Struggling with MK lunch

SugarSweetLee

Mouseketeer
Our honeymoon trip is after New Year's in January, so hours will be shortened again with our MK days being only 9a-6p. We will have 2 days in MK and have made an ADR for Skipper's Canteen for lunch on the first day, but I'm kind of stumped about what to do for the other later in the week.

We aren't interested in a huge meal from Liberty or BoG at that time of day, but I'm not seeing much else that looks appealing of what's open.

With the park days being so short, we don't want to head off somewhere that would take a ton of time to get to/from either.

What would you recommend?

Our honeymoon trip is after New Year's in January, so hours will be shortened again with our MK days being only 9a-6p. We will have 2 days in MK and have made an ADR for Skipper's Canteen for lunch on the first day, but I'm kind of stumped about what to do for the other later in the week.

We aren't interested in a huge meal from Liberty or BoG at that time of day, but I'm not seeing much else that looks appealing of what's open.

With the park days being so short, we don't want to head off somewhere that would take a ton of time to get to/from either.

What would you recommend?
I would take the boat to Wilderness lodge and go eat at Geyser Point right out on the water.

The spicy chicken waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow in LibertySquare was fantastic. Would recommend for sure. Also tried the nutella fruit waffle sandwich which was great as well.
We've done the Nutella version for breakfast last year! Had read mixed reviews about the chicken version, but seems worth considering...

We've gone to Grand Floridian Cafe for lunch a few times during MK days.

Within MK, we've enjoyed Columbia Harbour House a few times, try and snag a nice window table upstairs.

I recommend Columbia Harbor House - delicious, plentiful, great views, AND you don't waste any time travelling to/from a out-of-park location.

Here's what I would do:
I would eat a CS lunch and then go to The Wave at the Contemporary for dinner after the park closes. But you may already have dinner plans?

I recommend Columbia Harbor House - delicious, plentiful, great views, AND you don't waste any time travelling to/from a out-of-park location.
After I posted the above, noticed it is currently closed.

Yeah, unfortunately a lot of options like Columbia are closed, otherwise this wouldn't be quite so difficult :/
Could you try for The Plaza ADR? Or do QS like Pecos Bill but do dinner at one of MK resorts? Alternatively you could do breakfast skip lunch and do dinner
I looked at the Plaza menu but it seems incredibly limited right now and didn't really have anything that appealed :/

Here's what I would do:
I would eat a CS lunch and then go to The Wave at the Contemporary for dinner after the park closes. But you may already have dinner plans?
We do have a dinner ADR at Homecomin' :)

Problem is none of the CS options look very interesting either. We usually dine CS with limited/special TS meals, but everything is so limited right now it's hard to find anything.

I would walk to The Wave for lunch or visit one of the monorail/boat spots. I actually LOVE the menu at Captain Cooks (QS at Poly) and it'd be a relaxing break from the park.

MK IMO is my least favorite park for food and right now it's especially terrible. We typically eat at a hotel before/after and skip eating in the park all together but I know a lot of people really don't want to waste travel time.

I would walk to The Wave for lunch or visit one of the monorail/boat spots. I actually LOVE the menu at Captain Cooks (QS at Poly) and it'd be a relaxing break from the park.

MK IMO is my least favorite park for food and right now it's especially terrible. We typically eat at a hotel before/after and skip eating in the park all together but I know a lot of people really don't want to waste travel time.
I feel the same way about the food options at MK. I love the theming of BOG, but once you’ve done it, it’s hard to justify spending that much on non-amazing food. During our New Years trip, we are leaving MK mid-day for a monorail bar hop, and eating lunch at Kona Cafe during our Poly stop. Then head back to the park for desserts and more rides.

I think Pecos Bill’s is pretty good food, and cool atmosphere with the different rooms.
Oh, no, Pecos Bill's has gone way down hill and the food is terrible. We tried it last year and won't go back again. It was dirty, too. We couldn't find any flatware and there was none in the vending areas. No forks, no knives. It used to be one of my favorite places. I won't step foot in there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter