Suggested Park visits for Jan/Feb Trip

robshelle

Earning My Ears
Hello, first timer here for Disneyworld, but vets of 3 Disneyland trips. Travelling to Orlando for Jan 25-Feb 3 trip. Will be spending 6 days at WDW, 2 at Universal, and 1 at Kennedy space Center. Just looking at opinions for my choices for parks visits. Will be staying offsite and renting a car. Not getting park hoppers, but will attend the DAH event on Jan 30.

Jan 25 MK (probably wont get to park until noon)
Jan 26 AK
Jan 27 Kennedy Space Center
Jan 28 Universal Studios Islands of Adventure
Jan 29 Epcot
Jan 30 HS, Then DAH
Jan 31 Universal Studios Florida
Feb 1 AK
Feb 2 MK (hoping for Splash Mountain to be finished)

My 2 boys are older teenagers, and will be looking mostly for the rides, and some shows, especially on the DAH day so we wont be too tired.

Any comments from you Disneyworld veterans would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

First thing I see is a grouping issue. Guessing you have your reasons- but I think you are underestimating the amount of time you are going to spend in a car by not grouping locations together. You are coming down during a slower time of the year, but International Drive (and other area roads) will still be quite busy. It will take you quite a while to go from WDW to USF (depending upon the time of day you go- and whether or not you take the time to learn the shortcuts). Also, with USF- it will be about the same price to buy a 2 park, 3 day ticket as it will be to buy single admission by the day. I would group these 2, as a hopper will allow you to take the train from one park to another- you can't ride the train without a hopper. We are doing WDW and USF together (along with SeaWorld) in January- and are changing hotels. I would start or end with the Space Center- again- a driving issue. Traffic when you get into the 'zone' where all the theme parks are bunched together can be gridlock (again, depending on the time of day). It shouldn't be quite the nightmare that it could be since you are here in January, but if you don't group stuff you will be spending a decent chunk of your vacation sitting in traffic (unless you research and learn the shortcuts around it).

Hello, first timer here for Disneyworld, but vets of 3 Disneyland trips. Travelling to Orlando for Jan 25-Feb 3 trip. Will be spending 6 days at WDW, 2 at Universal, and 1 at Kennedy space Center. Just looking at opinions for my choices for parks visits. Will be staying offsite and renting a car. Not getting park hoppers, but will attend the DAH event on Jan 30.

Jan 26 AK
Jan 29 Epcot
Jan 30 HS, Then DAH
Feb 1 AK

My 2 boys are older teenagers, and will be looking mostly for the rides, and some shows, especially on the DAH day so we wont be too tired.

Thank You!

Seems fine to me. Universal is less than a 30-minute drive from WDW without traffic, no more than 45-60 with. KSC is about 60-75 minutes away at most. I don’t see an advantage to reordering your days, assuming you’re staying in the WDW area for the entire trip.

Jan 26 AK
Jan 29 Epcot
Jan 30 HS, Then DAH
Feb 1 AK

Thank You!

I would highly recommend getting a park-to-park ticket for Universal, otherwise you can't ride Hogwart's Express. If you are Harry Potter fans, it's a must-do.

I'm not seeing the issues with grouping either. You're staying off site so it doesn't matter which way you drive in the morning. (Not that I think it would matter even if you were staying on property...)

We loved Kennedy Space Center - not sure if it'll be more crowded on a Saturday, though?.

My only sort of suggestion is maybe considering swapping your second AK day and USF. I think the HS and DAH day is going to be long and tiring and your whole trip doesn't allow breaks. Since it's your second AK day it could be a slower/easier day and could be a break after your long HS/DAH day.

I know you don't have hoppers, so I'm going to suggest you move HS to your arrival day. If your boys are Star Wars fans at all, the Star Wars Spectacular at HS is worth a night time slot on your itinerary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter