• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Suggestions for staying off-site?

RIPaula

Mouseketeer
We have never stayed offsite, but are considering doing so to afford a February trip. We have AP'sand AAA. Does this help with parking? What happens w/transportation? Would we pay daily to park? Is there good reliable bus service from any nearby resorts? How about the Downtown Disney ones? Any good suggestions on how to work this, or which resorts would be greatly appreciated!

Greetings,
My wife and I have made the trip the last (3) years and stayed offsite. We have always rented a car since we don't like to tied down to bus schedules. You will have to pay about $6 to park in the Disney lots but if you want to park hop you can just show your parking ticket at the next park and you can park for free as long is it is on the same day. There is Disney transportation available at the parks and also at Downtown Disney. We use the Disney transportation to go to the Boardwalk and also to access Epcot via the Boardwalk at night.
Also, most hotels offsite offer some sort of shuttle service to the parks, however, you are tied to their schedules.
I hope this helps.

Kevin ;)

Hello,

This will be our 10th consec. year at WDW. The past 3 years we have rented a vacation home off site and will do so from now on. We will be visiting in Feb. and have a 5 bedroom, 4 bt room home with a pool and hot tub for $143 a night plus $20 a day for pool heat due to the time visiting. All I can say is PRIVACY PRIVACY PRIVACY!!! We drive down from Mich. so we have transportation and do not mind paying for parking.

Cyndi

The parking fee (6.00) is waivered for all AP holders! so you can park for free! Just show your AP to the gate attendant. We did this last Jan and it was GREAT!

Muffy

Paula, you said you want to stay offsite to save money. However, if you have APs, you should be to get a good rate at the all stars or moderates for about same price as a good offsite hotel.

If you still want to stay offsite, any of the downtown disney hotels are good and have specials listed on mousesavers.com.

Also, there are tons of hotels arouind the crossroads area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter