Taylor Swift - The Eras Tour (Movie)

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
If you have seen this movie (or gone to a live show) what is your opinion? If you haven't seen it do you plan to?

Saw it. Wonderful time.
Long story, but did not pay full price. There are no discounted times on it, and it sits at a higher price for those who are not aware.

Know her very early work & 1989, Reputation and Midnights. But have no clue with Folklore & Evermore. Like nada, and still enjoyed. So not a crazed super fan - and loved it.

I thought Midnights had fantastic energy with the wrap up. But that album is the exact length of a bike route I regularly take, so it might simply be my own memories, with that album in my ear.

I purposely went when I was relatively sure it would not be sold out. Young children danced in the aisle. And teenagers sang and danced at the screen area. Was not a bother, joyful.

However some reviews talk about how this aspect was a bother. To give the other side.

I just happened to have headphones on me. I listen to crazy loud music at home & out and about, so no need for low sound. But the sound in our theatre was not the best at the volume it was at & the headphones were handy to smooth it out a bit.

Enjoy.

Edit: To be clear I would have loved to have seen her live, and not the movie. But not in my budget. Was happy to have the movie option. And for others to have it as well. It was 100% clear from the movie what an experience it was to see her live. Love her or dislike her - she sure gives it her all.

Last edited:
I was a casual Taylor Swift fan. We went to the Reputation Tour, and it was a pleasant evening. When the Eras tour was announced, I was lucky enough to win the presale lottery for our city and got tickets for DD and me. Tickets were purchased in November for a June show, so kind of forgot about it and life moved on. Listened to some songs from the set list to prepare for the show, and it was getting huge positive feedback by this point, so we were excited, but again, weren’t super fans by any stretch and I maybe knew 1/3 of the songs.

We went to the concert, and it was a life-altering, near transcendental experience. Not even kidding. The show was outstanding and the people and the vibe were so positive, it was hard not to be effected. The rest of the summer was nothing but Taylor Swift. Poor DH! Haha

We got movie tickets for opening night, and it was good, but nowhere near the actual concert. A lot of that is probably on AMC, since they added a ton of other showtimes so our theater was pretty empty and subdued by the time of our screening at 9:30.

Seeing the movie once was enough for me. I might watch bits and pieces if it ever is on a streaming platform that we have. But I am hoping to attend at least one of her newly announced shows next year. The hardest part will be finding reasonably priced tickets, since they seem to be hovering around $2k/ticket on the resale market.

The only way that I can get closer to feel the concert was watching the Eras Tour. It was really wonderful when you were on the cinema, it really feels like you were on the concert. People singing, dancing and feeling every song It was amazing, and I'm in awe of how wonderful Taylor Swift is. Seeing her on the screen makes me realized how she was the epitome of beauty, and her talent and charisma was out of this world! 100000/10 It was worth watching!!!

Nope no desire to go. I admire her actions to fans and other efforts but don’t follow her music.

I don't have any specific plans to see it, but I'd go if a friend or family member wanted to. I think it's a good idea (both in a nice to fans way and as a marketing strategy) since many fans couldn't get concert tickets.

I have no interest. I’m not into pop music and now that the kids have outgrown that music it’s not on the radar. I don’t think I’ve ever heard one of her songs.

weren’t super fans by any stretch and I maybe knew 1/3 of the songs.
This is how I felt as well and was a disappointed that she didn’t perform some of her better known songs. It was a great show all in all but if I had looked up the set lists I probably would have skipped it.

Long story, but did not pay full price. There are no discounted times on it, and it sits at a higher price for those who are not aware.
So how did you not pay full price if there are no discounted times? My wife wants to see it at AMC.

No interest and don't plan to go. Perhaps the movie is a way to capitalize on her current popularity and sell tickets for less then the cost of a live concert. I assume they interview her or she talks about his music career in addition to performing some songs? Watching her sing on a movie screen seems like it would be somewhat like the experience of watching on TV at home. No idea what the price of tickets would be and I have ZERO interest in any live concert that charges hundreds of dollars to see any performer who probably already has way more money then they could ever spend.

No interest and don't plan to go. Perhaps the movie is a way to capitalize on her current popularity and sell tickets for less then the cost of a live concert. I assume they interview her or she talks about his music career in addition to performing some songs? Watching her sing on a movie screen seems like it would be somewhat like the experience of watching on TV at home. No idea what the price of tickets would be and I have ZERO interest in any live concert that charges hundreds of dollars to see any performer who probably already has way more money then they could ever spend.
She does not do any type of interview. It is a recording of show at SoFi stadium. They cut 4-5 songs to cut the length from 3.5 hour to just under 3. Standard tickets are 19.89 which also happens to be the title of one of her albums.

She does not do any type of interview. It is a recording of show at SoFi stadium. They cut 4-5 songs to cut the length from 3.5 hour to just under 3. Standard tickets are 19.89 which also happens to be the title of one of her albums.
Yea, the year she was born.... I don't need to see it, but I admire the fact that she's offering a much cheaper opportunity for some die-hard fans who want to feel like they're at her concert!

Guessing that means they could cut a better deal this way and get more of the revenue from ticket sales.
That or this way she won't have to deal with people throwing popcorn at her directly when now they can just throw it at the screen. Swifties and their popcorn, I swear!

Reenactment popcorn:: 🍿:duck:

It’s not only a cheaper way, it’s also the only way some can see the concert. Tickets are very very hard to come by. I tried, but didn’t get chosen to purchase. I know die hard fans who have always seen her when she comes to Toronto, and they didn’t make the cut either. Totally random selection of who was chosen and it sucks for some big fans. I probably won’t go see the movie, doesn’t sound like something I would enjoy really. I’m glad the option is there for those who didn’t get tickets though.

Something that interested me about this was that she bypassed the studios entirely and went straight to AMC.
Taylor, or her management team run her business like a boss. The rules don't apply to her, she is currently the biggest star in the world and you'll do business with her that way she wants it done, or you won't be doing business with her.

It's refreshing really, after decades of artist getting screwed over by record companies, artist management, concert promoters, now the artist has the upper hand. I'd say she's re-writing the rules of the music biz, but it's contingent on one thing: The artist in question has to be as good, or at least as popular as Taylor.

Something that interested me about this was that she bypassed the studios entirely and went straight to AMC.
She also got clearance with SAG-AFTRA to avoid making Barrymore's mistake.

I went yesterday and had a blast. What a fun way to experience the concert close up.

My thoughts:

- Even if you went to the concert, you should see this film. The cinematography was GORGEOUS. Amazing camera and drone work that picked up nuances that wouldn't be seen unless you were directly on stage with Swift herself.
- Our theatre was a little more mellow and it was nice to see we weren't the oldest folks there. Some tweens got all dressed up and danced and sang. They were funny.
- I am seeing the concert in person next year in Warsaw so this was a great primer.
-It's SO nice to see a powerful woman upending so many traditionally industries like music that have so often been run by men and screwed over the artist.

-It's SO nice to see a powerful woman upending so many traditionally industries like music that have so often been run by men and screwed over the artist.
I'm an old crotchety male, and agree 200% with this statement!!! She is bold, different, and very successful. It's just pointed out way too often when it's a young woman like this. I hope her success continues for many more years, whether on stage, in the studio, or in the movie theater!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter