• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sunset photo tour

NanMar

Mouseketeer
has anyone done it? Thoughts about it? Is it worth it? What type of camera did you use? Thanks for any info or tips!

I did it 2 weeks ago. It is a class not really a tour. The cost was $39.00. The instructor is one of the photographers. I use a DSLR. I don't know if the class includes point and shoot cameras. I was the only 'student' so I had a one to one class. It was good for me to review some of the manual adjustments on my camera in order to take low light photos. Some of what I took came out very well. And Brandon who was my instructor was very nice. They have a small handout to help you remember how to adjust settings to get certain effects depending on the available light etc.
I called early the same day and made a reservation for the class. I was asked to go to the Photopass desk in Kalepa's Store about 15 minutes before the class to pay for it. Then I met Brandon and we walked down to the beach. I have used film SLR cameras for many years. It was great to be able to see the pictures as I took them and keep those that I liked.
The time it is held depends on what time sunset is.

I may have to do this!!

Did you do any Photopass sunset photos? If so, I'd be interested to see how they turn out and how long before "official" sunset time they were taken. I don't want to wait too late and have them be dark.

Anxiously awaiting your TR... ;)

I saw a Photopass photographer taking 'sunset' photos with a couple one evening when I was going to Uncle's Storytelling. It was about 20-30 minutes before actual sunset.
When I took the sunset photography class we started about 45 minutes to an hour before actual sunset so that Brandon could review settings with me and I could try out the settings and see what effects I could get. We finished the actual 'class' a bit before sunset and I stayed around to take more pictures. It was fun.
Sorry that I had to delay my trip report but I have been having issues with my PC and this mini iPad isn't as easy to type on. (Especially with the grrr autocorrect that doesn't like my language.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter