• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Success Cancelling Park Hoppers?

September. I did it yesterday, and then the Change Reservation button disappeared last night, but it is back this morning.

When is your trip? I would love to be able to do this. The option appeared for me last night while using Safari but can't find it anywhere today.

I did just get through on phone lines after trying multiple numbers with "call failed" or "busy circuits". 407-566-4985 worked, on hold now with music etc.
Hour and 20 minutes I've been on hold.

I talked to guest services today to get moved to a different resort and they mentioned switching my park hoppers (I wasn't going to worry about it, hotel is more important) so they did it for me.

The CM I just spoke with was not able to downgrade my ticket to base tickets without booking me in a new resort. She was also not able to book a new resort for me at this time, so basically nothing was accomplished, haha. She suggested that it may be possible my ticket isn't able to be downgraded because of the 35% recovery discount.

I’m in the same boat, and that’s what I was afraid of. We had to buy PH’s to get the free dining... which eventually qualified us for the 35% discount. I figured they wouldn’t take off our PH’s. I’m hopeful by December that hopping will be allowed again.

2 hours and 40 minutes and now the audio is gone again for being on hold. Every time that happens I'm worried I'm going to be hung up on.

I’m in the same boat, and that’s what I was afraid of. We had to buy PH’s to get the free dining... which eventually qualified us for the 35% discount. I figured they wouldn’t take off our PH’s. I’m hopeful by December that hopping will be allowed again.

I had free dining initially and then the 35% recovery discount and guest services had no problem making my tickets base instead of hopper.

Has anyone successfully switched them to base tickets without it affecting your park reservations? Just want a confirmation. 😆 I'm a paranoid polly.

Now that they answered they said they cannot fix it for me and I have to go to ticket services with another hour and a half hold. :(

When I called yesterday my CM said to wait. on case PH returns in Sept. I'm not sure if it was them just tired after a long day on phones, or good advice. I owe a smidge on package, but PH removal would give me a refund.

I called yesterday to get moved since my resort wouldnt be open during our stay. They moved my resort, but was told for some reason they were not able to remove the hopper at this time. We originally booked a free dining bounceback that was changed to the 35% off Recovery20 discount. I was told to try to get it taken care of at check in. I may try to call again but not when the phone lines are jammed up. Was on call almost 5 hours yesterday, I am not doing that again.

Has anyone successfully switched them to base tickets without it affecting your park reservations? Just want a confirmation. 😆 I'm a paranoid polly.

Yes, my park reservations are still there. Also, just wondering because I can't seem to find a consistent answer, does anyone know what the park hopper cost was? We had 2 10 day adult park hopper tickets. I thought guest services told me the refund for the hoppers would take about $100 off my total, but in MDE it looks more like $200 something cheaper than it was.

Yes, my park reservations are still there. Also, just wondering because I can't seem to find a consistent answer, does anyone know what the park hopper cost was? We had 2 10 day adult park hopper tickets. I thought guest services told me the refund for the hoppers would take about $100 off my total, but in MDE it looks more like $200 something cheaper than it was.
Park hopper price increases with length of stay I believe. It's about 85 dollars for an adult for a 6-7 day stay?
Found this on Mousesavers:
The extra cost on top of the base-price ticket is $69.23 for a 1-day ticket; $79.88 for add-on to 2- or 3-day tickets; or $90.53 for add-on to any 4-day or longer ticket. This works out to a little under $13 per day on a 7-day ticket.

My park hoppers are non expiring tickets I bought in 2011, I really don’t want to use them if I can’t hop. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they will start selling tickets again before my stay so I can switch them with a lesser ticket hopefully the 1 day at each park ticket

The CM I just spoke with was not able to downgrade my ticket to base tickets without booking me in a new resort. She was also not able to book a new resort for me at this time, so basically nothing was accomplished, haha. She suggested that it may be possible my ticket isn't able to be downgraded because of the 35% recovery discount.
I have 2 reservations. They only gave me the recovery discount on one. I was able to modify the tickets without the discount by changing the resort to the same one. I am unable to get to the modify page on the one I have the discount on.

I got hung up on prior to getting the second CM.

Did you try the direct guest services number? I was on hold for 2 hours yesterday and got disconnected, 2 hours this morning and disconnected and then tried the magic number and they picked up immediately. I don't know what I was going to do if that didn't work.

Did you try the direct guest services number? I was on hold for 2 hours yesterday and got disconnected, 2 hours this morning and disconnected and then tried the magic number and they picked up immediately. I don't know what I was going to do if that didn't work.
What number might that be?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter