• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SURVIVOR 39: ISLAND OF THE IDOLS premieres Sept. 25, 2019

I really didn't like the 4 people that got to see their loved ones, labeling the people backon the beach as losers. That's unnecessarily cruel - show some grace - you're actually sitting with your loved one so being a jerk in that moment says a lot about who they truly are as people. Don't want any of those 4 to win.

We’re still watching, but I really think it’s one of the worst seasons ever. The best parts are Sandra and Rob being snarky at tribal council.
I wish they would show more Boston Rob and Sandra.

These two are the only reasons we are sticking with the season after the merge episode in my house. I have to wonder if they will address the issue at the live reunion show or if CBS will keep them from commenting on it.

These two are the only reasons we are sticking with the season after the merge episode in my house. I have to wonder if they will address the issue at the live reunion show or if CBS will keep them from commenting on it.
I kindof hope not. DO you really want to hear Dan give another "apology"? Seems like everyone on the island is OK with him getting away with it - why give him any more air time?

According to interviews the castaways were unaware of how badly Dan acted. The “group talk” consisted of “if there are any issues, talk with the producers”.

So as far as the contestants were concerned, everything related to Dan was just gameplay.

According to interviews the castaways were unaware of how badly Dan acted. The “group talk” consisted of “if there are any issues, talk with the producers”.

So as far as the contestants were concerned, everything related to Dan was just gameplay.
The problem as I see it is that if you replace "in order to advance in the game" with "in order to advance in your career" as a reason to put up with it, then that would be a fire able offense ITRW. Dan really shouldn't be given a voice in the matter. Unfortunately, since it is the main water-cooler topic from this season, I expect a ton of time will be given to it on the reunion show.

No argument from me. Dan should've been pulled from the game.

But it's easy for us to say this based on what we've seen. Unfortunately, the contestants can only react based on what information they've been given, which is little. And the ones that have spoken up about it? On the jury, unable to speak up at TC.

I kindof hope not. DO you really want to hear Dan give another "apology"? Seems like everyone on the island is OK with him getting away with it - why give him any more air time?

Not particularly however since the show made the edit such a BIG part of the merge episodes and with the statements from Missy, Elizabeth and Aron it would be very odd for them to just gloss over it entirely.

I missed it, as usual, but just read a recap. Dang! I wonder if we’ll ever know what happened.

Guess somebody’s getting the Brandon Hantz treatment at the finale (ie they won’t be there)

(edit) or maybe they will. They announced that the reunion show will be taped. I'd assume that is in case things get out of hand or someone says something CBS doesn't want to hear.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter