Summer Months - Lighter Crowds!???

:woohoo: Happy Anniversary!!! Our son's 17th birthday is the day before our anniversary and we are ditching him this year. :blush: I am riddled with mom guilt but his older sisters promise they'll make it special for him.
Ha, oh funny! Enjoy your special time together ALONE! Happy Anniversary to you too! :-)

We use to go in February because of low crowds and then that got busy. So we changed to after Spring break in March, that got busy. We tried mid October, still busy. We talked to a couple of CMs and they both said the same thing. There really isn't a slow time anymore. We are going the week after Thanksgiving this year and I am anticipating it being as crowded as normal. I cannot handle the heat and humidity in Summer so that is out no matter how light the crowds. I hope you get a low crowd though whenever you do go.

Exactly. The heat is out of the question for me - unless, for some reason, I have no choice. I was told about the crowds in 2015 at the POP lobby when I asked about crowds. The CM confirmed, "Yes, that's true, there is no such thing as low crowd season anymore." That is why I am still sticking to my fall months, because it is indeed cooler, and I always take my vacations in the fall. But when I heard about light summer crowds in another thread, I wanted to ask about it.

I have only been to Disney in mid to late June '15, '16 and '17 and did not find the crowds to be awful at all. Bag check has always been pleasant and not a long wait. I, unfortunately, do not have a fall trip to compare it to (I'm hoping that changes soon!) I too have heard fall crowds are getting larger.

While I myself am really excited for TSL and could agree this will cause more crowds, I still feel they could have done a little more but maybe that will change when I see it up close and personal.

Thanks for the info. What this post has taught me is that I don't want to go in the summer only because of the heat. If I do go, crowds are not likely to be much worse than what I'm used to in the fall. So it won't be attendance that keeps me away - and there is always a chance now (in spite of the heat) - that I can indeed take a summer trip. At the end of the day, heat doesn't bother me as much as crowds so thick that you can't even do a brisk walk to get out of one section of a park to another section. Crowds and long waits for EVERY attraction.. not fun at all. If I have to endure that, I'll stop going to Disney.

Our June 2017 trip was very comparable to our October 2013 trip in regards to crowds. Our early November 2015 trip was a tad less crowded but not much (and it was HOT).

If I could go any time of year it would probably always be fall. However, I know have a daugher going to middle school and since we like to go for 10+ days, we will now be summer visitors.

:rotfl2: on July 15 we will be at HS in the morning then hop to AK in the afternoon.

I have my FP's booked & 2 ADR's that day. On 7/16 we start the morning at AK then hop to EP, again 3 FP's & 2 ADR's, should I just cancel 7/16 plans then :confused3.

OK, really, where is the world cup this year & if a game is being played 7/15, wouldn't they at least not be in the park during game time? I think I've seen a pavilion at EP turned into soccer central with a/c, several tvs & viewing lounge, but I don't remember seeing any other activity for soccer or any celebrations. Also, wouldn't the celebration following the game take to the streets & not necessarily a park? Just speculating a bit on what we could see this July for soccer, anyone else have some ideas?
If Brazil and Argentina somehow meet in the Finals on July 15,WDW will cease to exist as we know it! was written more or less with "tongue in cheek"lol:)

Well,for the most part anyway!lol:)

The World Cup is in Russia.

It is not very likely at all that Brazil and Argentina will meet in the Finals,but one of them possibly could win the World Cup with Brazil second in the odds at 5-1 and Argentina fifth in the odds at 12-1.

Brazil last won the World Cup in 2002 and Argentina hasn't won since 1986,so this year's 15s were not even born the last time their Country won-it would be a HUGE OFF THE CHARTS thing to either group to win!

If one of them were to win,what would happen would be that the winning 15s would be in the Parks doing A LOT of singing and waving their flag and "taunting" The 15s that did not win when they cross paths.:)

For example,Argentina lost to Germany in the World Cup Finals in 2014 and some of the Brazil 15s bought Germany flags and would wave them at the Argentina 15s when they would see them in the Parks!lol:)

And Disney made the mistake of letting an ATG and a BTG watch the Argentina v. Germany Finals "together" in End Zone Food Court at All-Star Sports and there was an "incident" where Security had to be called as well as the LIFEGUARDS-you know it is a bad scene when the LIFEGUARDS have to come!!!!lol:)

The Parks are huge so someone wanting to avoid The 15s can just go in the opposite direction of them.

But sometimes it is just unavoidable to encounter them such as in ride lines,in the Fantasmic! theater,etc.(the F! theater has been known to have a "Brazil!"/Argentina!" "shouting match" break out from time to time!lol) or if staying at one of their Resorts.:)

For World Cup 2014,The Odyssey,Wonders of Life building and Restaurantosaurus hosted viewing parties-no plans for this World Cup have been announced yet by Disney.

As long as you are not staying at one of their Resorts,you could have excellent "timing" and see very little of The 15s during your trip-really no way to predict but I would go ahead and brush up on your Spanish and Portuguese to be safe!lol:)

Last edited:
Always went in the fall in October or during Spring Break in March. Last summer, did a surprise trip at the end of July. Crowds were not bad and less than what we had seen in March in 2015, 2013, and 2011. We did rope drop most days and with most parks closing at 9pm or 10pm most nights, we stayed all day at the parks. Did not see any large groups, no cheer groups, no South America groups, no teen groups at all. Stayed at Pop Century. We only had rain 1out of 9 days and the heat was not too bad either. All in all, I’d do it again for a late July trip.
That is when we are going this year.

My family always did the first 2 weeks of October...and every time it was wonderful.::yes::
In 2016 we did June and it was way TOO HOT! My family was melting! :beach:

Switched it up and did February around President's Day the next 2 vacations & absolutely loved the low crowds & 75 degree weather. :banana:

Now due to college/work & baseball schedules we are back to a June Vacation. We're totally prepared for the heat if it happens again. :cool2:

Thanks for the info. What this post has taught me is that I don't want to go in the summer only because of the heat. If I do go, crowds are not likely to be much worse than what I'm used to in the fall. So it won't be attendance that keeps me away - and there is always a chance now (in spite of the heat) - that I can indeed take a summer trip.

Summer is now one of the better times to go in terms of crowds, but generally we're talking about late Aug to Sept. By far, the most enjoyable time we've found these days in terms of the balance between crowds and weather was this past March. Beautiful weather and manageable crowds.

Summer is now one of the better times to go in terms of crowds, but generally we're talking about late Aug to Sept. By far, the most enjoyable time we've found these days in terms of the balance between crowds and weather was this past March. Beautiful weather and manageable crowds.
Definitely something to think about.

we went at the end of Aug 2017, and as I recall there was a free dining offer for the UK. I heard a lot of British accents and more crowds. Who can blame them, we're going back Aug 2019 and hoping for free dining.

we went at the end of Aug 2017, and as I recall there was a free dining offer for the UK. I heard a lot of British accents and more crowds. Who can blame them, we're going back Aug 2019 and hoping for free dining.
Wait. Am I misunderstanding you?? The free dining offer was exclusive to dining in the UK Pavilion at Epcot???

Wait. Am I misunderstanding you?? The free dining offer was exclusive to dining in the UK Pavilion at Epcot???

The UK is offered free-dining at an alternative time to the US and our schools don't go back till the 1st or 2nd week of September so that's why the PP would've heard more UK accents that normal. I'm pretty sure that's what they meant.

The UK is offered free-dining at an alternative time to the US and our schools don't go back till the 1st or 2nd week of September so that's why the PP would've heard more UK accents that normal. I'm pretty sure that's what they meant.

Ah, duh. I see it now, lol.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter