tellers, but at that point how do you prove it, as the coins were in the machine, combined with those of everyone before you.

Wow.... guess I'm lucky. Got $4.39!

---Paul in Southern NJ

Just logged into my TD account but no deposit; I'm in Canada so a similar class action suit was filed here but I guess it hasn't been settled yet as I can't find any current info on it. Darn it, I was really counting on that $2.45 ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter