Sweet Sundays Review

yearbook50

Mouseketeer<br><font color=darkorchid>I gave all o
On October 15th, my mother and I attended the Sweet Sundays at noon. Keegan Gerhard was the guest chef.

When we were invited in, there was an open seating of tables of 8 or 10 with a nice set up like so:

ec6eac48.jpg

It was advertised to have a lite lunch served before the meal. It wasn't so lite and well to me it wasn't lunch. It was a buffet with more of a brunch than a lunch. I had the salad and the bacon. It was fine. My mother had the quishe. She enjoyed it.

They served a glass of Martini&Rossi Prosecco wine. This was a nice sweet sparkling wine. Very light. It worked well to have for a brunch meal.

The first dessert was served was the Peach Lavender Bellini and Chocolate Sable.

ec6eab76.jpg

There was actually a choice between a peach or an apricot Bellini. I do not like apricots, neither does my mother so we both went with the peach. The chocolate sable was a very rich cookie that was half dipped in chocolate. I enjoyed this; however, my mother thought it was too rich. The bellini complimented the sable well.

Keegan got off topic and some and told us how much he loves strudel. So he passed strudel around for us all to have a piece. It was fine. Just rather random.

The next dessert was the Tiramisu "Cocktail."
ec6eaac5.jpg

This was one of the best Tiramisu's I've ever had. The only thing I was not fond of was the chocolate coated espresso beans at the bottom. Mainly, no one at my table was expecting them. The looks on our faces were priceless whenever someone bite into one.

ec6eaa55.jpg

The coffee granita. It complimented the cocktail of the tiramisu.

At this point, Keegan was explaining the different kinds of sable doughs. Pieces of raw dough were given out to each of us to try. It had a hint of citrus zest, which worked well.

The third dessert we had was the Fond Farewell.
ec6ea9e2.jpg

The orange thing is a pate de Fruit made of Apricots. I did not like it but then again I dont like Apricots. When Keegan was showing us how to make this, he said he usually picks the grumpiest looking person in the room to help him. Well, I guess who he picked was really grumpy. She threw a scene when she was selected and refused to go up there. Keegan was kinda shocked at the whole thing and just did it himself. Most of us sat there in shock at that.

There was a cookie made out of the dough we had tasted raw before. It had a chocolate caramel on top. With a pretzel ontop of the caramel.

The third dessert we weren't really told what it was. It was left over from the Party for the Senses from the night before. I enjoyed it. I think I tasted passion fruit for the middle portion of the dessert.

Overall, I would recommend people to attend this event. Keegan did get off track some but it was all in good fun. We found out he's marrying one of his helpers, Lisa, in a special that will be on the Food Network in the upcoming year.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for sharing the review and pics, looks yummy! :butterfly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter