Target Limits # of Disney Gift Cards per transaction?

Once we have the gift cards can we just use them to pay for trip right online like a credit card transaction? Does Disney have any limits on how many cards we can enter or amounts of money? I will buy them at my food store. Get 3% cash back and can get tons of gas points

Once we have the gift cards can we just use them to pay for trip right online like a credit card transaction? Does Disney have any limits on how many cards we can enter or amounts of money? I will buy them at my food store. Get 3% cash back and can get tons of gas points
You can use Disney GC to pay online or over the phone. If you go to DisneyGiftcards.com you can combine your gc up to $1000.

I’ve been going through this same issue this week. Earlier in the week I did two orders of 5x$100 ecards. Then a couple of days later tried to get more and the transaction was declined. I called Redcard and they told me to wait for the transaction to clear my bank (debit) and then try again. I waited and it is still being declined. I called redcard again and they passed me to target.com who then passed me to gift card services. They state that the e-cards should mention that they have a limit on them and that I should use the Corporate Bulk gift card portion of target.com. When I went out there it specifically mentions that you should be a business to use it. Has anyone actually been told this and done it before?

I just paid for my entire cruise with GC purchased through Target on my Red debit. Over $6000. I purchased $100 e-cards 11, 14, 16 and 17 at a time. The only snafu I had was when I posted this OP. I waited for the money to clear my checking account, and I went ahead and purchased the next crop. I bought 17 $100 e-cards 2 weeks ago and that paid my balance in full. No problems. No business account and nobody telling me there is a limit.

You can have up to 5 Disney gift cards stored on https://www.disneygiftcard.com/, each one can hold up to $1000, which means that you can combine cards to reach that balance. You can then call in or pay online using that card. I've done this my last few trips and it worked well. Buying at Target I saved 5% on each card and ~4% at Sam's on certain card bundles. I took my savings where ever I could get them.

I just paid for my entire cruise with GC purchased through Target on my Red debit. Over $6000. I purchased $100 e-cards 11, 14, 16 and 17 at a time. The only snafu I had was when I posted this OP. I waited for the money to clear my checking account, and I went ahead and purchased the next crop. I bought 17 $100 e-cards 2 weeks ago and that paid my balance in full. No problems. No business account and nobody telling me there is a limit.

I can’t ever seem to find the Disney gift cards available on targets website. Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

I can’t ever seem to find the Disney gift cards available on targets website. Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

In the search bar on the Target website search for "disney gift cards" The options for denominations come up and also an option for a physical card which they mail to you, or an e-card that they e-mail to you within 4 hours.

In the search bar on the Target website search for "disney gift cards" The options for denominations come up and also an option for a physical card which they mail to you, or an e-card that they e-mail to you within 4 hours.

Interesting. It doesn’t come up when using the app on my phone or going to the website. Will have to try in the computer. I check every few days and nothing. First thing that comes up for me is Disney mugs when I search for Disney gift cards.

I've bought more Disney gift cards from Target than I can count. The only time I had an issue was a few months ago when a GSTL asked me why I was buying so many. I looked at her shocked for a moment and then said, for my trip in October. Well, you can't buy this in one transaction. I looked at her and said, I've done this numerous times over the past few months and never had an issue. She then said, you can do two transactions. I told her no, because a lot of times the card will be blocked because it won't let you use in that close together. Then she said, well if you know what you are using them for.

So after that I went to the other Target where my husband used to work and they know me there. Never had an issue since.

Gift card scams happens every hr all across the countrt. Biggest way to take a stolen CC number, buy gift cards, sale them for cash.

I can't speak to the Disney Gift card program and its benefits becuase I don't use it, but I'd like to provide some perspective as to why these stores are denying it and why different managers act different about some of the less typical behaviors.

It is definitely true that buying gift cards with stolen credit cards is a big scam. What's less obvious about these scams is that once the card is reported stolen, the purchaser who sold the cards are the ones who are out the money. These purchasers have different policies and implementations of those policies, and many of them involve reprimanding or even firing the employee who did the transaction or the manager on duty. And they can implement some controls in the computers to fight this, but done overzealously that's more likely to catch legit customers than scammers. In at least one store I worked in, we had a company that would only permit so many of its card to be sold per store per day, and would permit any subsequent transactions, but immediately cancel the card after payment was approved.

Target management's policy sounds like it uses human intervention to prevent scams. It sounds like it puts a lot of pressure on employees not to fall for them, so they probably get fired or disciplined for messing up. It sounds like computer controls on the cards are somewhat limited.

This doesn't make the lack of clarity on this stuff ok, but I hope it helps with your patience.

One thing to keep in mind with this is that the stolen card is not the only kind of credit card scam out there. There are scams that involve altering the cards and then waiting until they're activated to exhaust them, although that's far less common. So to a certain extent some of these policies don't just protect the store from liability, but the consumer. I'm not saying don't use whatever discounts you can get with these, but if you're not saving money on gift cards and you're not using them for gifts, it's often not the best choice to use them, especially if they aren't stored behind the counter.

I empathize with your frustration and I hope thinking about this from the retail perspective takes the edge off the frustration a little.

I buy my gift cards online with my red card. I have the actual physical gift cards shipped to my address. My Red card is attached to my target shopping account. I have bought $1000 worth weekly to pay for my trips. I have never had a problem getting the physical cards sent to me.

I buy my gift cards online with my red card. I have the actual physical gift cards shipped to my address. My Red card is attached to my target shopping account. I have bought $1000 worth weekly to pay for my trips. I have never had a problem getting the physical cards sent to me.

This makes sense to a certain extent. Whatever Disney does to prevent fraud online has to be fully or mostly automated, taking discretion out of it, and having a long, old account with a card whose information they have control of helps limit liability. What you're doing is an option people using the Red card for this deal should consider if their local stores make trouble for them.

Interesting. It doesn’t come up when using the app on my phone or going to the website. Will have to try in the computer. I check every few days and nothing. First thing that comes up for me is Disney mugs when I search for Disney gift cards.
I was getting that too. Put an amount in the search like "Disney gift card 100"....I was able to get to them that way.

What you are saying is true but this one is different. We have never put a limit on gift cards before. This is an organized ring that is working huge numbers. My store wants identification on any gift card purchases over $100. Our instructions were for Visa and Mastercard gift cards. But I don't work for Target so I can't say why their policy changed. Just thought I would throw this out there.
I almost can say what company you do work for :)

I’ve been going through this same issue this week. Earlier in the week I did two orders of 5x$100 ecards. Then a couple of days later tried to get more and the transaction was declined. I called Redcard and they told me to wait for the transaction to clear my bank (debit) and then try again. I waited and it is still being declined. I called redcard again and they passed me to target.com who then passed me to gift card services. They state that the e-cards should mention that they have a limit on them and that I should use the Corporate Bulk gift card portion of target.com. When I went out there it specifically mentions that you should be a business to use it. Has anyone actually been told this and done it before?
Ugh...I had this issue myself. The reason is because even though it has cleared your bank, Target is still waiting for things to clear on their side.

My husband and I both worked for Target and the way they do it is it's kind of like building your credit, but not. Like when you first open the red card account you're not fully vested into their system. You have to have a history of things clearing and then they will let you purchase more.

I know I'm not explaining it correctly, but think of it as Target increasing your credit limit based on good history.

Ugh...I had this issue myself. The reason is because even though it has cleared your bank, Target is still waiting for things to clear on their side.

My husband and I both worked for Target and the way they do it is it's kind of like building your credit, but not. Like when you first open the red card account you're not fully vested into their system. You have to have a history of things clearing and then they will let you purchase more.

I know I'm not explaining it correctly, but think of it as Target increasing your credit limit based on good history.
Which to me is silly since it's a debit card they are getting their funds immediatley and not waiting on payment. When i first started buying disney GCs online it would only let me do $75 at a time which was ridiculous. I called and spoke to someone who did a one time auto of $1,500. That seemed to help because next time I was able to do $300. I recently did one for $1,000 with no issues and I only started doing this 6 months ago, so it does build rather quickly.

Which to me is silly since it's a debit card they are getting their funds immediatley and not waiting on payment. When i first started buying disney GCs online it would only let me do $75 at a time which was ridiculous. I called and spoke to someone who did a one time auto of $1,500. That seemed to help because next time I was able to do $300. I recently did one for $1,000 with no issues and I only started doing this 6 months ago, so it does build rather quickly.
Technically they don’t get it immediately. It’s done as a check type of transaction. So it does take a few days to clear.

I was able to buy 10 $50 gift cards at a Target store near my house, using my Red Card ccI actually went to the Customer Service desk 1st to make a payment, then got the cards and took them to the register with no problems at all

So the reason stores have limits on gift cards, has little to do with stock numbers and has more to do with money laundering. I use to work at a target in CT and we had a monetary limit, based on a high number of people laundering money using gift cards. That's why different stores have different (or no) policies.

^^ I agree. This thread was started in 2017 and what may have been true then might no longer be true. More stores are getting wise to the whole money laundering thing and placing various controls to prevent that.

Just give up on target, sams club has good deals
Or swagbucks with your best buy qr code gets you money back I got visa gc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter