Summer 2024 Direct Incentives

So for this cycle, what is the difference between already member and non member pricing? Trying to see how cheap I can get AKL 150 direct non member.

Can you get a Oct or Dec UY for CFW and use 2023 points for Magical beginnings for a resort that hasn't opened yet?

I don't think so. You would have to wait for next year for something like that. The resort didn't exist/wasn't being sold in 2023 so there are no 2023 points, just 2024 and beyond.

Also isn't there a 1 year waiting period before the member incentives are available after buying resale? I read that somewhere...

Unless it’s changed in the last year, you qualify for member pricing once Disney creates your membership number (which can be 1-2 weeks after ROFR) but you don’t qualify for the lower interest rate members get on financing until one year later.

Does that apply if you were a former member and your buying back in ? Time period of being out is less than 2 years and my DVC agent know this and reasons why I had to sell.

Edit - Agent sent me pricing for members with lowest interest rate as I asked for member pricing as I’m purchasing a resale to become a member again not sure if that means I’ll get it just saying

The short answer is there’s a cost advantage to buying direct closer to your UY, but keep in mind:
to also consider how important UY may be to you over the years before trying to ‘time’ a direct purchase
incentives change (waiting 4 months might improve the dues advantage though risks lower incentive cycle)
date of sale together with your UY determines how many years of points are in the contract (+/- one year difference)
planning a special trip could mean buying asap is best.

Have you thought about Use Year and what works best for your travel patterns? Start here.

We like visiting different months, so the way we chose our UY was looking at which block of months we’re least likely to visit. That was summer. Sept or Oct UY looked best because most/all of our trips would happen before those banking deadlines.

That’s one part of the decision. The next part is timing your best UY choice(s) with best months to buy for limiting prorated dues. For example, last year I bought a Sept UY direct - in June. Now I could’ve pushed the purchase out 2 more months to August and saved the cost on 2 months of dues (in my case was only around $200, but higher point purchases and higher dues resorts can quickly increase that amount). That would not have changed total amount of points we got, in both cases we would’ve gotten 2022’s points and beyond; the only thing that would’ve changed was paying 2 months less dues and having to wait 2 more months before using those points.
How far out can they push the Welcome Home bonus? I am looking at 200 pt Rivera with DEC UY and my stay ends today. I do have the Disney Visa and I have a referral on bonus. I will be applying my 2023 points for Magical beginnings since I am completing a 7 day stay here at SSR. I would like to push out my contract to 8/11 the day before the Visa offer expires but idk if my 2k welcome home bonus can be extended that far out.

How far out can they push the Welcome Home bonus? I am looking at 200 pt Rivera with DEC UY and my stay ends today. I do have the Disney Visa and I have a referral on bonus. I will be applying my 2023 points for Magical beginnings since I am completing a 7 day stay here at SSR. I would like to push out my contract to 8/11 the day before the Visa offer expires but idk if my 2k welcome home bonus can be extended that far out.
Do you have any more trips or Disney cruises already booked that are coming up? We were told the Welcome Home bonus expired at the end of our trip in April, but later let our guide know about our cruise planned for September and other trips coming later in the year, and he got approval to extend the WH offer until last week when the previous incentive period expired. And it still applied when we shifted forward to use the (same) current incentives with the extra Disney Visa bonus.

Do you have any more trips or Disney cruises already booked that are coming up? We were told the Welcome Home bonus expired at the end of our trip in April, but later let our guide know about our cruise planned for September and other trips coming later in the year, and he got approval to extend the WH offer until last week when the previous incentive period expired. And it still applied when we shifted forward to use the (same) current incentives with the extra Disney Visa bonus.

As of right now I don't but I'm currently looking for a weekend to stay for our visit for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween.

Does that apply if you were a former member and your buying back in ? Time period of being out is less than 2 years and my DVC agent know this and reasons why I had to sell.

Edit - Agent sent me pricing for members with lowest interest rate as I asked for member pricing as I’m purchasing a resale to become a member again not sure if that means I’ll get it just saying
The guide needs to request approval, but can be done.

For the automatic approval at least one of your active contracts needs to be one year old.

Id ask your guide. But also I had a guide tell me "it not our business what you do with your reservation in the future" when I asked what if cancel my future reservation after buying

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest