tables in wonderland for large parties

Yes, TiW can be used for groups up to 10 people per each card. However, the cardholder must be the one to pay to get the discount. Also remember that using the TiW card will automatically add an 18% tip to the bill.

Ghatar is correct. The bill can not be spilt. The persons whose name is on the card must be present and be the one to pay.

You'll need your driver's license along with the TiW card.

Now that you say this, I realize that we never were asked for a driver's license or other ID beyond the credit card or MB we (DH) used when we used TiW. He kept leaving his driver's license behind at the hotel so every time he wanted to buy something using AP discount at a store, he had to have me purchase it, put it on the MB (linked to his CC anyway) and use my AP and driver's license. So I know that he was never asked for his driver's license at restaurants when using TiW because he didn't have it with him. Of course, if you're supposed to have show it, it's best to have it with you in case someone does ask. I'll have to remember to make sure he has it with him next time.

Never been asked for a driver's license in the many years we have used it

While the CM’s are not 100% consistent we have, on occasion, been ask for both the TIW card and my drivers license. I personally would rather be safe than sorry and always carry both.

We used Tables Card on our past two trips. The first trip I wasn't given any issue. On our last trip a cast member at Mama Melrose did balk when I gave her 3 credit cards for the bill. We typically use the tables card and split the bill down the middle. We don't separate the check by the order but just split it evenly. One other cast member at Be Our Guest for dinner said its a "Grey area" since we arn't typically asking them to separate the check.

Isn't one of the TiW conditions that the member pays the entire check? It would be understandable that a server balks at being expected to violate this condition.

On our last trip a cast member at Mama Melrose did balk when I gave her 3 credit cards for the bill. We typically use the tables card and split the bill down the middle. We don't separate the check by the order but just split it evenly. One other cast member at Be Our Guest for dinner said its a "Grey area" since we arn't typically asking them to separate the check.
From the TiW page on the DisneyWorld website:
  • Tables in Wonderland memberships are nontransferable. In order to apply the discount, the Tables in Wonderland member must be in attendance during the meal; present their Tables in Wonderland membership card, along with a driver’s license or state ID; and pay for the meal.
  • Credit cards that are used for payment must match the name on the Tables in Wonderland card and the state identification.
While you weren't asking for separate checks the TiW rules do state that the TiW cardholder is responsible for paying the entire bill so by presenting three credit cards it was clear to the server at Mama Melrose that more than one person was paying.

Correct, this is easily solved by charging the meal back to the room and the other couples paying us instead of the restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter