Strategy for Epcot fireworks

dunalduck

Earning My Ears
I am aware of fireworks package but I wanted to be flexible on food choice because it’s Epcot.

Is it appropriate that I bring a towel, arrive at a favorite spot one hour in advance, lay down on the towel, sleep/eat while waiting for fireworks to start? I am not sure such “picnic” is allowed or not. Please share your opinion.

If it’s an ok plan, can you share your favorite viewing spot? I heard the real front is at the entrance of showcase. Others also mentioned it’s even better at the opposite side in front of America which has big ball within the fireworks.

Thanks in advance!

I do not see why this would be a problem. I would not take up too much room right before the fire works goes off.

This week, people were claiming spots along some of the fencing about an hour or so prior so it would not be odd to put down a small blanket and sit to wait. I can't imagine laying down and sleeping in the middle of a theme park, especially with the amount of people also claiming spots around you, but relaxing on a blanket is certainly doable.

We saw this particular show for the first time this week and I thought anyplace around the water would work great. Unlike the previous show, it doesn't have screens that can only be seen from certain spaces. We were in Future World, so we just wandered into the space between Port of Entry and Disney Traders stores 15 minutes prior. It's sloped, so everyone gets a great view. Everyone was sitting/resting when we arrived but about 10 minutes prior, CM's made everyone stand (which of course opened up a TON of space for more people to join).

People picnic before the fireworks all the time. Most of the spots in front of the lake will be taken about 30-60+ mins before the fireworks begins.

I love that with Luminous, they FINALLY designed a fireworks show with good viewing from all around the lake. There is no more “front”. It feels like a true pyromusical - where you really see the mastery in telling a story primarily with fireworks (and lights and fountains) and music.

Last Sunday night, we watched from that area in front of Norway, right beside the roped off area, and actually sat on a bench, by ourselves - just my husband and I - and ate a pretzel while we watched the fireworks! We were surprised that there was an empty bench available. And we didn't search it out an hour ahead of time - we walked upon it 10 minutes or so before they started. It was great!

Is there anything in the lagoon you would miss if you were back on a bench or just further back in the crowd?

Trying to decide if we want to try for another fireworks dinner next time around.

Is there anything in the lagoon you would miss if you were back on a bench or just further back in the crowd?

Trying to decide if we want to try for another fireworks dinner next time around.
Some of the fireworks and fountains are really low. And for me, I just don’t like people walking back and forth in front of me when watching fireworks. But overall, you should be fine.

I ended up watching from the bridge between World Showcase and Future World one time and had a pretty decent view (as there is a slope).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter