Summer horror movie marathons, do you do them? And if so, do you watch them by yourself or with loved ones?

I don't do horror films but I am a movie watcher. Love older movies and especially in the summer, watch one every night. Last night I watched Breakfast Club (again). I sit in front of the fan and eat leftover dinner usually. :)

Sorry Buzz…..this is a big no way for me :sad2:
I honestly don’t remember the last time I watched a horror movie - maybe 25+ years ago.
There are actually some really good new ones. I mean I love the classic 70's, 80's, and 90's classics but some of the newer ones now are less gore and more really spooky/mystery style.

I like horror movies, but don’t watch them as often as I used to. DH retired from his crop insurance job so no longer has yearly school or overnights away. That is when I watched them the most.

There are actually some really good new ones. I mean I love the classic 70's, 80's, and 90's classics but some of the newer ones now are less gore and more really spooky/mystery style.
Doesn't matter to me. I don't view being scared as entertainment. It's not enjoyable, no reason for me to watch. I have a hard enough time sleeping as it is.

My DH and my older daughters have sort of a tradition/thing where they stay up late a few watching horror movies together, so I’m sure they’ll be doing that this summer but I hate horror movies so I don’t ever watch them.

I didn't know summer was a time of year for this, is this common?

Come to think of it we were in Maine and when I saw "Crystal Lake" I did wonder who the brave people were living there:oops: Crystal Lake Campground

I didn't know summer was a time of year for this, is this common?

Come to think of it we were in Maine and when I saw "Crystal Lake" I did wonder who the brave people were living there:oops: Crystal Lake Campground
Here in NYS it is with smores, popcorn, and homemade milkshakes/soda floats (or whatever else families eat for fun on movie marathon nights). Although, now that I'm an adult, I cut back on the sugar and usually just have popcorn and water.

This thread really took me by surprise. I thought I was the only one!

Every August — the hot, miserable, dog days of summer — I hunker down and binge watch old Universal monster movies and the like. They’re not scary, but are all set in misty and foggy places that are a great escape from the heat and glare outside. They put you somewhere else! Sometimes DD joins me, but most times it’s just me and a tall glass of ice water.

As kids our Parents called them Science Fiction, we called them monster movies, kids today call them Horror Movies.
When the kids watch scary movies they ALWAYS have the dog with them.
1PtIg3j.jpg

I watch horror movies year round. It's my favorite genre! We have a portable screen and projector set up in the backyard. I love sitting out there once the sun goes down and the heat wanes just a bit to watch a fun horror movie. I like to lean into the summer vibe with movies that feel a bit grimy and sweaty, like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, House of 1000 Corpses, Jeepers Creepers, X, Sleepaway Camp, etc.

Who's excited for Maxxxine coming out in July? I loved X and Pearl so I can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter