Talking to Bernard

Pooh nut

Earning My Ears
So....after several months of delay due to family business I am going to talk to Bernard today about buying SSR points. As best as I can tell I need about 210 points or so. We plan on going every other year for 9 or so days around the end of May or early June.
Does this number look close (points) for that long of a stay? With banking and borrowing. Only one weekend.
I would love to hold out for the Contemporary but....alas.....I like SSR.:thumbsup2
For what its worth we always stayed at the Poly. 2 rooms with lagoon view. :scared: SoI really think this will cut down on those cost.
Any ideas will really help. My DW will have heart failure if we pay the cost for the Poly again this summer.
Most of my questions have been answered elsewhere on the Dis.
Really just looking for some reassurance from the DVC vets.
Fantastic site BTW.:cool1:

I'm guessing that Bernard is your guide (possibly Bernard Lebeaupin, who is my guide too).

The guides are probably quite busy today, so if you have to leave a message be patient while waiting for him to get back to you. This is the first day that they're able to sell AKV, so it may take a while.

Be assured, my husband LOVES the idea that we don't have to pay for a room any more. It's the best decision I ever made.

If and when the Contemporary DVC becomes available, you can always add on.

......(snip).......Be assured, my husband LOVES the idea that we don't have to pay for a room any more. ....(snip).....
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: ;) How did you ever convince him of that?

If I ever suggested to my DH that the DVC rooms were now free, I'd have to listen to a very long lecture on the time value of money, opportunity cost and annual dues! :rotfl2: :rotfl: ;) ;) ;) ;)

I'm guessing that Bernard is your guide (possibly Bernard Lebeaupin, who is my guide too).

The guides are probably quite busy today, so if you have to leave a message be patient while waiting for him to get back to you. This is the first day that they're able to sell AKV, so it may take a while.

Be assured, my husband LOVES the idea that we don't have to pay for a room any more. It's the best decision I ever made.

If and when the Contemporary DVC becomes available, you can always add on.

I will add on if the Contemporary ever happens.

Say hi to Bernard from Blakely in New Jersey! He is great as I am sure you already know. We just purchased 150 points at SSR with the intentions of going every other year with enough points to bank for a short trip the in-between year if we want.

You are starting out slow, which is smart, because there is something going around called "addonitis". I am not sure what it is but DH would hate it if I caught it!:thumbsup2

Good luck--let us know the outcome!

So....after several months of delay due to family business I am going to talk to Bernard today about buying SSR points. As best as I can tell I need about 210 points or so. We plan on going every other year for 9 or so days around the end of May or early June.
Does this number look close (points) for that long of a stay? With banking and borrowing. Only one weekend.
I would love to hold out for the Contemporary but....alas.....I like SSR.:thumbsup2
For what its worth we always stayed at the Poly. 2 rooms with lagoon view. :scared: SoI really think this will cut down on those cost.
Any ideas will really help. My DW will have heart failure if we pay the cost for the Poly again this summer.
Most of my questions have been answered elsewhere on the Dis.
Really just looking for some reassurance from the DVC vets.
Fantastic site BTW.:cool1:

I purchased 175 points at SSR and plan on the first two weeks in June for our traveling. I avoid the Memorial Day week because of the celebration during that time. This year means that a couple days of our 10 day stay is into the higher Magic season. We are splitting our stay: 1st 5 days at SSR, Friday over at Kennedy Space Center, then back Saturday for another 5 days at OKW. Both stays in a 2br villa. This totals 336 points so I have 14 points leftover to bank. If I stayed 10 straight days at SSR, I think that would be 388 points, and 9 days at BCV would be 388. Your 210 points should be plenty for the current DVC's, it's just how does it fit into the new AKV points and if you can make ressies there at the 7 month mark.

POOH NUT:

I sent you a PM with more info for you to use in your planning.

We took the "Open House" tour of SSR on Tuesday and Bernard was the one to lead us around. Called him on Wednesday and bought 250 points :) Great guy.

He was rather busy today. But we got the ball rolling and will touch base with him tomorrow.
I will hopefully have the good news to post tomorrow.
I will be in court all morning but should have an answer after lunch. Mardi Gras starts here in ernest tomorrow night so no more court dates for a while ( at least for me ). The parades run by the courthouse. Traffic hell.
Anyway (returning from my ramble).
I am really excited. :goodvibes
Thanks for all the replies.
Looking forward to many happy nights of Dis-ing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter