T shirt making

For years I would iron on designs. I tried every type of transfer but for some reason some would stay after washing and just as many didn't. I invested in a Cricut machine and the difference is amazing. You can iron on vinyl but my favorite is to make a stencil and fabric paint it on. If you stick with the iron on shirts my only advice is to not do a large solid design. I made the mistake of putting a large design on our shirts and everyone in our group complained of how hot the shirts were. Have a great trip and happy designing.

I have a Cricut too and have made several shirts (mostly for a friend of mine) but I've never done the stencil and fabric paint. How does that work?

I saw the kit for screen printing today at hobby lobby. It was 49.00 but you can get it for 40% off.
So I watched the YouTube video. It looks like a lot of steps. I am thinking about it. I have a year to mess around with it. I guess my kids can have a ton of summer shirts for trial. Has anyone done it?

I have a Cricut too and have made several shirts (mostly for a friend of mine) but I've never done the stencil and fabric paint. How does that work?
I usually go to Walmart and buy the cheapest contact paper I can find. I cut my design on the contact paper. The contact paper stencils stick nicely to the shirt and keep the lines nice and sharp. They are also great if you have a multi layer design. You can now get creative and paint. I buy fabric paint but have found the .50 cent bottles of acrylic paint work great and you are able to find a ton of colors. The only thing to remember with acrylic paint is to not put it on heavy or it becomes stiff. I've passed old shirts down the line(we have 4 girls)that I've made for Disney and they wear them around the house to play in. The color does not fade or fade very little and they do not wash off. For our family reunion trip I made 80 shirts and they turned out awesome. One advantage of paint over iron on is the shirt stays cooler. The men in our group claimed some shirts with large iron on decals were hot and did not breath. Men!!!!

I saw the kit for screen printing today at hobby lobby. It was 49.00 but you can get it for 40% off.
So I watched the YouTube video. It looks like a lot of steps. I am thinking about it. I have a year to mess around with it. I guess my kids can have a ton of summer shirts for trial. Has anyone done it?
I used a kit I bought from Michaels several years ago. I know I spent more than 49.00 but I believe it was a new thing at the time. My screen worked BUT it was A LOT of work. I usually have several shirts to make with different designs and it took forever for me to get one done. I remember having to buy several different things for it and the price grew. I'm not trying to discourage you as I'm sure they work better now than they did years ago. I'm trying to remember but I believe it came with a machine and the screen was really difficult to clean for the next design. I'd love to know how it works so please check back in when you complete one.

I used a kit I bought from Michaels several years ago. I know I spent more than 49.00 but I believe it was a new thing at the time. My screen worked BUT it was A LOT of work. I usually have several shirts to make with different designs and it took forever for me to get one done. I remember having to buy several different things for it and the price grew. I'm not trying to discourage you as I'm sure they work better now than they did years ago. I'm trying to remember but I believe it came with a machine and the screen was really difficult to clean for the next design. I'd love to know how it works so please check back in when you complete one.

I will do that, I was thinking one color would be easier

I found a super cute shirt design on etsy, but it's just a digital file.
I was looking up what to do with the file.
I could do the transfer and iron on. I am afraid it will look bad or not wash well. What's the best and affordable way to make shirts.
I looked up some websites but I only need 5.
I can help you out with what you need. If your planning on coming to Disney my family and I are there all the time. I can make the shirts for you and deliver them to you at the park or ship them to your home or if your staying at a resort I can have them sent there and wait for you when you get there.

Thanks for your advice. Actually, I’d like to get your recommendations on a kit for cutting lino. It’s too specific, but I’ve not found a better thread for that. TIA!!

Hey, there. My son makes great custom T-shirts, btw. I’ll share them with you as soon as he finishes making one. Sometimes he uses his lino cutting kit for that (yeah, he’s a really creative guy, actually).

Mickey Mouse and Star Wars are copyrighted images. I doubt you have acquired the rights to print them on your own shirts. Feel free to make your own t-shirt design, but don't steal other people's intellectual property.

-Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter