Sturgis Motorcycle Rally...HUGE Crowds expected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you have asymptomatic flu or strep and pass it on to people? I'm not being snarky. I'm just curious because i have never heard of that happening.

Yes, the proportion of asymptomatic and subclinical (very mild) seasonal flu cases is high. But, the vast majority of symptomatic flu cases do not require medical attention. So, there is not a need to test for flu as widely as for SARS-COV-2.
Remember, this coronavirus is not just like the flu.

There are still pandering states with no mask requirements.
Gotta wonder how many folks killed will be "enough" to care about spread. 200,000? 300,000?
Well unfortunately, we'll see how much they care about 200k soon enough. But given they don't really care enough about 180k, I won't hold my breath.

Last edited:
There are still pandering states with no mask requirements.
Gotta wonder how many folks killed will be "enough" to care about spread. 200,000? 300,000?

It's not about not caring. It's about this virus doing what it is going to do. Closing in is only delaying the inevitable. I'm not advocating for the Corona parties, but let's not get in dither about it either. Yes, 200,000 is awful. But it is not the 2-3 million Fauci predicted when we shut the country down.

It's not about not caring. It's about this virus doing what it is going to do. Closing in is only delaying the inevitable. I'm not advocating for the Corona parties, but let's not get in dither about it either. Yes, 200,000 is awful. But it is not the 2-3 million Fauci predicted when we shut the country down.
When did he predict that? I have read he said there is no way of knowing but those numbers were unlikely.

When did he predict that? I have read he said there is no way of knowing but those numbers were unlikely.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/13/us/coronavirus-deaths-estimate.html
Sorry - it was the CDC...

"Between 160 million and 214 million people in the United States could be infected over the course of the epidemic, according to a projection that encompasses the range of the four scenarios. That could last months or even over a year, with infections concentrated in shorter periods, staggered across time in different communities, experts said. As many as 200,000 to 1.7 million people could die".

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/13/us/coronavirus-deaths-estimate.html
Sorry - it was the CDC...

"Between 160 million and 214 million people in the United States could be infected over the course of the epidemic, according to a projection that encompasses the range of the four scenarios. That could last months or even over a year, with infections concentrated in shorter periods, staggered across time in different communities, experts said. As many as 200,000 to 1.7 million people could die".
The title for your CDC article is... Worst-Case Estimates for US Coronovirus Deaths...
Not sure what that article proves or disproves. They are discussing possible worst case scenarios.

You clearly miss the whole point of testing for an infectious disease.
And, yes, it would be great if every place could test like the NBA does. Unfortunately, the US doesn’t have the resources to do so at the moment.
Please explain. Who do you think should be tested? CDC says they RECOMMEND (not mandate) only those who have symptoms or have been exposed, right? Or am I misreading that? Best case would be for EVERYONE to be tested (which is what I said in my post). Obviously that's not going to happen. So, aside from those with symptoms or have been knowingly exposed, who should go get tested?

The title for your CDC article is... Worst-Case Estimates for US Coronovirus Deaths...
Not sure what that article proves or disproves. They are discussing possible worst case scenarios. 🤷‍♀️

It was the basis for shutting down the country (initially for 14 days to 'flatten the curve') but now seems to be in perpetuity.

Please explain. Who do you think should be tested? CDC says they RECOMMEND (not mandate) only those who have symptoms or have been exposed, right? Or am I misreading that? Best case would be for EVERYONE to be tested (which is what I said in my post). Obviously that's not going to happen. So, aside from those with symptoms or have been knowingly exposed, who should go get tested?

The change in guidance from the CDC this week was to say that if you believe you have been exposed to someone who is Covid positive, that you only need to be tested if you are symptomatic. Which means that all the asymptomatic spreaders are free to go about their business. Another extremely irksome aspect of this ridiculousness is that this appears to have happened due to pressure from the White House.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/26/brett-giroir-coronavirus-testing-cdc-402524

The change in guidance from the CDC this week was to say that if you believe you have been exposed to someone who is Covid positive, that you only need to be tested if you are symptomatic. Which means that all the asymptomatic spreaders are free to go about their business. Another extremely irksome aspect of this ridiculousness is that this appears to have happened due to pressure from the White House.
https://

‘Appears‘.... as in without evidence?

‘Appears‘.... as in without evidence?

From the article I linked to in my post -

"Top Trump administration officials involved with the White House coronavirus task force ordered the Centers for Disease Control and Protection to stop promoting coronavirus testing for most people who have been exposed to the virus but aren't showing symptoms, according to two people with knowledge of the process."

From the article I linked to in my post -

"Top Trump administration officials involved with the White House coronavirus task force ordered the Centers for Disease Control and Protection to stop promoting coronavirus testing for most people who have been exposed to the virus but aren't showing symptoms, according to two people with knowledge of the process."
So did you not read further?

Top Trump administration officials involved with the White House coronavirus task force ordered the Centers for Disease Control and Protection to stop promoting coronavirus testing for most people who have been exposed to the virus but aren't showing symptoms, according to two people with knowledge of the process.
Federal testing czar Brett Giroir denied those allegations Wednesday, telling reporters that the CDC ultimately decided to narrow the recommendations for who should be tested.

Yes, the proportion of asymptomatic and subclinical (very mild) seasonal flu cases is high. But, the vast majority of symptomatic flu cases do not require medical attention. So, there is not a need to test for flu as widely as for SARS-COV-2.
Remember, this coronavirus is not just like the flu.
And I wasn't comparing it to the flu. If that's what you read, I can't help you.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/26/brett-giroir-coronavirus-testing-cdc-402524
Again, they're not going to keep anyone from getting tested (as I read it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter