SWGE, will this be an incentive for a new contract purchase with DVC?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Will Disney try to somehow tie a direct purchase of DVC points or throw in say a lot of fast passes or easy entry into SWGE in August and/or through out the Fall with the purchase of a certain number of points on a new contract directly with Disney?

theoretically if they did this -- you could sign on the dotted line while you're there -- then ride the SW:GE with whatever perks -- and then go back and rescind the purchase during your 10 day cooling off period.

I'm wondering if there are laws about what incentives can be given to purchase a timeshare. @drusba -- do you know if there are any restrictions to prevent them from Disney granting a VIP tour or something similar in exchange for purchasing DVC?

theoretically if they did this -- you could sign on the dotted line while you're there -- then ride the SW:GE with whatever perks -- and then go back and rescind the purchase during your 10 day cooling off period.

I'm wondering if there are laws about what incentives can be given to purchase a timeshare. @drusba -- do you know if there are any restrictions to prevent them from Disney granting a VIP tour or something similar in exchange for purchasing DVC?
I would assume they can do something to make it work legally. Pretty sure when they initially sold OKW back in the day the contracts all got an incentive that you got Tickets for some people on your stay for something like 9 years, I believe. That was a huge incentive back then. However, I think the days of seeing incentives like this are over and likely won't happen in this case with SW:GE. DVC is on doing well right now and probably needs no incentive to sell the resort. If a down-turn happens maybe they add the incentive but considering they didn't do anything major in 2008-2010 I'm guessing we won't see anything here.

Edit: Found it in the POS for OKW. Went on until December 31, 1999

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    86 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Such a benefit would be governed by the "incidental benefits" provision of Florida timeshare law, §721.05. Mainly, giving such a benefit to a new purchaser is allowed as long as the requirements of that section are met. The requirements mainly deal with assuring that the purchaser does not pay extra for the benefit and is not given the impression that the incidental benefit is something more than it is – a sales promotion that the developer could easily take away. Also, the benefit offered cannot be something paid for out the dues of the members and the total incidental benefits offered cannot, at the time of sale, be valued at more than 15% of the purchase price paid by the purchaser (and in determining that value it would be presumed that the benefit will not last any longer than three years if a shorter time is not mentioned or necessarily implied).

DVD can offer any incentive that they want but will only do so if it's necessary to make their sales quotas.

In the past we have received developer points to use on a reservation, price discounts, and a 7 night Disney cruise.

:earsboy: Bill

DVC doesn't have a blank slate to provide FP+ to anything they choose. Even the tour incentive FP+ are via arrangements with the Parks division.

I doubt they'll be able to offer FP+ that cover GE.

If Disney offers a paid FP+ option for SWGE, perhaps DVD will offer that as an incentive. However, I don't expect any incentives until they see if Riviera sales are meeting their expectations.

to be fair...OP said to "purchase" DVC. Those FPs you mention are merely for attending a tour.
DVC gives you a backpack for a direct purchase now. Don’t think they will ever give more than a small bag of some sort. I have 3 of them ( one tote and 2 backpacks).

DVC gives you a backpack for a direct purchase now. Don’t think they will ever give more than a small bag of some sort. I have 3 of them ( one tote and 2 backpacks).

Yeah. GE access is a mighty big upgrade from a magnet (costs a buck, tops) and a backpack (depending on volume purchased, they are under $10).

I didn’t get another tote bag on my last add on. I need to call my guide!

I didn’t get another tote bag on my last add on. I need to call my guide!
Oh no, better call them. Ours came in the Fed Ex box with the contact to sign. We buy direct just to get the totes and backpacks. Why save money on resale when you get free totes. The totes are embroidered so at least it the embroidered stuff will last, compared to a sticker or dye. We had reasons to add on direct and no it was not for the free totes.

Last edited:
The Parks Division gives out 'Universal' Fast Passes, good on ANYTHING, under certain conditions, SOMETIMES. Such as if your ride, that you have a current Fast Pass for, breaks down. It seems that they can quite easily create Fast Passes out of thin air. I think they would do a certain number of the, if DVC just asked.

The Parks Division gives out 'Universal' Fast Passes, good on ANYTHING, under certain conditions, SOMETIMES. Such as if your ride, that you have a current Fast Pass for, breaks down. It seems that they can quite easily create Fast Passes out of thin air. I think they would do a certain number of the, if DVC just asked.
Not necessarily for GE...

Yeah this is generally true, though they are somewhat tiered and not good for anything. Generally the following rides are excluded: 7DMT, Frozen, FoP, Na'vi River, TSL. However, in your broke down example your ride won't be excluded even though it was mentioned above. The only time I have seen a FastPass good for everything (with no restrictions) was if there was a problem on one of the excluded rides and you were entitled to have ridden that ride (waited in line or had a FP) and even then it was only good for that park and that park only.

It should be noted that the FastPass isn't created out of thin air in these cases it is still diminishing the Standby or FastPass line capacity. One of those suffers, which might be the limitation that the Parks division wouldn't be willing to do nor does the Park division need to support DVC nor does DVC need to support the Park division each is operating well independent of each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter