"Strong am I with the Force, but not that strong." - April Dark Side Weekend 2018 - 5/15 Boma

Yachtsman

My husband arrived at the Yacht Club by Taxi as he didn’t want to drive. I would have rather saved the $30 in taxi fare to and from but whatever. He texted me upon arrival so I left the meet up (I had been there for 3+ hours) and headed to the Yachtsman after a pitstop to the lady’s room. I was also probably the most underdressed I’ve been at a Disney Signature Restaurant as I had on jeans and a BB-8/BB-9 top. I realize that’s a mental thing as normally we are among the most dressed people in the signature restaurant so this time we were ‘normal.’ Our server was friendly and on top of things. There was a child who wouldn’t stop screaming and he apologized for that even though he didn’t have to. After 10 minutes of screaming, the parents finally took the kid out of the restaurant until he calmed down or passed out. Not sure which it was.

My husband and I ended up getting almost the exact same order for our meals with the only difference being the side for our steak. We love a well executed French Onion Suup and this one was perfection. The broth was so rich that you could tell they took the time to actually develop the broth. You can’t go wrong with lots of cheese on top either!

bJuMm91.jpg

French Onion Soup - Sourdough Crouton, Gruyere Cheese, Rich Onion Broth

We both got a filet mignon rather than doing a split of the steak for 2. The cost was near the same for either option. Each of our steaks were perfectly executed for medium-rare. I did run into a problem of fullness rather quickly so I could only eat half my steak but I blame all the earlier drinking on that! We got a doggy bag for my steak so that the puppies could have some on Monday after they came home. Not many puppies get to have a quarter of a $50 filet each but it was either that or trashing it. My husband had zero problem joining the clean plate club!

L6CP48a.jpg

8 Ounce Black Angus Filet Mignon - Mashed Potatoes and Cabernet Wine Sauce

4LYHudw.jpg

8 Ounce Black Angus Filet Mignon - Potato Gratin and Cabernet Wine Sauce

After dinner, we took a taxi back to Animal Kingdom Lodge. It was the same taxi driver he had earlier which was funny but at the same time, our meal took less than an hour as we didn’t have alcohol or dessert. We went to bed at a decent hour after packing up from the weekend as my husband would have the 2:45AM wake up call the next day for the half marathon!​

Looks like a great meal at Yachtsman! Nothing can really beat one of their amazing steaks.

It was so much fun! Too bad you won't be at Wine & Dine Weekend (although for very good reason!) but at least we can see you Marathon Weekend!

I know - I will miss all of y'all in November! Maybe I will make my way down to your neck of the woods when I'm in Florida in the Fall and you can show me all the fun places!

He texted me upon arrival so I left the meet up (I had been there for 3+ hours) and headed to the Yachtsman after a pitstop to the lady’s room.

Yeah ... Meet-Ups tend to go on like that ... :rotfl2::drinking1

Looks like you had a great meal. I love the filet mignon there I can't wait to go back.

Looks like a great meal at Yachtsman! Nothing can really beat one of their amazing steaks.

There steaks are amazing! I"m just sad I got too full to really enjoy all my steak! At least we live close enough that it can be a good doggy bag!

Yes! Their food is awesome!

I know - I will miss all of y'all in November! Maybe I will make my way down to your neck of the woods when I'm in Florida in the Fall and you can show me all the fun places!
Let me know! We have lots of drinks, sunsets and beaches.

Yeah ... Meet-Ups tend to go on like that ... :rotfl2::drinking1

That means people are having fun!

Love the Yachtsman. We always get the french onion soup too! It's all so good!

It is so good. I love how rich it is. Totally makes up for the healthier version I get from Paneras every so often.

Looks like you had a great meal. I love the filet mignon there I can't wait to go back.

It was a great meal! We are looking forward to returning again!

Yum! Yachtsman is on our list in August. I love a good steak!

Yay! Hope you have an amazing meal in August!

That steak looks delicious! Guess we will need to add Yachtsman to our honeymoon plans.

Where else are you looking at for your honeymoon?

Boma

Originally, this meal was supposed to be at Sanaa but the day before, we decided it was probably wiser to eat at 9/9:30AM and get on the road home earlier than being lazy in the room until a 11:30AM Sanaa reservation. Getting home earlier would mean more time to get laundry done or cleaning the house from the puppy since well, his paws seem to collect a lot of dirt! As Boma is easily my favorite breakfast buffet at Disney, we were happy to see we could get an ADR for 3 at the time we wanted and I had no shame taking the time and then changing the number at check-in.

My husband woke up at 2:45AM and left the room sometime after 3AM. As he woke me up in this process, I played around on my phone/iPad until 4:30AM when I finally went back to sleep. I slept through until 7:30AM. Not long after waking up, I got the text message that my husband had finished the half marathon. He was slower than normal but considering he hadn’t ran since we got Gantu 4 weeks earlier, I would say a 2:20 Half Marathon is pretty good!

io3w0v6.jpg

All His Medals

gvlwXXt.jpg

View from Room

Once he was cleaned up, we took our luggage to his truck and headed back in for breakfast before heading home. We didn’t have to wait long after check-in before we were seated and made our way to the buffet line!

My husband was tired and only made it up to the line once. He did have a very full plate at least! He isn’t really hungry after finishing a long run until a couple hours later. This is why we have a noon reservation for California Grill Brunch post Wine & Dine Half Marathon in November! By that point, he should be hungry. He was really happy with the eggs, pancakes, waffle and tater tots. He didn’t really go adventurous but as he just ran 13.1 miles, I wasn’t going to say a thing!

o70uzbK.jpg

Husband’s Plate

My first plate had ham with the spicy mustard, bacon, pap, biscuit with butter, tater tots and cheddar cheese. I was really happy with the spice on the mustard! I just wish they had turkey instead of ham for me to enjoy it with.

IcXHGhY.jpg

My First Plate

My second plate was a lot smaller as I was getting full too. I went for more cheese, a donut, tater tots, watermelon rinds and onions. This was nice selection as well and quickly devoured!

OJO5dhv.jpg

My Second Plate

I also had multiple glasses of the Jungle Juice as it is yum! Overall, we were done with breakfast in less than 30 minutes and quickly were on our way home! That’s the good thing about buffets as if you want to be quick, you can! Boma is our favorite breakfast buffet and we will be back when we stay at AKL again.

Upon going home, we had a nice day of getting the house clean and everything put away. So much easier to do all that without Gaston & Gantu underfoot! When we picked him up the next day, he was full troublemaker ;)

sSPWgqG.jpg

Gantu Being A Troublemaker

Thus ends our April Trip! I’ve started a pre-trip for my Food & Wine Festival adventures! I have two trips currently scheduled - one with my mother (4 nights) and one with my husband (10 nights) The pre-trip will also end up including our trip to Wisconsin for a wedding and my trip to Hollywood, FL for Britney Spears in July!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/“...-food-wine-festival-2018-update-5-13.3680844/

Where else are you looking at for your honeymoon?

Yak and Yeti (because I need those nachos) and Cali Grill are my only other two on the list as of now. Admittedly, of all the times I've been to Disney, the only places I've eaten that wasn't quick service, was Via Napoli 16 years ago.

My husband and I ended up getting almost the exact same order for our meals with the only difference being the side for our steak. We love a well executed French Onion Suup and this one was perfection. The broth was so rich that you could tell they took the time to actually develop the broth. You can’t go wrong with lots of cheese on top either!
I love a great French Onion soup too and that one looks amazing.

8 Ounce Black Angus Filet Mignon - Potato Gratin and Cabernet Wine Sauce
I would love that Potato Gratin!

My first plate had ham with the spicy mustard, bacon, pap, biscuit with butter, tater tots and cheddar cheese. I was really happy with the spice on the mustard! I just wish they had turkey instead of ham for me to enjoy it with.
Nothing better than Boma breakfast! What is it about those tater tots that makes them so good???

Gantu Being A Troublemaker
Cuteness overload!

Those medals are really cool!

I love Boma! I can't decide if I like it better for breakfast or dinner as both are so good. You know, I'm not a big buffet person but I do love me some breakfast buffets, yum yum. I guess it's because you can't really go wrong with endless amounts of bacon, hashbrowns, pancakes, waffles, pastries and fruit.

Look at the sweet little face. I could just snuggle him!

The Yachtsman steaks look yummy! My dd hates steak:confused3 and seafood so I have not been to any of the good steak and seafood signature restaurant. The only one we have been to is Tiffins, oh well so glad I can enjoy your reviews and live vicariously through them:rotfl2:We have been to Boma and totally agree with you, great buffet! Your pup is such a cutie.

Enjoyed your reviews once again!

These medals are so cute, makes me want to try a marathon...almost.

The breakfast looks yummy, I've never been to Boma before, maybe I'll check it out one day. And your puppy is so cute :)

You could always start with a 5K ;). I'm doing the Wine & Dine 5K for the theme only as it is Lady & The Tramp. We also have a 10.5 year old cocker spaniel so I'm totally going to run that race for him. I'm debating if I want to make a custom tank top of him and some funny saying. Not sure how much longer we have with him so he deserves this medal! Getting the puppy has seemingly aged him recently :(.

Boma is a great breakfast! We only go when we're staying at AKL as I'm not sure I would really travel for breakfast options. I'll probably go back in January while my husband is running the marathon for Goofy.

Yak and Yeti (because I need those nachos) and Cali Grill are my only other two on the list as of now. Admittedly, of all the times I've been to Disney, the only places I've eaten that wasn't quick service, was Via Napoli 16 years ago.

Those are two good choices! Are you sure it was Via Napoli 16 years ago? I'm pretty sure it opened in like 2010. Are you thinking of Alfredo's? I was one of the people that used to love Alfredo's but it wasn't the best reviewed restaurant on this board. Tutto Italia and Via Napoli were great additions though!

I love a great French Onion soup too and that one looks amazing.

I would love that Potato Gratin!

Nothing better than Boma breakfast! What is it about those tater tots that makes them so good???

Cuteness overload!

It was great French Onion! Probably one of the better ones out there (Bern's in Tampa is better but that is a different environment than Disney).

I think Tater Tots are so good because the Crispy to Soft ration is towards the Crispy side!

He is super cute! Teething now but he's cute so he can get away with it! He did earn his AKC STAR Puppy on Sunday though so I know I'm doing something right.

Those medals are really cool!

I love Boma! I can't decide if I like it better for breakfast or dinner as both are so good. You know, I'm not a big buffet person but I do love me some breakfast buffets, yum yum. I guess it's because you can't really go wrong with endless amounts of bacon, hashbrowns, pancakes, waffles, pastries and fruit.

Look at the sweet little face. I could just snuggle him!

The medals are one of the best reasons to run a Disney race. They are always so amazing!

Breakfast buffets are more my speed than dinner buffets. Bacon and hashbrowns are the best! Boma does has a decent dinner buffet too - I love the flavors there!

The Yachtsman steaks look yummy! My dd hates steak:confused3 and seafood so I have not been to any of the good steak and seafood signature restaurant. The only one we have been to is Tiffins, oh well so glad I can enjoy your reviews and live vicariously through them:rotfl2:We have been to Boma and totally agree with you, great buffet! Your pup is such a cutie.

Enjoyed your reviews once again!

Oh no! Steak and Seafood? That's so sad! I think though when I was your daughter's age - I wasn't a huge steak eater and I refused to eat all pork products. I've obviously changed my ways since then. Seafood is a must for me but I did grow up in Florida so there wasn't much choice in loving it! One of the stories my mother loves to tell is when I was 1 year old and I ate probably 1.5 pounds of shrimp from her favorite Italian restaurant (Patti's in Jacksonville) as her father just kept ordering for me as I wouldn't stop eating it.

Glad you enjoyed! Can't wait to read yours from your most recent trip!

I’m not sure which photos I like better—the ones of the wonderful food at Yachtsman or Gantu. He is adorable! :love:

You could always start with a 5K ;). I'm doing the Wine & Dine 5K for the theme only as it is Lady & The Tramp. We also have a 10.5 year old cocker spaniel so I'm totally going to run that race for him. I'm debating if I want to make a custom tank top of him and some funny saying. Not sure how much longer we have with him so he deserves this medal! Getting the puppy has seemingly aged him recently :(.
Those medals are really cute, they do a good job designing them. It's so hard when pets get old, you just want them to live forever. He might not have aged more, but you just notice more since a puppy is so energetic. Hopefully he has many more happy years left.

I’m not sure which photos I like better—the ones of the wonderful food at Yachtsman or Gantu. He is adorable! :love:

I'm going to go with Gantu...

Here's another!

5GGlNk8.jpg

Those medals are really cute, they do a good job designing them. It's so hard when pets get old, you just want them to live forever. He might not have aged more, but you just notice more since a puppy is so energetic. Hopefully he has many more happy years left.

Disney has really stepped up their medal game over the years. I love it!

It could very well be that! We've been giving him lots of special attention and he still is the only one that is allowed to sleep in bed as Gantu is crated at night. After he passes - we probably won't get another until Gantu is 4 or 5. We might not do the elderly dog/puppy thing again.

Love the medals -- so cool. Do you do anything special to display them at home? I wonder what next year's will look like when you're able to choose a side. Good for you for being responsible and getting on the road early. It does make re-entry to the work week easier when the laundry is done, fridge is stocked etc. but it is awfully hard to fight the "devil" on your shoulder telling you to enjoy every last second in WDW! I've not tried Boma as I'm not really a fan of buffets but the food looks good and I know so many rave about it. So, who knows, maybe someday. Sanaa is definitely on my list for next trip. Gantu is just adorable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter