Surf and Turf Disney Style…..30 days of food on land and at sea! 06/16 WPE

FONT="Arial Black"]

We already have used some of our points for BLT in February. Next points will be spent on OKW in August.
And may I add that we absolutely LOVED staying at BLT! Being able to just walk over to the MK was awesome!

Ooh so exciting :cool1:
We've never stayed at BLT, we never really like the 'feel' of the place when we have just visited the resort but I can totally see that the walk to MK may well change my mind
We'll have to try it one day :thumbsup2

Congratulations on buying DVC. :) I think it's the best thing we ever did. It guarantees us a vacation every year and we took 3 cruises on points.

I have my parents booked at the Wave for dinner. I did it because you always have good things to say about it. I'm sure they will like it.

WE lost most of our Denny's around here, but they are pretty decent. I used to love the Hot fudge cake...When I was pregnant for Michale...many moons ago...I craved that all the time!

This is one of Rachel's favorite snack. (of course there are many favorites) We bring many back for her, my mom and her teacher who also love them.

:woohoo: I love anything coconut too! And I knew they had to be good, they were Mickey shaped .... ;) :rotfl2:
We did bring some home too. Only difference, - I did NOT share them. :lmao:

Ooh so exciting :cool1:
We've never stayed at BLT, we never really like the 'feel' of the place when we have just visited the resort but I can totally see that the walk to MK may well change my mind
We'll have to try it one day :thumbsup2

I am sure BLT is not for everyone. We love that it does not have that hotel feel. It feels much more like a condo, which makes me feel like we actually "live" next to WDW. :laughing:
And you cannot beat the location - walking over to the MK is just the best thing to do! :goodvibes

Congratulations on buying DVC. :) I think it's the best thing we ever did. It guarantees us a vacation every year and we took 3 cruises on points.

I actually always thought DVC was not worth it for us, but once it was all laid out for is it DID make sense. And we had just inherited a little money, so what better way to invest it than in Disney. ;)

I have my parents booked at the Wave for dinner. I did it because you always have good things to say about it. I'm sure they will like it.

WE lost most of our Denny's around here, but they are pretty decent. I used to love the Hot fudge cake...When I was pregnant for Michale...many moons ago...I craved that all the time!

I am sure they are going to love the Wave. Tell them to have dessert - those little tasting desserts are sooooooo good! :thumbsup2
Denny's was my first taste of American food (apart from McD, but we have that in Austria too).
We really and truely enjoyed it and a visit to Denny's is like a cruise down memory lane.
Sorry you lost most of your Denny's. I hope they keep the ones in Florida open! ;)

Day 29, September 10

Columbia Harbour House

Around midday we headed to Columbia Harbour House to have one more in park counter service.
We had read about the

IMG_2818.jpg

Lobster Roll - served with potato chips. This was the first ever lobster roll we had tried and we thought it was pretty good. :thumbsup2
It came with

IMG_2819.jpg

a bag of chips. :goodvibes

Our second order was the

IMG_2821.jpg

IMG_2820.jpg

Fried Shrimp Basket, served with cole slaw and French Fries. It was not the first time we had it and it did not disappoint. Nice yummy shrimp in a crisp batter, what else can you ask for? ;)

Next up - Wolfgang Puck's Express

I love CHH not only for the food, but the atmosphere. I know some may like the spacey... cosmic rays with the animatronic host (or whatever he is) but I love the quietness of CHH (at least upstairs it upstairs ;) )

I love CHH not only for the food, but the atmosphere. I know some may like the spacey... cosmic rays with the animatronic host (or whatever he is) but I love the quietness of CHH (at least upstairs it upstairs ;) )

We LOVE the upstairs seating. So fun to sit at a window and watch the hustle and bustle of Liberty Square, while you much something yummy! :thumbsup2

Another great update Karin
I can't believe you are nearing the end of your report
It's been an epic !!!
:)

I've been wondering how the lobster roll is. Glad to hear it's tasty. I would like to try that place for lunch, but Bob wants a beer with lunch. So no go anyplace in the MK!:rolleyes1

We also make a few visits to Columbia Harbour House. We love the tuna sandwiches and the New England clam chowder soup.

Another great update Karin
I can't believe you are nearing the end of your report
It's been an epic !!!
:)

Thank you, Linda! I am happy to see it coming to an end too! ;) I wish I had more time to update (or less threads to tend to :lmao:), but we are close to airline food again.
Then, on the other hand .... I have another 4 weeks of Disney food coming up SOON! :cloud9:

I've been wondering how the lobster roll is. Glad to hear it's tasty. I would like to try that place for lunch, but Bob wants a beer with lunch. So no go anyplace in the MK!:rolleyes1

We did not have anything to compare it with, but loved the taste. There were a lot of good junks of lobster in there and we would order it again. :thumbsup2
Sounds like Bob is more of an Epcot guy ;) when it comes to drinks.

We also make a few visits to Columbia Harbour House. We love the tuna sandwiches and the New England clam chowder soup.

Ah, the tuna sandwich! :love: Soooooo good! And such a nice CS restaurant, especially if you get upstairs seating. :thumbsup2

Day 29, September 10

Wolfgang Puck's Express

It is our tradition that our last meal at WDW is one at WPE too! So this time we had already eaten lunch at CHH and were not hungry at all, but supersticious as we are, we still needed some WPE and so decided to get some take away. :lmao:

So we ordered, picked it up

IMG_9507.JPG

and headed to the airport where we enjoyed our early dinner after check-in.

We had ordered a

IMG_9511.jpg

Rotisserie Turkey Club Sandwich, with avocado, bacon, red onion, plum tomatoes, romaine and remoulade, which was still delicious when eaten at the airport. Even the cold fries were still yummy. Our second choice is our all time favourite sandwich there, the

IMG_9510.jpg

IMG_9513.jpg

Pesto Chicken Salad Sandwich, with lots of romaine and plum tomatoes. :thumbsup2
Unfortunately this was our last yummy Disney meal of this vacation and all that was still to come was airline food and airport food.

Next up - Dinner provided by Lufthansa

Glad you were able to keep with tradition and eat at WGPE. I would feel bad for you that all you have left is the airplane food... but.:rotfl2: I think the food you get on the airplane looks pretty yummy. ;)

Day 29, September 9

airplane snack

We left on time and about 45 minutes into the flight we were served a small snack before dinner.

I got some

IMG_2832.jpg

Diet Coke and Tom had a beer (sorry no photo) and we both got a small bag of

IMG_2831.jpg

crackers. Enough to keep us occupied until dinner was served. ;)

Next up - Dinner provided by Lufthansa

Glad you were able to keep with tradition and eat at WGPE. I would feel bad for you that all you have left is the airplane food... but.:rotfl2: I think the food you get on the airplane looks pretty yummy. ;)

It's not as nice going home ..... and it does NOT live up to Disney food! I think it is the pixie dust, they season their food with, that makes it so tasty! :rotfl:

Is your coke in a cup holder? How brilliant!!! I can' tell you how many flights... well, lets see :scratchin .. yes it would be all my flights where something bumps the cup and a small amount spills. Definitely not the end of the world, but wow..wouldn't a cup holder make it so much easier?

Is your coke in a cup holder? How brilliant!!! I can' tell you how many flights... well, lets see :scratchin .. yes it would be all my flights where something bumps the cup and a small amount spills. Definitely not the end of the world, but wow..wouldn't a cup holder make it so much easier?

Yes, it actually is. I can't remember flying international and not having one. Not sure about the smaller planes, but the big ones all have them.
So much easier, as the space you have for your tray is so limited in the first place. :thumbsup2

Day 29, September 9

Dinner provided by Lufthansa

About 40 minutes later, after we had been handed hot wet towels, we were served dinner.

IMG_2833.jpg

For starter we had a

IMG_2834.jpg

small salad with

IMG_2836.jpg

creamy Caesar dressing. I was impressed, as the salad tasted fresh and nice, but we made a big mistake having the

IMG_2838.jpg

roll with

IMG_2837.jpg

butter along with it. The roll was stone cold and was dry and kind of hard. Most of it was returned.

Our main course were the

IMG_2839.jpg

Pasta Arrabiata. I love to have pasta on flights, unfortunately this time the pasta was way overcooked and the sauce very much on the bland side. Not quite what I had expected. :rolleyes1

Next came dessert.

IMG_2835.jpg

Some kind of Tiramisu. Now, that was nice. Strong coffee flavour and a thick mascarpone topping, dusted with cocoa powder. :love:

Once we had finished dinner we both took some sleeping aid and slept through most of the 9 hour flight. We even slept through breakfast! :laughing:

Next up - a quick lunch at Frankfurt airport

Day 30, September 10

A quick lunch at Frankfurt airport

Since we had slept through breakfast we were both hungry when we finally arrived at Frankfurt airport. There is about a two hour layover, so we went, found our departure gate and went to pick up some lunch.

We got two

IMG_2841.jpg

Diet Cokes, which were kind of just cool and were sure we had left the US - no more ice-cold soft drinks!

We both had ordered a

IMG_2840.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

hot salami sandwich.

IMG_2843.jpg

And as you can see, there was not much salami in the sandwich, it was kind of dry (sounds funny if you think that salami is so fatty) and tasteless.
Yip, we were definitely back. :rotfl2:

DONE!!!!!!!​
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Thank you everyone who stuck with me for such a long time. I hope you enjoyed sharing our adventures in food on land and at sea as much as we did.

We will be on our way to the US in just 8 more weeks and I hope that some of you will come along to read our new food adventures once we are back! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter