Surprise! Your low ball offer has been accepted!

TexasChick123

Always Dreaming of Our Next Vacation
DVC Silver
So I made an extremely low ball offer on an SSR contract. It isn't our favorite resort (we're MK resort snobs), but it is much cheaper than most of the others and has a decent expiration date. The thinking behind this was to use these points to stay at SSR sometimes but more to sleep around at different resorts with them. We want to use our BLT and VGF points to only stay at those resorts. I looked into adding on a small amount BLT points, but they are just too high right now for my taste. To my complete and utter shock, the SSR offer was accepted! Realize this is a good $10-$15pp lower than anything else I have seen in a while. Now, I am having a hard time accepting this because I honestly thought there was no way this offer would be accepted. Can you tell I don't handle surprises well? Let's be honest, the chances of Disney taking another one of my contracts is extremely high. They love the deals I negotiate for them. I have told myself to stop second guessing it, and if it is meant to be, then it will be. :)

Good luck! Not needing to buy right away puts you in a great position to bargain and get a good deal :-) DVD seems to love taking SSR contracts, but you never know when one will slip through!

We will know in 24 hours if this deal is moving on to ROFR. I learned my lesson last year, a few times, that if sellers take more than a day to even sign a contract, the whole process will be dragged out and more painful than it needs to be. I don't want to miss out on another contract when I think this one has an extremely high likelihood of being taken because the sellers are slow to respond. I'll update if it is indeed signed and sent to ROFR. :)

My low ball offer ($10-15 less than going rate) was accepted a few years ago. Never say never. I predict you’ll pass ROFR and congrats to you!!!

HAHAHA! I am impressed by your negotiating skills. Teach me your ways, master...

(Good luck with ROFR!)

I still think I got pretty good deals on my contracts, but I have never had one taken in ROFR, which makes me think I *could* go lower. I sense an MK or BWV add on in the future. But maybe next year or so.

HAHAHA! I am impressed by your negotiating skills. Teach me your ways, master...

(Good luck with ROFR!)

I still think I got pretty good deals on my contracts, but I have never had one taken in ROFR, which makes me think I *could* go lower. I sense an MK or BWV add on in the future. But maybe next year or so.

Thank you. I wish I could tell you that there was some intense negotiating on this one, and I am a master. However, I just put in the offer, and they accepted it. I hope that means it was meant to be and not that I am just wasting time and finding deals for Disney once again...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter