• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Target Giftcards 10% off Sunday 12/2

Keeping my fingers crossed we'll be able to do multiple purchases. I'm buying 21 $10 gift cards for students and teachers in the Paradise, California school district on behalf of our PTA and another $40 from myself. But I hope to be able to buy some for myself to use!

What a great thing to do! Online, you can do multiple orders under different accounts (different e-mails). Might have to use different credit cards too.

Bought mine for mobile delivery. I still have a 20% coupon so plan on finishing up Christmas and stocking up on household goods.

I plan to go in, buy $300 worth on one credit card, go shopping using it and my 20% discount, and then buy another $300 worth using a different credit card when I check out that order.
That should work, right?

I plan to go in, buy $300 worth on one credit card, go shopping using it and my 20% discount, and then buy another $300 worth using a different credit card when I check out that order.
That should work, right?
You cannot use them until tomorrow.

A couple of days ago DS found $120 in Target GC's left over from last year's sale that he hadn't spent, plus I had a $50 Target GC purchased on Black Friday to get the 20% coupon. We really didn't need any more, but Safeway had a Just4U deal for $15 off the purchase of two $100 Visa gift cards. I bought two of those yesterday with my Amex BCP card that gives me 6% cash rewards at grocery stores. Even paying the $5.95 activation fee per card, I still came out ahead with a 7.5% return. We each used one at Target to buy a $111.11 Target gift card so we could use up the entire $100 Visa gift card. I'll use those along with the 20% coupon later this week to stock up on enough toiletries, paper goods, non-perishable grocery items, etc. to last us for a long time.

So is it just Disney gc's that Target won't let you buy with their gc's? Can you buy say Carnival gc's from Target with them...:rolleyes1 Thanks

Thanks for letting me know.

I may hold off on using that 20% off coupon until next weekend now.

i used mine yesterday-unless their stores are planning on seriously restocking holiday decorations and such they are running on slim supplies (as was walmart when i went yesterday as well, the garden area which was piled high with back stock of decorations a week ago was pretty much cleared out).

So is it just Disney gc's that Target won't let you buy with their gc's? Can you buy say Carnival gc's from Target with them...:rolleyes1 Thanks

From Target's website...

Target GiftCards can’t be used to purchase the following:
  • American Express, Visa, or Mastercard gift cards or prepaid cards in store or from Target.com
  • Specialty gift cards in store or from Target.com, including gift cards for gaming, music and restaurants, such as Xbox and Olive Garden
  • Target GiftCards from Target.com

i used mine yesterday-unless their stores are planning on seriously restocking holiday decorations and such they are running on slim supplies (as was walmart when i went yesterday as well, the garden area which was piled high with back stock of decorations a week ago was pretty much cleared out).

I was able to use mine today to stock up on canned goods, frozen food, and toiletries, as well as regular weekend shopping. $60 saved using the 20% off coupons, plus $30 off the $300 in gift cards I bought. Not bad, as long as I use everything I bought.

Anyone know if
1. I can print out an email gift card and have the recipient use that? I want for my kids’ teachers but don’t want to have to email to them.
2. Can you use the 20% off coupon online AND in store? Or is it a once coupon? I thought I did that last year. Thanks.

Anyone know if
1. I can print out an email gift card and have the recipient use that? I want for my kids’ teachers but don’t want to have to email to them.
2. Can you use the 20% off coupon online AND in store? Or is it a once coupon? I thought I did that last year. Thanks.

Yes to both.

Any advantage to buying a e-gift card vs a plastic gift card? I mostly shop in store for basics like laundry detergent, but I'm going to buy my discounted GCs online tonight. There's an option for email delivery or postal delivery.

Does anyone know if I choose the email option if I can convert it to a physical gift card in store? It seems easier to carry around a GC than an email printout.

Anyone know if

Yes to both.

you might want to check on this. i thought when i printed mine up to use it yesterday it said it was a ONE TIME ONLY USE, could not be duplicated b/c EACH ONE handed out or e-mailed during the promotion has it's own unique scan code on it (like their gift cards) so when i used it that voided it for future uses.

you might want to check on this. i thought when i printed mine up to use it yesterday it said it was a ONE TIME ONLY USE, could not be duplicated b/c EACH ONE handed out or e-mailed during the promotion has it's own unique scan code on it (like their gift cards) so when i used it that voided it for future uses.

There were reports in the Disney Gift Card Deals thread that it worked just like in year's past. Once in store and once online only.

I used mine both online and in store on Friday. If you use it in store first, take a pic or write down the online code, because they will take the coupon after they scan it.

Does anyone know if Target is considered a department store for Citi Dividend Card purposes? They are giving 5% off this quarter for department stores. Thanks!
My Disney Visa considers Target a grocery store.

I used mine both online and in store on Friday. If you use it in store first, take a pic or write down the online code, because they will take the coupon after they scan it.

from what i can see there are 2 coupons floating out there-the one that's only good in store (one and done use) and the one that's good online OR in store-but their website says it's also a one time use only "Valid one-time use only. Limit one identical coupon per guest". now i know target has some fine print on their site about how they will void some on-line orders if they find out that someone is exceeding their promotional offers/coupon restrictions so i would just be worried that if i used one in store THEN on-line when the big old red data base realizes the one on line was already used in the store i might end up with a cancelled or higher cost order (there's already been allot of complaints online about orders being cancelled several days after the fact b/c they oversold some items).

Any advantage to buying a e-gift card vs a plastic gift card? I mostly shop in store for basics like laundry detergent, but I'm going to buy my discounted GCs online tonight. There's an option for email delivery or postal delivery.

Does anyone know if I choose the email option if I can convert it to a physical gift card in store? It seems easier to carry around a GC than an email printout.
I had mine sent to my phone. From there you can add it to the app if you want. Same with an email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter