Tables in Wonderland, worth it?

Hi there! This is my first post here.
I go to Disney only once or twice a year. This year was the first time I got the card and it was more than worth it. I was there for 2 weeks with about 10 people though :)
I think if you plan to eat at a Disney establishment at least 2x per month you'll get the value back and more.

So you have to spend $750 to earn the $150 value back. (20% of 750 is 150) after you’ve spent 750 you are actually saving after spending the initial 150.

Hope that makes sense:)

True...but also remember that if you have the AP, you'd normally get 10% back without paying for TiW, so you'd need to get up to $1500 for the breakeven. (something like .9x=.8x + 150 , x = 1500 -- and its too early in the morning for me to know if I set that up right)

And that isn't necessarily right, since there are other TiW benefits described above -- discounts on alcohol, valet parking if you need it, location list doesn't match completely, etc.

True...but also remember that if you have the AP, you'd normally get 10% back without paying for TiW, so you'd need to get up to $1500 for the breakeven. (something like .9x=.8x + 150 , x = 1500 -- and its too early in the morning for me to know if I set that up right)

And that isn't necessarily right, since there are other TiW benefits described above -- discounts on alcohol, valet parking if you need it, location list doesn't match completely, etc.

Lol me too! I’m still up in the air about purchasing this trip too but I think the alcohol factor might push me to do it. I mean who can survive Disney with two kids in August without a beer to keep me from melting(and sane lol)!!

So you have to spend $750 to earn the $150 value back. (20% of 750 is 150) after you’ve spent 750 you are actually saving after spending the initial 150.

Hope that makes sense:)

Yup, this is the basic math. But it gets EASY if one does what my wife and I do....

16 days per year, every evening at a SIG. This may NOT be your pattern.
On our pattern? Average $80 per plate, $160-$220 total, we would have tipped 20% anyway.... TIW allows us to funnel the 20% we WOULD have paid anyway, right back to the STAFF. So? We save a totally clear $500-$600 plus per year. It gets BETTER with larger groups, at SIGS.

Now - don't tip? Do not go to SIGS? Calculate your savings. We will be getting our TIW Card every year, as we have for 12 years. Just us, All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

As many have said, you have to crunch the numbers. It comes down to how often you will visit, where you will eat and whether you will be purchasing alcohol.
If you have an AP or other discount, you need to take that into account to.
The year they increased the AP discount to 20%, the TIW card did not make sense for us. Other years, it does.
We go twice a year and time our trips so the AP and TIW are good for 3 trips.

I’m going to WDW for 6 days in November with my wife. For 3 of those days, we’ll be with our family for a total group of 13. There’s 9 adults and 4 children. I’m the one doing all the planning and everything’s going to my wristband ;) We are having a number of meals together so I’m wondering what happens if you use TIW for a large group. I’ve read conflicting information, with some saying they can split the bill and elsewhere that it won’t be accepted. The rules state that it covers groups of up to 10. FWIW the 13 of us will be eating at Garden Grill for a character breakfast (where we are split across two tables, 8-5, ugh), Liberty Tree and 50s Prime Time. Has anyone had any experience using TIW with a large group? (Note that getting a second one is not an option since I’ll be the only one with an AP)

I’m going to WDW for 6 days in November with my wife. For 3 of those days, we’ll be with our family for a total group of 13. There’s 9 adults and 4 children. I’m the one doing all the planning and everything’s going to my wristband ;) We are having a number of meals together so I’m wondering what happens if you use TIW for a large group. I’ve read conflicting information, with some saying they can split the bill and elsewhere that it won’t be accepted. The rules state that it covers groups of up to 10. FWIW the 13 of us will be eating at Garden Grill for a character breakfast (where we are split across two tables, 8-5, ugh), Liberty Tree and 50s Prime Time. Has anyone had any experience using TIW with a large group? (Note that getting a second one is not an option since I’ll be the only one with an AP)

Limit of 10 people get the discount.

The person holding the AP has to pay the entire bill. No splitting checks.

Limit of 10 people get the discount.

The person holding the AP has to pay the entire bill. No splitting checks.

Thanks. This I understand, but what happens when you walk in with 11 (or in my case 13) people? They apply the discount to 10 of the 13 meals? Or don’t give you any discount at all?

What I had read before about splitting checks was that the check was split into a group of 10 (with discount applied) and a separate check for the rest (with no discount applied).

Can someone confirm whether I can call and purchase Tables in Wonderland or is it only available at the parks or Disney Springs?

They will not apply the discount to more than 10 people. Separate 3 of the kids (age 3-9) out on a different check because their meals will be the cheapest. They will allow you to do this. The cardholder must pay the discounted check, but you can pay the other check as well if you want.

Yes you can call and purchase it. However, there are mixed results regarding purchasing by phone with a DVC membership. They either are unable to verify the DVC membership or need extra time to do so. If you have AP or are a Florida resident you may have an easier time purchasing by phone. Note, however, that the clock starts running on the membership when you have purchased it, not when you first use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!